How to lose as much weight as possible in 7 weeks?

• Hi,

I have never posted here before so hi to everyone. After messing around dietwise for several years and trying lots of different diets, I am now the biggest I have been for a long time and feel awful about myself. I am starting again tomorrow and I really want to do it this time. I have just received my copy of 30 day shred and I have also joined a gym and intend to do as much exercise as possible to aid my weightloss. Although I know that slow and steady weightloss is the way to go and that it should be a lifestyle change, I am absolutely desperate to lose as much as possible during the next 7 weeks (I have an event in just under 7 weeks which it is hugely important I feel good about myself for). So any tips or suggestions would be really welcome. Also if anyone would like to share how much they have lost in that sort of time period that would be great, need some serious inspiration!

K x
  • I've been going for about 5 weeks, i've lost 18 pounds. I work out every day for a minimum of 35 minutes, I eat low carb/high protein. I make sure I get a good source of Carbohydrates and protein from every meal, all the carbs I eat come from fruits and veggies. My biggest advice to maximize your loss for the next 7 weeks is: STICK TO IT, don't cheat, don't give up, go work out, even when you don't want to!!! good luck dearie
  • In 4 weeks, I've lost 15 lbs. only form of exercise is walking, drinking only water, and eating a lot of protein and fiber.
  • Thanks for your replies, like I said I know it should be a long term thing but I have put on a lot of weight and feel terrible and this event has been sprung on me and it is so important that I feel as good as I can for it, so I'm trying to motivate myself (rather than completely despair and get down about it!) by trying to convince myself it's not too late to make a big difference so hearing other people's experiences is really helping - please keep them coming!!

K x
  • Quote: Thanks for your replies, like I said I know it should be a long term thing but I have put on a lot of weight and feel terrible and this event has been sprung on me and it is so important that I feel as good as I can for it, so I'm trying to motivate myself (rather than completely despair and get down about it!) by trying to convince myself it's not too late to make a big difference so hearing other people's experiences is really helping - please keep them coming!!

K x
    Hello Karriegem. You should have a look at the weightloss that's happening on the IP forum, on this site. It's a hard, rigid diet but works if it's followed to the T. I'm planning on starting it next week. good luck.
  • Hello, like TwoTots said, a quick and pretty safe way to lose weight is IP. It's a medically-designed very low carb diet which promotes healthy muscle mass with protein consumption and low fat. If you follow it, you will lose. How fast depends on a lot of factors. In 7 weeks, I was down 30 lbs. And it wasn't muscle for the most part, so it makes you look a lot better than starvation diets.

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck with your weight loss!