3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   SW, WW, Atkins etc. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/256500-sw-ww-atkins-etc.html)

roobear 04-08-2012 02:10 PM

SW, WW, Atkins etc.

So the title is just the three that I have tried. Just curious to know how many various plans people have tried and what did you find most successful and why? I am on slimming world, been on it for 9 weeks and its the most success I've ever had. I think weight watchers didn't work because the points in calculated on age, height and weight and being young short and at the time not a huge amount overweight I was only on 18 points a day and not eating enough. Atkins worked for a little but I was naughty and every so often the cravings would get so strong I would have a massive carb binge and have to start from scratch again. The other thing that I think helps is my OH and I, this time, are doing it together so he encourages me and keeps me on plan so I don't cheat.

DrivenByAmbition 04-08-2012 02:28 PM

I have calorie counted and am currently on Weight Watchers Points Plus program. I like it way better than momentum. I am having more success with Weight Watchers and feel I will make it to goal. Never heard of slimming world.

bargoo 04-08-2012 02:38 PM

I have been on WW, Atkins,NutriSystem,Jenny Craig, Diet Ease and probably more. I have found Calorie counting works best for me, no restricted foods, no weird food combinations, flexible and reliable and best of all Calorie Counting is free.

Elliemar 04-09-2012 06:15 AM

I think I've done every fad & diet going. For me personally the worst have been the ones where you just drink a mealn replacement shake as I end up craving food and totally obsessing and it just didn't work for me. All the point counting with Weight Watchers drove me mad and I felt like I wasn't getting enough to eat. Atkins worked great for a while....but that was just it - for a while - once I went back to normal eating the weight just went back on.

I've had the most success with Slimming World. I absolutely love it. Very little weighing anything, no point counting (apart from my syns) and there's just sooooo much to eat. Fab! Best of all, it's completely changed the way I eat and that's the most important breakthrough for me. I finally seem to have grasped healthy eating and knowing how much I can get away with. It's been a complete lifestyle change for me and with roughly 66lb lost it's definitely the most success I've ever had.

AlmostMe 04-09-2012 06:06 PM

I've never done WW or SW or anything where you have to go to meetings. But I think I've tried everything else. Cabbage soup. (vile) Atkins. (it works but it's exhausting and I can't LIVE like that forever) Calorie counting (I'd go totally mental and drive my calorie intake down and down and down), meal replacement and so on. The one thing that I felt really good about was the Paul McKenna approach. It feels liveable. I lost weight on it before but never stuck to the 90 days to change my behaviour and then got derailed. I'm on day 2 of the 90 days starting over with it again. I'm even blogging my daily check-ins. at rugbyyogi.wordpress.com

Paul tries to trick you into doing more and more exercise, but I'm doing a ton already. I've been doing Bikram for 5 weeks now. My yoga teacher said in class how much weight I'd lost - that it was incredible. You're not really supposed to talk back, so I couldn't say "Actually I've gained 2 lbs from my first class"

Elliemar 04-10-2012 06:17 AM

AlmostMe - maybe you gained 2lb (probably muscle) but I bet you've seriously toned up which is making you look much leaner!

side salad 04-23-2012 05:33 PM

slimming world has been the best thing for me so far. it's still early days but i'm managing the plan well and not hating it :-)

Elliemar 04-24-2012 06:22 AM

Sidesalad - make use of the website - loads of info, recipes etc and like a mini motivation top up during the week. Also handy for looking up syns. :)

debsarooni 04-25-2012 01:42 AM

I tryed WW but SW has also had the most success. I like to eat so being able to pile my plate with free and unlimited foods is fab. I know some of the recipes aren't brilliant - scanbran blurgh . . . but some of the recipes are just lush and you don't even feel your on a diet so days.

Elliemar 04-26-2012 09:53 AM

That's the main thing for me debs - it's totally transformed the way I cook. Everything has been tweaked SW stylie now and lots of junk just cut out totally.

Agree on scanbran but the SB cake works wonders just before wi ;)

katylil 05-05-2012 06:12 AM

When I was younger I tried WW at home which worked until I forgot to log in for a few days and then I just lost it. Also tried the Cabbage Soup for a week. It was meant to be a kick-start to healthy eating but was so disgustign I just went straight back to my normal foods!

I tried WW online but I was living in catered halls during my first year at university and there were never any real healthy choices so it was hard to follow. I did lose about 4kg on it but then my laptop busted for about a week and that derailed me.

I cut down on on starch that summer to lose my Fresher Fifteen. Stopped having potatoes with dinner, had cereal instead of toast, salads instead of sandwiches and managed to lose just under a stone. I was also working 10-8 six days a week which didn't give me much time for in between snacking.

Last year I tried Slimming World which really didn't work for me. I'm quite good at eating healthy anyway and I realised my main problem is portion control which isn't SW's strongest point.

Did a bit of Intermittent Fasting a couple of months ago which worked really well and I found easy enough to do, but when life got stressful with rehearsals and a breakup, I found it hard to keep going and piled it all back on again.

Now I'm in the middle of trying Intuitive Eating with the help of Paul McKenna's book and CD. Eating slowly, eating consciously and not being afraid to leave food on my plate are all massive issues for me so I'm hoping to get that sorted out and finally have a healthy relationship with food where I don't obsess and think about it all the time!

:)