UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/177/143

Height: 5'8

Question Essex Girls

Hi. Anyone from Essex out there??? I'm going to slimming world - but hit a bit of a plateau at the moment, which isn't good with 3 st still to lose.

Last edited by Scottiechick; 06-28-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Scottiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 238/182/129

Height: 5ft 0in

Hello
Im in Essex, am not currently with any weightloss program and have gained a stone in 4 weeks!

I was going the cookyourselfthin diet online but seemed to hit a brick wall. Am now looking for a kick up the arse for my weight loss, i still have a long way to go
katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #3  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

I am! Im calorie counting, but had a baad June

i went to slimming world for a little while last year, did really well on it (for a whole 3 weeks) but too much organisation involved and thats not me!

Last edited by Blondie160; 06-29-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

I am an essex girl but moved out to surrey so home sick! they are not like us in surrey if you get what i mean.

If you are having a plateau try cutting carbs right back for a week then a week off, my brother-in-law is a food scientist he suggested it to me and it works, also cutting down on processed foods i have been following a diet i found on the side adds from this site and its all about liver function and how unprocessed food makes your insulin levels rise i thought i was a load of **** but i gave it a go and the weight is coming off AND my skin is amazing now, shocking how food can affect you.
Hope this helps

Marie xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #5  

Hi Marie...
for all the Essex Girl jokes, I think we are some of the friendliest around, and we don't take ourselves too seriously...in a nice way. I try cutting carbs back, but my cravings usually revolve around bread, and I can pull back for a couple of days, then I make up for it all in one go, especially fresh granary....lovely from our local bakers. i don't each much processed food, but what's the diet you've that explains about your liver? I have problems with scarring on the liver due to a problem with my immune system, and haven't found much out there too help.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #6  

Hi Blondie,good luck with the calorie counting, I can nver stick with that, I've tried a few times. Tried ww too, but failed to stick to the points. I like SW, especially the Extra easy plan, did they have that when you tried, it's like green and red all rolled into one. I think I've just got a little lazy, unfocused, and I'm easily persuaded by my OH to buy what I shouldn;t have in the house.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #7  

Hi Katty, you've done really well so far, must be hard with 2 little ones at home though, I don't have that excuse. My daughter is 13 now, and most of the time tells me off if she catches me eating what I shouldn't.

If you fancy supporting each other, can I email you?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hi scottie
Your so right about the people in essex, as for the essex girl jokes we just know how to have a good time! i miss it so much, i live on the surrey stockbroker belt so its all middle class and stuck up, they hear my accent and dont want to know, i just laugh I am true to myself and if that means keeping my rough accent I am.

I will try and track down the site where i found the liver function details, i havent looked at it for a while, i got it of this site though on one of the ads. I read all they had and watched the video, now i am just following the princables no processed food or refined sugar i (well husband) is making everything fro scratch so i know exactly what is going in it. did you know there was sugar in bread? im only doing this during the week as i like to relax at the weekends after a long week at work so i am not losing weight as fast as i like but we all need some kind of life hey.

Cutting carbs is a nightmare for me to my husband is itailian and does all the cooking so lots of pasta and rice but he is getting better now and doing more salads i just skip the side of pasta even though its **** saying no.

Good luck i hope you find something that works for you honey. I will send on a link to the site once i have tracked it down
Take care Marie xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiechick View Post
Hi Katty, you've done really well so far, must be hard with 2 little ones at home though, I don't have that excuse. My daughter is 13 now, and most of the time tells me off if she catches me eating what I shouldn't.

If you fancy supporting each other, can I email you?
You sure can!

Give me a min to work out how to send a pm and i'll send you my email addy x
Old 07-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #10  

nope cant work it out! lol you can pm me x
Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #11  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiechick View Post
Hi Blondie,good luck with the calorie counting, I can nver stick with that, I've tried a few times. Tried ww too, but failed to stick to the points. I like SW, especially the Extra easy plan, did they have that when you tried, it's like green and red all rolled into one. I think I've just got a little lazy, unfocused, and I'm easily persuaded by my OH to buy what I shouldn;t have in the house.
Yeah they had the extra easy plan but ive always found i lose the most weight when i stick with either protein or carb and not mix them in a meal so i always stuck with the red days! I know what you mean about being easily persuaded, my boyfriend only has to whisper 'the harvester' and im already in my car ready to hit the salad cart bread rolls!!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote