UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201.7/169/140

Height: 5'7

Red face Cooking Woes

Hi everyone!

My name's Alia and I'm new to 3fc.

Since I started my journey to lose weight I have been struggling to find things to cook that are gluten and grain free. I try to buy organic 'clean' foods as much as I can but it is hard to afford on a student's budget. I live in Islington and if anyone knows a good quality organic supermarket please let me know!!

Also, about the cooking thing- I need to start meal planning and I'm not very good at cooking but as Julia Child says 'if you can read, you can cook.' so anyone with healthy delicious gluten & grain free recipes I'd absolutely love it if you could share the love

Thank you!
x
Primalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey Alia and welcome. There aren't so many of us on the UK board so you might be better off looking under the main US based boards for info. Have to admit that I don't know any gluten/grain free recipes as I'm luckily free of any intolerances or allergies.

You might also want to look on the moneysavingexpert.com forum as they have an old-style thrifty board there with a section on cooking everything from scratch etc - and those people are savvy shopping EXPERTS!! Trust me I live very well and my food bills are under £20 a week.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote