UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 02:38 AM   #151  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Well done Leigh-r and Carol.
I'm finally back to normal after my weekend away last week and this weekend is almost upon me. I was innundated with emails when I got back on sunday and it has taken me until today to finally catch up. Hope your weekend went well Carol, It's a shame we didn't get to meet up while I was there, we'll have to try again next time I'm up which will probably be around july - august time.
Last Friday finally arrived and I just had to have a sneaky peak at the scales...I put my usual weigh in clothes on and got weighed at exactly the same time I would on a saturday. I'm not going to say what I weighed because it can't be taken as official so watch this space tomorrow, but a small hint I went away last friday a very very happy little bunny. When I got back on sunday night I hopped on the scales again and I was still very very happy
Old 05-02-2003, 03:34 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 279.5/251/150

Height: 5'6

You're such a tease, Ali!

We'll all be waiting in front of our PCs tomorrow now!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 04:34 AM   #153  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Sits and waits eagerly for Ali to let us in on her happy bunny state.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:42 AM   #154  

Ooooh Ali...its toture, like waiting for one of those public bulletin announcements you see stuck on the gates of Buckingham Palace to tell the public of avery special happening...

Old 05-02-2003, 12:58 PM   #155  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'm finally back with the "Losers" down 3lbs this week and a mini milestone for me as i've broken into the 150's roll on the 140's

173.5/157.5/125
Old 05-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #156  

Well done Cathy! That's brilliant!

Ah - the 150s! What a distant dream! Alas I'm still much closer to the 250s! Somehow I don't think I shall be getting any closer the 150s next week the way I'm going at the moment, either! I fear I've been a bit of a !
Old 05-02-2003, 03:50 PM   #157  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thanks Shell i just took another peek at your pic's and you don't look anywhere near the weight you say you are hope that makes you feel a bit better about being a bit of a
Old 05-02-2003, 04:59 PM   #158  

Thanks Cathy - that's very kind! People usually say they don't think I'm as heavy as I actually am, which is comforting! It was very nice a couple of weeks ago when a friend who's 3 stone lighter than me was shocked to hear how much I weighed & said she would have sworn we weighed the same!! Unfortunately, it doesn't make the amount I actually need to lose any less, though!
Old 05-02-2003, 11:05 PM   #159  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh...but you must sure feel WOW..what a compliment! I'm blown away that you say you weigh that much Could your scale be out by 50lbs
Old 05-03-2003, 02:46 AM   #160  

Yeah - & the ones at Weight Watchers, too! I should warn them - all those Gold Members who think they're are target must be seriously underweight!!!!

Ali; we're waiting!!!!!!!! Should we start up the fanfare?!

Last edited by Bakewell; 05-03-2003 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:22 AM   #161  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hello girls,

Sorry to have to keep you all waiting

anyway...drum roll please ........

2 years 2 months 2 weeks 5 days since my journey started I finally reached my goal, not only that, I have passed it by 2lbs. Last week before I left for my weekend away I jumped on the scales and they said 10 stone 13lbs...I could see the numbers looking back at me but I just couldn't take it in at first. I seem to have been waiting so long to see that, and when I finally did it was almost like I was dreaming it and it took a few minutes to sink in. When the reality finally hit I was just overcome with emotion and I burst into tears. I felt a bit silly for doing that, but I am really not surprised...All through this journey people have been asking me if I was proud of myself and didn't I feel what I had done was amazing...My reply has always been I didn't want to think about it until I had reached my goal...I thought if I did start thinking about it, that somehow it might make me relax a little and give in to temptation a little more likely . Although I was sure I would reach my goal, I think it may have taken longer so I opted to keep those thoughts to the back of my mind. I had to wait until today for it to really be official and today I was even more pleased when the scales said yet another 1lb gone
The moment I saw those magical numbers on the scales I really did think about what I have achieved...I now weigh 10 stone 12lbs and I have lost a total of 202lbs...my god 14 stone 6lbs can you believe that ...I have lost more weight than I actually now weigh...I have lost an entire me and a bit more...I do think that is an amazing achievement and I am so proud of myself for finally finding the will and determination to see it through to the end.

I would just like to thank everyone from the this 3fc messageboard and all my email friends for being there with me throughout this journey...your encouragement and support has been invaluable to me...without you all I am sure I would not be here in this position today...From the bottom of my heart I thank you all so very much....
and I would hope you all know that if I can be of any help to any of you, my email address is always open. THANK YOU ALL

Ali
Old 05-03-2003, 05:36 AM   #162  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Think that lot about sums it up ALi!!!!
Congrats on reaching goal
Old 05-03-2003, 05:38 AM   #163  

Oh my God - now you've got me filling up!!!!

Be in no doubt about it - what you've achieved IS truly amazing! You are an inspiration to us all, & I am SO happy that you've finally got there! You deserve every little bit of your success, so enjoy it to the full!

It only really remains for me to say a big:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

WHEN'S THE PARTY?!!!

Old 05-03-2003, 07:58 AM   #164  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Ali, you are truly a super sllim woman. Many congratulations on reaching your goal. You are such an inspiration to me and I'm sue other people.
I feel like bursting into tears with you, cos you show me this dream of reaching goal does exsist
I feel very honoured to know you and I want to thank you for being an inspiration to me on this site.
Have a wonderful day. Sending lots of thankfulness to a special person like yourself, from NJ. You are brilliant
Old 05-04-2003, 01:00 PM   #165  
Theres no stopping me now

Well done Ali - you most definately deserve to reach your target. I am so pleased for you. I have to be honest and admit to having a tear in my eye. I am so pleased for you - I had to say it again.

Congratulations Ali

am a little bit jealous too, but need to remember if I had put in all the hard work you have I could be where I want to be too.

Well done again and don't be a stranger, we need your support just as much now as we did last month.

Closed Thread