More difficult now!

• So I lost 5lbs last week by being strict on weight watchers. I was so happy and proud of myself for completing a week which I hadn't done in ages!

However i've only lost about 1lb this week which sucks! Finding it hard not to get dis-heartened by this and eat to make myself feel better. Already had a scone this evening so hope I haven't messed things up for my weigh in tomorrow. Hope i've lost 2lbs this week but I dunno.

I don't expect to lose 5lbs again but still it all feels like its slowed right down and feel like all this effort is going towards nothing!

x
  • Look at the bigger picture. You lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks!

Yes you do a weekly weigh in but the body fluctates for various reasons; water retention, stress, due to workout or maybe just because it wants to. The effort isn't for nothing. You are getting healthier. Every loss, no matter how small ( what you view as 1 pound) gets you closer to your goal!! Best of luck!
  • Thanks. My overall goal is to get back down to where I was which is 11 stone. I've worked out I could do that by New Year if I lose 2lbs a week; however with christmas before then I know I won't do it which is why i'm trying to lose as much as I can now before Christmas comes.

Ho hum..just need to try keep focused as I really wanna fit into one of my nice dresses again for my work christmas do etc.

I know i'll get back on the diet again in the new year but would rather try lose as much as poss now while I am motivated.

x
  • I always found that my weight loss per week fluctuates while on Weight Watchers. Some weeks, I'd lose 2-2.5lbs and other weeks I'd only lose 0.5lbs. It really depends on your body and the kind of week you've had.

Don't get disheartened! I always find that if I pick up something that weighs the same amount as I have lost, even if it's half a pound, then that makes me go, "Whoa! This much is gone from my body!".
  • Thanks both.

Well my weigh in today and I have only lost 1lb! A little disappointing as I haven't allowed myself any treats this week and still exercised so a bit odd but nevertheless I really need to keep going as I don't want to eat loads of treats and ruin it all. I know I won't get down to my ultimate goal by the end of the year with Christmas between now and then but I suppose at least I am losing each week - better than where I was - stuck in a rut at just over 12 and a half stone constantly!

x
  • Was last week your first week? Big losses in the first week are common if you stick to your plan strictly, but you won't see losses of the same size in subsequent weeks.

In my experience, eating junk food makes your body retain water, and slows down your digestive transit time. Stop eating junk, and you get a few good poos out of the way and stop hanging onto all that water. I lost five pounds in two days last week just by swapping crisps and chocolate for yoghurt and fruit, and it felt amazing, but it can't be maintained - there's only so much water and poo in the body, after all. So it's not odd at all that you've only lost a pound this week. In fact, it's excellent progress and shows that you're doing well - those first five pounds were probably mostly just water as your body stabilised, but this week's pound is fat loss.

As for Christmas - yes, you'll probably regain some weight by the scales, particularly if you eat delicious junky Christmassy foods (and you might as well, it's only once a year). But then afterwards you go back to your healthy eating and lose the water weight that Christmas has made you put on, and get an awesomely happy moment seeing the scales plummet.