UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #1  
Fighting the flab

S/C/G: 18.3/18.3/11 to 10 stone.

Height: 5 foot 9.

Talking I LOVE MY DIET!!!!!! Starting major fitness regime too.

I love my diet so much, im enjoying every second of it, im only on day 4 but lost 4 pounds already and I have so much energy about me.

Starting a major fitness regime too.Ordered little dumbells, hula hoop and 5 aerobics/zumba/general workout dvds,a mat,step and work out ball. MEGA EXCITED its something to do at home.FInally got babysitters for a couple of hours a day so Im going to a Zumba class tomorrow night, Spinning on tuesday morning and swimming at nights, wednesday will be a day of aerobics and hula hooping, same with thursday but at night I have my aqua fit, friday morning is pilates for two hours then an afternoon of aerobics at home.This is going to be my weekly workouts.weekend to chill but keep on my diet.

Eventually Im going to get a personal trainer in about 3 fews months. 5 1 hour sessions for 125 pounds and if you take a friend you get it half price each

Im so happy, so bright eyed and bushy tailed.xxx
willbeayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2  
I think I can...

WOW you are super excited! So nice to see. I've never heard of the Cambridge diet. What is different about it? Your initial weight loss is phenomenal. With your routine I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #3  
Fighting the flab

I am super excited basically its a liquid diet where you drink milkshakes,soups and porridges for 12 weeks and then you start to move onto more food, you get a consultant who weighs you weekly and texts or phones every few days the weight drops off you so much...literally melts away Plus with exercise and toning, especailly swimming as it gives you an all over exercise and its fun, it will move faster.

What diet are you doing?xx
Old 10-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #4  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

I'm not critisising because I know that everyones diets are each to their own, but my sister an other various people I know have done the cambridge diet and it is dangerous for your health long term(800 cals a day is not healthy!), really hard to transition back to eating normally again and everyone I know has put the weight all back on, plus some more! If you want similar results I would recommend just plain protein shakes along with actual food because the cambridge diet is bad news. This is IMO I just thought I would warn you from my experiences with it.
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #5  
Fighting the flab

Yeah dont worry if my body tells me that I need a wee bowl of pasta I will have a bowl, I will listen to what my body says.My friends is doing great so far and is eating food too we are supporting each other which helps.Hows your diet going?xx
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Apparently the Cambridge Diet involves 400 - 800 calories a day. I think this would make it fall into the category of diets not supported by 3FC as it's so dangerous. There's a good article about it here on LiveStrong. It also mentions that it's intended to be followed by people who aren't exercising; the degree of calorie restriction would be even more dangerous for people who are exercising as much as the OP. Willbeayummymummy, have you told your GP exactly what this diet involves, how many calories a day you are consuming, and how much exercise you are doing?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #7  
Fighting the flab

Hey yeah I had to get permission from my doc because my BMI is 40 and you need to do get permission. I was speaking to my consultant about exercise today and she says not to do much at all, im going to do my swimming and hula hooping, a wee bit work with dumbells on the arms but not as much as I was going to do, I will head to zumba because Im doing that as part of my social life and it apparently fun. I have done ALOT of research about the cambridge diet and after exercising my butt of and trying loads of diets etc for the past few years I never saw results until now.thanks though xxx
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Does your doctor know exactly how many calories you are on and exactly how much you are exercising?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #9  
it's always something

Would you mind telling us which version of Cambridge you are on?

From their website, Step 1 of the regular plan could contain as little as 415 calories per day for a period between 1 week and up to 12 weeks max. This is something we would not support on 3FC because it mimics eating disorders and starvation and is very dangerous. It stair-steps up from there from 810 to 1000 to 1200 to 1500 calories. The last two steps would be more desirable for any weight loss plan but the other two are often used for brief jump starts.

I'm sorry to be so nit-picky, but we've had serious issues in the past with certain diet plans so we try to be careful for all of our members now
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #10  
Fighting the flab

im taking my 3 shakes a day plus a meal and healthy snack, im not following it exactly but im seeing results I must be having around 1200-1500 calories a day and I will only be doing that for 12 weeks then adding more food etc. I wouldnt say to me its like an eating disorder as I am in control and enjoying the diet, im not unhappy either, I just need to do something about my weight to be more healthy in general, Im not doing it for anyone else but myself, im in a loving relationship, have a baby girl and a supportive and happy family .dont worry im not doing anything stupid and honestly if I crave a burger or fish and chips I wont stop myself from having something, I dont believe in cutting everything out but for the next few weeks im not having any rubbish, I want at least 3 weeks of no cheating then if I want a nice foods ill have it, im on here for support through the diet and for when i do slip up and eat my weight in macaroni cheese, I would never starve myself, i love food too much, im just drinking water too as im a fizzy juice junkie, I dont even feel hungry.My boyfriend lives with me and has told me if he thinks im not eating enough he will pull the plug xx