3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello from lots of fat chicks in England 17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/23225-hello-lots-fat-chicks-england-17-a.html)

Smiling Sal 01-01-2003 10:05 AM

Hello from lots of fat chicks in England 17

Thought I'd start a new thread for 2003 - the last one has been running for ever.

Smiling Sal 01-01-2003 10:13 AM

I had a ball last night, I hope everyone else had a great time doing whatever you wanted.

My friends came over at the back of 10 and left just before 5 this morning, we drank loads, danced around, chatted, sang and generally enjoyed ourselves.

Drank too much, ate too much rubbish but hey it was good fun and it doesn't happen every day of the week. As we were dancing it was hot in the house and we opened a window, was freezing this afternoon, we didn't get up until 2:15. The boys are out of bed, but they aren't really awake, they are laying on the couch watching a video under their quilts, looking oh so cute.

But here's to the year when I am going to lose at least 3 stone. Today is a nothing eating day, the gammon is gently roasting and the potatoes will soon be joining it, at least we're not having traditional steak pie with all that pastry

Tonight I will be planning my eating for the next few days and organise a shopping list. I am going to wow you with my losses over the next few weeks, hope I don't live to regret thoses words.

Speak to you all later, need to get my butt in gear

leigh-r 01-01-2003 10:14 AM

Ty Sal. A new thread for a New Year is a good idea.

BritinNJ 01-01-2003 10:28 AM

Happy New Year everyone.
Carol, your night sounds like it was wonderful :) Hope everyone's else was as wll. Mine was great although yep, too much food, and malibu's and pineapple went down well too. I AM STARTING TODAY! I have loads of low fat food in the house, I am back to work tomorrow and I can do this.
BPB, so glad to hear your man is on the mend. Enjoy your junk today, you do deserve it after your past week.
Later tater's.

cat90 01-01-2003 01:57 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR GALS! Carol you sound amazingly bright after a night on the tiles :lol: so..do you keep the boy's up too? you :s:
:devil: i wondered how you pulled it off..i was imagining you half dead today with the boy's bouncing around you :lol:

Mine was a non-event i did'nt even have a beer..that's a first :lol: but at least i have'nt a hangover today and i did'nt need the extra calories anyway :D today will be the last day of eating anything i want and you know what i don't want :lol: i probably will tomorrow :dizzy:

veggie 01-01-2003 02:48 PM

It all looks different round ere :D :dizzy: I got up at 2.15 :devil: and havent been out of the house :D :cool: :p Im watching Pollyanna Im a bit worried she cant walk :( ;)

cat90 01-01-2003 03:12 PM

I've been looking at the "mugshot" thread :lol: i've got a couple of old one's of me (2yrs old) will post them..then..when i get the courage up i'll take some fresh one's..totally unflattering one's with everything hangin' out then when i start to lose i'll see the diff like i did last year :D

Smiling Sal 01-01-2003 03:34 PM

Haven't look at the pictures yet Cathy, but I seem to remember one of you in the bath from TPAAT.

I must scan a couple of pictures in when I go back to work.

The boys were up until 5 too, they could have kept going longer with their pals, it was the adults who were wilting.

Smiling Sal 01-02-2003 05:15 AM

Today is the day I get my life back to normal. Normal mealtimes and bedtimes and healthy food - no more junk and definately no more alcohol - for a few days anyway.

Wish the office was open tomorrow and I could go back to work. Hate this long holiday we have in Scotland, after the New Year. Everywhere is still shut today with even the supermarkets on short hours, so we can all drink ourselves stupid again today - WELL NOT ME !!!!!!

Need to attempt to tidy the boys rooms after all they pals were in the other night. Will get a shower first though and some breakfast, at the table, with Steven. No more eating on our laps. Sean is still sleeping, am going to let him lie, he has had far too many late nights. This afternoon though I am going to drag him somewhere where he can use up a bit energy, goodness only knows where in this weather, but I'l find somewhere.

Time to get serious

cat90 01-02-2003 12:42 PM

Lost my ooomph today..it was pouring down last night and the gutter was overflowing onto the deck below..really loud..so i listened to that until 3am when the rain eased off..i'm so :tired: this morning :yawn: i hope a good hot shower take's care of that.

Congratulations Leigh-R on losing 3lbs over the holidays..you clever girl :D

Got to drag myself to the mall today for groceries so hopefully i'll make some good choices..i'll definitely avoid the candy aisle :eek:

teel 01-02-2003 12:58 PM

Gosh, Sal, you certainly know how to party!!You don't need to join thousands of others in Edinburgh...sounds like you had a super time right there!!Hope you are all recovering, by the way?

I stayed in but went to friends for lunch yesterday which was great. In the evening I restored the lounge to it's former state...sorry, could not put up with the clutter and mess any longer... and watched Billy Elliot on the beeb. I have seen it before but it was worrth watching again.
Must make an appointment with my dietician in the next few days. I think things are ok. I have not done too badly but ruined everything today and lost the plot by eating a 100g choc 'n nut bar that someone had bought me. I am a lot better if there is no naughty food in the house, so I plan to give the Christmas pudding and the dark chocolate biscuits to my neighbour.The goodies are all part of a food hamper I received for Christmas.....

Errr, please excuse ignorance but SmilingSal, what is "TPAAT"? re the photo thread.???

cat90 01-02-2003 02:19 PM

Teel...TPAAT..is ten pounds at a time..we used to have our own thread on here but it got canned due to the lack of posting's..we are now on the miscellaneous board and we have a group on yahoo where we post pic's of ourselves (if we want to :( )

Smiling Sal 01-02-2003 05:01 PM

I de-christmased the house today, just got to the stage where I had to get back to some semblance of normality. I watched Billy Elliot last night, hadn't seen it before and cried most of the way through.

Been at my SIL's today, she is due her second baby on the 11th, we only popped up for a short visit, 6 hours later we sent out for pizza. Ended up having to go and pick it up as there was an hour and a half delivery time on it. Didn't do too bad, had half a pizza and some pakora, wedges, dip, chicken nuggets, etc. Besides all that though, have only had my frosties this morning. So have not done to bad on my first, back on program day.

Tomorrow will be better, I will manage to count points for the whole day. Am going to count my points for the whole week again starting at 6pm Friday night. It worked last time I did it, so I know that if I stick to it again and count everything then it will work again. Will count everything I eat over the weekend and then divvy up the remaining points for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow I am tidying up 2 cupboards, the coat one in the hall and the one in my room. A lot of clutter will be ready to go into the loft by the time Ray comes back from work. he will not part with his beloved Land rover magazines, even though they have not been read since we moved into this house 8.5 years ago. Men !!!

tupperware queen 01-02-2003 05:38 PM

I managed to stay on track today, hurray!! I had 6 squares of fruit and nut and 4 boiled sweets but managed to call it a day. Let's hope for a good day tomorrow , I would like to get through the weekend without alcohol if that is manageable.
The shock of the scales on Saturday should see to that!!
I am ready to see the back of the xmas decs, will make a start tomorrow night then blitz the house on Saturday. I have a few cupboards need sorting so remind me of that when my fingers keep reaching for the goodies and I need to occupy myself to keep the greedy demons away.

BritinNJ 01-02-2003 10:11 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am on track OH YEAH!!! I have been counting points since yesterday and I even finished off a bar of fruit and nut with a friend over a cuppa tonight and it fitted in with my points so I am well chuffed. I am doing really good on the water intake as well. I am proud of me.
ER is a repeat tonight but I thinkI'll watch it and drag the trampoline out and bounce for a bit, as one of my aims with this weight loss business is to get back into this excersie business. I used to get up an hour earlier last year when I was on track and puff my way through Tae-bo, but I think if I do either that or bouce ( and I bounce all over with this bod) I will do better, cos I don't like getting up at the best of times at six in the morning, so five is even more horendous!
Anyhoo, I hope you all have a great day tomorrow, I am back at work now, although this is a very short week of only two days...today was the first, I think it helps, cos the mind, body and mouth are occupied :)
We have winter weather warnings for the next few days so if we get a good snowfall, I'll burn calories too, by walking thorough snow and maybe shovelling it too.
Later tater's.

Smiling Sal 01-03-2003 05:42 AM

Morning, got the munches during the night and raided the biscuit tin.

Whatever the boys don't eat today are going in the bin before bedtime tonight, the biscuit tin is too easy to binge from while I am half asleep.

tupperware queen 01-03-2003 05:42 AM

Well i got over the first day ok, it's just the rest of the year I have to worry about now :lol: We need to get some shopping in either today or tomorrow, mind you I think i could live on Oatso simple for at least a week without getting fed up of it. I really need to get my packed lunches organised, I am not too keen on sandwiches (more of a between meals kind of snack!!) for lunch, will have to make up some salads etc, if anyone has any ideas i would be happy to hear about them.
I am going to de christmas the house tonight and tomorrow and get out my rebounder, I may even have a jump around on it!!

teel 01-03-2003 08:34 AM

Happy Friday to us!!!
Oh it is so wet out... so I will post instead!
Getting to the tidy house stage again...well the lounge is done but the kitchen & dining area needs a sorting.
Must tackle the ironing bits before the few items multiply ten-fold!!!
Oh thank you for the abbreviation translation, cat90.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.Time to get those brollies out!!

:lol: :rain: :rain: :rain: :drill: :drill: :drill: :grouphug:

tupperware queen 01-03-2003 10:52 AM

Have just been to a local country park to do the recycling, have a walk and feed the bread/cake/ mince pies/popcorn(!)/to thegeese/ducks etc and the fruit and nut mix to the squirrels. Have to confess to eating about 4 brazils on the hunt for squirrels though:s: . It is absolutely freezing out there, need to get some gloves for Harry but can't face going into town with cold wind/rain battering my raging ear.
Thats my exercise and good deed done for the day anyway. So far so good with the diet, almost tea time, mmmm what shall I have and what can i do to lose at least 7lb b4 tomorrows ww class :stress: :headache: :judge: :crossed:

BritinNJ 01-03-2003 07:25 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brazils.one of my favourites :devil: :ink: :chockiss:

cat90 01-04-2003 12:10 AM

Hi Ladies :wave: weighed in this morning on 2 different scales :( so i don't know what i weigh :lol: it's somewhere between 165 and 169.5lbs..i'm going with 169.5lbs because i'm only going to be bothered about the ten's..i.e. 160's..150's..140's. My scales don't seem interested in 2's...i can lose 2 one day and gain 2 the next :lol: Although i have'nt started exercising again i am doing better with my eating :D i've even been able to stare a packet of chocolate hob-nobs in the face and not partake :lol:

tupperware queen 01-04-2003 12:16 PM

Hello All, well spent the day cleaning the house and getting rid of every last trace of Christmas. There are still a couple of boxes of chocs lurking but they are NOT going to be eaten by me. harry has a big plastic box full of choc/sweets in the fridge and they will be the biggest temptation, I asked him to count them much to DH's disgust cos he cant pinch any now either.
Dave is cooking the tea on our new George Foreman lean mean grilling machine, any one else got one? Any tips for good meal ideas?? We are having stir fry veg with Chicken he has cooked on it , smells lovely, will report back later to tell you what it tastes like.Bye for now
TQ

cat90 01-04-2003 12:36 PM

TQ...i have'nt got a GF but i've got another brand..it works on the same principal..the fat drips off..ewww :p i love making bacon on it and showing hubby all the fat that is in the drip tray :lol: and saying "you could have eaten that" :lol: not that he's bothered..if he ever gain's any weight it's just a little around his belly and it never sticks because he works so hard :mad: i've had special k for brekky..have'nt decided what's on the menu for the rest of the day.

Smiling Sal 01-04-2003 02:02 PM

I have had the most wonderful day.

We got up the sun was shining and todays DIY and tidying tasks were shelved, as we climbed in the car and headed north. First stop was Calendar, was very sunny and everything was frozen, we fed the ducks and had a stroll besides the river and the boys played in the park, then on to a loch, where again in the sunshine we threw stones in the water and broke ice, followed by a hike up hill, breaking more ice and enjoyed many spectacular views, which would be hidden from sight in summer, due to foilage on the trees.

Then off for a snack in the pub and then a drive and a walk around the bottom of the munros. Was a lovely day, but bitterly cold, when we were talking to a woman at a farm on our last walk, it was -2 (celcius). But it was a fantastic day.

Sorry to sound a bit like the Scottish Tourist Board, but I would reccommend visiting on a sunny crisp January day rather than the middle of summer, it may have been cold today, but at least it wasn't raining and muddy

Eating has been alright so far, although Ray has just gone out for pizza and there is a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge for later to wind up this very relaxing day

Wish every Saturday could be this good

Off to come back down to reality - some time

BritinNJ 01-04-2003 02:02 PM

Hi ladies, well done on weighing in Cathy. I will have my first weigh in on Weds.
TQ, I have a GF grill and we use it a lot. I love chicken cooked on it, it always comes out so tender. ALso fish is lovely done on it too. I did try, let me think, yes corgettes...and um, yellow veggie but can't think what it's called, cut into strips and on there for about five minutes, and it was very yummy.
I am being a slob today, not got dressed yet and am watching Eastender's cos I think it's the Christmas special one.....that Phill Mitchell is such a horror!
I have been cleaning and doing several loads of laundry though, so not a slobby lazy day!
Right am off to have another drink of water and then a cuppa...
have agreat weekend everyone.

BritinNJ 01-04-2003 02:05 PM

Carol, your day sounds lovely, and with all the walking you've done, I reckon your exercise programme is going great :)

tupperware queen 01-04-2003 02:06 PM

Best Chicken I have ever tasted!! Oh I love my grill!! We decided to get one because MIL has the baby one and we had tasted food done on hers and were impressed, we bought a bigger one and that was because we bought a new cooker before Christmas and though I am thrilled with the ovens, burners etc the grill is crap and as I don't fry anything I felt the need for one!!
I am trying hard to keep on track but feel very hungry today, sure its just a TOM thing cos I cannot possibly be hungry after all the stir fry veg I ate.

Smiling Sal 01-04-2003 02:51 PM

Forgot to mention that I have promised to take Sean, up a mountain, Schiehallion (1083m / 3547 ft), this year.

How mad am I, and how much do I wish I would think before I spoke.

So I have to get this butt into shape and some serious training as from tomorrow morning.

cat90 01-04-2003 02:58 PM

Carol..your day sounds wonderful..i'm sat in on my own..it's raining outside and i'm still in my dressing gown :( but..i have'nt eaten like a pig today :lol:

TQ..the best thing about them is they are so easy to clean :D talking about them made me think about a magazine that i buy over here called Woman's World..it feature's a 'diet' every week. I just dug out an issue and it feature's a lot of women who have lost weight just by using the grill :eek: one lost 95lbs! even Barbara Streisand has one (according to the mag..not me :lol: ) and she love's it that much that she sent her compliments to George himself :) I'm starting to feel a bit peckish now so i think i'll throw a chicken breast on mine now. :wave:

teel 01-04-2003 03:32 PM

:) Hello....we had snow this afternoon in Suffolk, but there was not enough at that point to lay or anything unsociable like that!!
I was interested to read all about everyone's George Foremans..I have often seen them advertised on the shopping channels and wondered if they are really as good as they make out!!;)

SmilingSal, you sound like you have had a great day and got rid of some of the holiday cobwebs.Is the Schiehallion in the Cairngorm range?Good luck with your mountaineering training!!!:drill:
TQ, I do hope your ear starts to get better soon.
And WELL DONE to cat90...choccie hob nobs are a BIG temptation....
:T :T :T :tape: !!!Bye all sleep well later!

tupperware queen 01-04-2003 04:23 PM

Carol, your day sounded grand, so does the pizza and wine;) I am just about to have an options hot choc, but keep thinking about the opened bottle of Baileys in the cupboard :s:

Thanks for your tips about the GF grill, veggies sound lovely, we had some huge beef tomatoes and they were yummy.

I think I will be in bed early at this rate, keep thinking about food and drink!!:dizzy:

BritinNJ 01-04-2003 05:46 PM

TQ, I love your slogan under your pansy.....it's brill luv.

tupperware queen 01-05-2003 06:27 AM

I wish i knew how to change the avatar!! New look for a new year. talking of New looks , I have one! my ear is about 3 times the normal size now. Started taking the antibiotics ion Friday but steadily getting worse, turning into ear infection from **** mark 2. I can't blame the swimming pool this time though.
Hope you are all having a good weekend TQ

Smiling Sal 01-05-2003 06:46 AM

Tq - click on profile at the bottom of your post, then choose user cp and edit options from the menu. Had to hunt a round for it a bit, but it is still there.

It is really cold here this morning, no snow, am so jealous Teel, I would love just a little bit, but think it is far too cold for it.

Am going to have an on points day today. I have to get serious again, else I will end up even bigger come the summer instead of a nice slim line shape.

tupperware queen 01-05-2003 06:59 AM

OMG!! I actually did it!!

tupperware queen 01-05-2003 07:02 AM

Thanks Carol!! wow I cannot believe I managed it, might be able to post photos , though no doubt I will be too big ha ha !!

teel 01-05-2003 07:07 AM

oooh spooky!!!
I just wrote with instructions to TQ about how to change her avatar, and submitted.....and crashed!! Now I am back I see three of us were probably trying to post at the same time and I got lost in the ensuing mayhem!!
Anyway well done TQ 'cos you did it all yourself anyway, clever clever clogs!
All the snow has gone for now, SmilingSal, but my mother on the phone from 60 miles away on the East Anglian coast was in the middle of a blizzard this morning....she was most put out to hear I had "wall to wall blue sky" at that point in time although that too has gone and it is grey and freezing cold now.:(

tupperware queen 01-05-2003 07:11 AM

We have the brilliant blue sky but very very cold. All yesterdays snow has gone but we had the sparkly frost this morning which made everything look clean and crisp outside.

Smiling Sal 01-05-2003 08:40 AM

We have beautiful blue skies and glorious sunshine, looks lovely from my livingroom window.

Is not so nice when you get out, took Ray nearly 30 minutes to scrape his car earlier, haven't tried mine yet ........

tupperware queen 01-05-2003 08:46 AM

Yes Dave has just been to the shops and it took a while to get rid of the ice on the windscreen. I have just had prawnie (fake prawns) salad for lunch and discovered I cannot taste a thing, funny but it didnt put me off eating!! I now want to see if there is anything I can taste!! Dave did srambled egg and sausage for himself and H, the sausages looked fantastic and I wanted to eat them...............need to kerb it a bit I think. My appetite has increased somewhat over the festive period and I need to suppress it :)