3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Snacks advice? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/242844-snacks-advice.html)

Savannah123 09-11-2011 06:12 PM

Snacks advice?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on low fat snacks that aren't some form of fruit. I'm allergic to most fruits and the ones I can eat make my IBS flare up (My body hates me)

I snack a lot, mainly through boredom and if I'm going to do it I'd like to eat something healthy rather than chocolate/a slab of cheese. I don't like nuts either (helpfully) so any suggestions will be welcome :)

(Apologies for my lack of imagination, I've only just decided to lose weight and know nothing about healthy food!)

HadEnough 09-11-2011 06:50 PM

do you like vegetables?

Change4Life 09-11-2011 08:02 PM

I love love love laughing cow cheese!

WannaBeLoserAgain 09-11-2011 08:44 PM

What type of weight plan have you decided on?

Think of this as a new way of life. Can you live with what you are doing to lose the weight for years and years?

The only snacking I am doing, is if I am hungry. I have to learn that I do not eat out of boredom or emotional or stress eating if I want to lose weight.

I have lost weight so many times and I really want to get it right this time. I have found that I have to get my mind in the right place in order to change my eating habits and way of life.

We are here for you on your journey to weight loss and your new way of life.

GillW23 09-12-2011 03:45 AM

Hi there,

When I was on Weight Watchers for the 100th Time.... some one suggested 'crisps' but they are made from Lasagne Sheets - Sounds Weird but really tasty and actually feels like your having that somethings that's 'bad' for you.

1) Lasagne sheets as many as you want- Break them up into bits not too small -Then Boil them up to how you usually make Pasta, wee bit of salt in a pan...

2) Get the pasta out and lay on a baking tray ( can be quite tricky remove the pasta from the pan) then sprinkle anything you want over it- usually some thicker salt granules, or paprika or whatever takes your fancy.

3) Bang in the oven until the looking crispy (Sorry cannot remember how long to cook them for)

4) Let them cool down.

5) These go Really with Home made Dips- Example Ive tried are: Low Fat Greek Yogurt (or similar) and a Small amount of Sweet chilli Dipping Sauce mixed together yum!

Hope this helps.. does kinda of feel like your having a real crisp minus all the badness...

Gill x

GillW23 09-12-2011 05:16 AM

One more I have just remembered (Kind of)

Its like fake Ferrero Rocher- am Sure its just Nutella and Crushed up Rhyvita biscuits- all mixed up together then make them into wee balls and then put in then fridge or if you cant wait just eat... Been a few years since ive made them but as I can recall they were beautiful!!

Enjoy xx

HadEnough 09-13-2011 10:43 AM

What are Rhyvita biscuits?

GillW23 09-13-2011 10:48 AM

Hey I didnt mean rhyvita biscuits just the normal rhyvita things....And just noticed spelt it wrong aswell it's ryvita....http://www.ryvita.co.uk/

canadianwoman 09-13-2011 11:27 AM

A boiled egg makes a nice snack once in a while.

Cut up veggies and hummus

Cottage cheese

A cold chicken drumstick.

Plain yogurt with a few nuts.

lissvarna 09-13-2011 01:14 PM

for me: string cheese, almonds, banana chips, kashi bars, light ice cream sandwiches, hummus & veggies... Always looking for new snack ideas, to switch it up so they don't get old.

runningfromfat 09-13-2011 01:20 PM

Green peppers cut up and dipped in cottage cheese
Jalepeno poppers (cooked jalepenos+cream cheese, google for a good recipe)
Baby carrots
Cheese and whole wheat crackers (but don't go nuts on the crackers)

when it comes to nuts... is it just the nuts or nut butter too? Because if not you could always make some sort of protein bars

Black bean salad

Yogurt+flaxseed+? (is there any fruit at all that you could eat with it?).

April Snow 09-13-2011 03:03 PM

roasted veggies are a great snack - they are so delicious! I can eat an entire eggplant (aubergine) when it's roasted. lol!

MissJael 09-14-2011 04:45 PM

My usual snacks are

Special K bars or Alpen light bar
Velvet Crunch crisps (could not have lost weight without these!) 83kcal
WW mini ice cream lollies (like a mini magnum, covered in chocolate!) 95 kcal
WW yogurts 47kcal each
A couple of slices of ham

Saracandoit 09-14-2011 09:04 PM

Cool whip and jello! It's more like a dessert but I feel like I'm treating myself when I have a cup.
Hummus and carrot sticks: Costco (not sure if you have them) has great big tubs of hummus that is so yummy.
Apples and coolwhip.

WannaBeLoserAgain 09-14-2011 11:10 PM

I have found a recipe for cold bean salad. On ww, it is basically 1 point for 1/4 cup and it is filling.

Also, popsicles (single) also has low points.