UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #1  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Default me again, trying to sneak back into forum

fell off the wagon, but back now, have gained some of the weight i lost but not all thankfully. having a really hard time emotionally just now and could use some support and something good to focus on, and i really dont want to be this weight anymore.
hope all are well xx
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well the most important thing is that you're back and you're ready to try. I wouldn't worry too much about losing your way, it happens to the best of us! You just have to find a method of weight loss that works for you, and by works I mean so you don't feel like you're a slave to the programme!

I know emotional problems can cause bad habits like laziness and indulging in comfort food, but I think that if you stay focused and strong any efforts you retain in losing weight during troubled times will make you feel so much better. I know that laziness and junk food only makes me feel worse about myself, whereas if I am able to stay on target then my life problems will seem better if that makes sense!

Looking at your signature I see you've got a 52 lb goal for your holiday to Greece, that's a perfect target! A pound a week is very doable, just think about that bikini body! What do you do to lose weight?

But again, welcome back, we're here to support you! Just pick yourself up, brush off the dust and keep heading towards that goal =).
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 AM   #3  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

thank you Riestrella i really appreciate it
im a calorie counter, and i do moderate exercise (walking mostly). i basically do what i can stick to. what do you do?
to be fully blunt, this is the suckiest time i have had in 6 years. i feel worse now than i did when everything first went wrong 6 months ago (my ex walked out). but i have to admit, yes i am already imagining my holiday pics if i reach my goal and that cheers me up haha xx
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

You're very welcome! I know we all need some support once in a while.

I'm an exerciser, I naturally don't eat too much food - I can live off 3 meals a day easily. But obviously when I eat and don't exercise (with someone of my body type that is) I gain weight. I gained my weight because of holidays to America and stress/emotional snacking with the combination of not exercising. So while I can quite easily cut out junk food from my life, I find it very difficult to keep on top of exercise to lose the damage it's done!

But yesterday I entered myself into a 10k race. I've been running on and off for 4 years, and when I was running 3 times a week I lost a lot of weight. But then I stopped and put it all back on =/ LE SIGH!

Back on topic though! I think my 10k race is a perfect goal to keep with the training. I don't want to be in a public place with other runners failing do I? No! So I'm going to stick to my training programme and lose some pounds in the process =). So really push that holiday to Greece as your target!

I'm sorry you're not feeling great right now, I know that life can throw you some awful canon balls that completely throw you off course. I went through a major psychological breakdown a couple of years ago, and I still feel shock waves it's caused to my subconscious, so believe me when I say I know how hard it is to motivate yourself during a troubling time. But the fact that you're here posting on a weight loss forum counts for something, so let it give you the strength and motivation and give yourself a goal to achieve so you can feel great about something in your life even if there are problems in other areas!

Might I suggest you give yourself a workout plan with your walking? I know there's a 5k walking programme if you're interested. I think weight loss is improved dramatically with exercise, and the endorphins that are released are better than over eating to feel happy!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote