UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #1  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default UK Chicks Challenge Chat

Hello everyone!

This is the place for all of us UK Chicks to come and make a pledge to really stick at our diets/exercise plans/lifestyle changes for the next three months and beyond, and most importantly to help each other stay on track.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...m1ibUNNYnE1Snc

Start weights for the beginning of April, but of course newbies can join up at any time, just post in the chat and I'll add you to the sheet.

Please only add your numbers to the purple squares, the white ones will (hopefully!) change themselves!

There is also a measurements tab on the sheet for anyone who wants to measure as well as weigh in

Good luck all, We can, and WILL do this

Last edited by takingcontrol; 03-31-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Thanks TC will weigh in tomorrow morning

We can do this we will all be ( a bit) slimmer for summer

xxx
Old 03-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5.6"

Can I be added please, Just joined and think is this a fab idea to give everyone motivation and support, I will get all my measurements together tomorrow afternoon

xx
Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #4  

Hi and welcome Danielle I've added you to the spreadsheet, along with Aseret123 The more the merrier to help keep each other going for the next 3 months, eeekkkk!

Added my start weight 12s 5.5 or 173.5, after having two on and off food weeks, I really want to be more on plan this week to kick start this challenge with my first big loss in ages!!!

Just about to do my measurements now.

Please remember that for the first week, when you add your start weight the formula I've put in will make some of the other numbers change and be wrong. Please just leave these as they are, and next week when we add week one weigh in figures everything will resolve itself, hopefully!

Welcome to the challenge guys, good luck!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning challengers! Off to add my starting weight which is sadly up on last week - have been trying to drink lots of water and it always makes me gain (weird) but hey - onwards and downwards.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/174/153

Height: 5ft8

Thanks tc great work on the spread sheet, I'm all weighed in for our challenge
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #7  

An hour to kill between scrubbing the house (done!) and spinning class, so rather than crack on with my ever mounting pile of uni assignments, thought I'd do an intro post on here instead, whoops!

I've taken this format from a challenge I did last year, to help us all get to know each other better

Most Recent NSV: jogging 10 minutes straight, and my increased fitness level generally is becoming a bigger motivator than numbers on the scale. Starting to enjoy shopping without panicing nothing will fit is also cool

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd absolutely love to be at target, but whether this is realistic or not I've no idea, but it's what I'm going to work towards. I think I'm not at the lowest weight I've been as an adult, so I've no idea how losing the rest of my pounds will work out!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Exercise! Making good food choices 90% of the time but being realistic, NOT giving up, keeping at it, visualising the me I want to be until I am her.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Well life really, Easter (obviously!) then I've got a Christening the week after, a wedding the week after that, then 4 weeks home alone which is went my binging comes out. So lots of challenges, but learning how to deal with these things is all part of the journey, and being in a challenge like this one helps me stay on track because I don't want to come on one week and give a bad number.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:
I've been back in the UK for almost a year now, after almost 5 years abroad teaching English in India and Thailand. I'm home until October(ish) getting an MA in English Language Teaching so I can leave again and start on a proper career ladder.... But in the meantime, I've moved back in with my parents, which is the only way I could afford to study, and even almost a year in, it's still really blooming tough! So, as you get to know me better, I apologise in advance for the moaning that is bound to happen!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #8  

Just added my details, seeing it all written down like that makes me motivated for this!

I am just going to do my weight if ok, not measurements, I know I wont keep measurements up!

Sure you will see a good loss next week TC-this challenge will keep us all focused.

Elliemar- Sure you will see a loss next week hun.

Hi Danielle, good luck with the challenge.

Will add bits about me later, baby wants a bottle and is squeaking down my ear!

xxx
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5.6"

Just added all my weight and measurements, still remaining positive

Good Luck Everyone

xx
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #10  

hello, not sure how to add my Weight! I'm 126lb (nine stone) but with a very small build, goal weigh it 116 which should be doable with will power except I keep on slipping up (gin and tonics on friday nights lead to me thinking it#s okay to buy chips on the way home, etcetera)

Age 26 (nearly 27) have a job which involves sitting at a desk most of the time which maybe doesn't help. Yesterday played rounders with some friends in meadows and didn't feel too unfit, would like to do things like this more often as well as starting running round holyrood park.

would love to do this with other people

have signed up for the 10lbs in April threat too, but not sure how realistic this is for me
Old 04-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Helen TC will add you to the spreadsheet if she hasn't already. The link is in the first post.

Following on from TC's post.....(and I'm so jealous of the teaching abroad - I spent years travelling in Asia and know India and Thailand well....)

Most Recent NSV: Buying my first item of size 12 clothing since around 1990! (We won't mention vanity sizing or the fact that it probably isn't a 12...I;m happy!)

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: To finally get to target...and stay there!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Exercise! I'm a lazy moo at heart and exercise does NOT come easy to me. I do lots of walking but really need to do strength training to tone up the flabby bits.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Easter was easy to dodge last year so not worried but have MASSES of 40th birthday do's and drinking is really my biggest downfall.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Not sure what to tell. I split up from my partner a year ago and am now finally getting back out there and dating again. I'm slightly mad, love motorbikes, football, travelling and generally being the eccentric nutter in the village where I live.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

O0o I'd love to join . I'm a UK chick too and looking for a new spreadsheet kinda challenge thing and it'd be great to do measurements as well as weight although I don't know if I'll do below and above the knee!

Most Recent NSV: I've got up to 25 minutes running continuously following a C25K plan. Also the belt on my jeans I have to do a notch tighter!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Well in my head I think "in 3 months I can totally hit my goal and lose 13lbs" but realistically no that's not going to happen. Let's go for just over half- 8lbs taking me to 135.2lbs

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Casual calorie counting, upping my exercise and protein intake and reducing my refined carbs intake!

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Well there's Easter of course... and since I have (successfully!) given up chocolate for lent it's going to be a challenge not over doing it when it's over!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a student veterinary nurse starting in September

Last edited by PaintedButterfly; 04-01-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #13  

Well this is me......

Age 30 ( will be 31 in may)

Goal for this targeto fit into some of my clothes before I was pregnant, rather than still being in maternity trousers!

Battle plan for reaching target: health eating 3 meals a day and CC when I get time ( with a 7 week old I seem to have no time for anything apart from the weekend when hubbys about to help out-I thought babies slept-Not mine!) Plus lots of walking!

Challengers:temptation to order take aways rather than cook, due to lack of sleep!!! We have a christening coming up in may. Plus my birthday and our first wedding anniversary-need to find somewhere healthy to celebrate, thinking of maybe pizza express as they do the 1/2 pizza salad thingys i think!

Not sure if its going to make any difference to my weight but i have just been put on antidepressants for PND, i have been on some before and gained, i am hoping it wont make a difference, but i guess time will tell.

xxx
Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies Elliemar you make me giggle "being the eccentric nutter in the village where I live"
Old 04-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hello everyone! Thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet TC

A little about me:

Most Recent NSV: Been off the wagon for quite a while!

Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: 205 - It's a stretch, but it'll be the first time I've weighed under 15st for 3 years!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Making better choices, in regards to food AND exercise. To recognise when I'm hungry or just boredom eating, and to exercise exercise exercise!

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Already faced the first today, a meal with my colleagues. I am pleased to report that it was mostly a success! The restaurant we went to didn't exactly offer healthy options so I just ate a very small amount. Easter! Eating after work is one big issue that I need to overcome: I tend to avoid eating at work, which then leads to a binge when I get home which is never good, especially since I often don't finish until after 9pm and I find that I have much more trouble controlling my eating during the evening than in the day.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: There isn't much to know.. I don't mind my current workplace but I'm only there for the money, my real goal is to train as an actress (I know, I'm a dreamer ) I also used to enjoy dance but then gained a lot of weight and now feel too self conscious, so when I'm back at a regular weight I would love to take lessons again. I love to read, walk, and attempt to teach myself how to play guitar! That last one isn't going so well though

Last edited by aseret123; 04-01-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Closed Thread