3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello from lots of fat chicks in England 17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/23225-hello-lots-fat-chicks-england-17-a.html)

Peacock 02-04-2003 04:33 PM

Err.. not a good thing to do....think of the calories! Plus you wouldn't be able to post on this site again!

BritinNJ 02-04-2003 05:12 PM

Brrrr, it's getting cold here again, my body wants to stock up, I am starving. Still, am going to be good and eat healthily, but might treat myself later on with saved points on a packet of walkers, yes walkers cheese and onion crisps my lovely Mum has sent......oh how I love her :)
Hope you are all doing well, Carol, well done on being a chocolate angel today, all back on trach and stuff. Have you found thumper yet?

cat90 02-05-2003 11:41 AM

Took my measurements this morning :) Bust -1" Waist -2" Abdomen -2" Hips -1" Thighs -1" :D I'm sitting here with a ceramic heater under my desk waiting for the sun to come up :( if it does'nt arrive soon i'll have to light the woodstove...brrrr. We don't have any snow there was a little frosting on the lawn but thats melted now..its just that i'm soft because i'm used to mild temperatures now :lol:

BritinNJ 02-05-2003 11:45 AM

I took my measurements on the first this month, I figured I'd measure every month. Lost one inch from boobs and hips but gained one on my waist....I look pregnant! But I'm NOT!!! LOL! I wonder how I did that gain...need to exercise more me thinks.

teel 02-05-2003 01:10 PM

Hello all who visiteth herein!
I am sorry in advance that this is going to be a bit of a miserable post...but things seem to be going from bad to worse and worserer here just now.The good thing is that my new mobile phone arrived in the arms of a city-link courier on Monday..3 days late from the first delivery date but a day earlier than the arranged second date!!!:lol::rolleyes: It is minute and very cute..the bad things rather overwhelm the good just now. The car failed its m.o.t.test and has to have some work done, I have seen my g.p. again and cried again, and he has changed my pain-killers again and he thinks he will ask my psychiatrist to see me before my next due visit in April...but worse than all of the above is the knowledge as of yesterday that my friend's husband has pharyngeal/tonsil carcinoma.He now has an m.r.i. scan tomorrow and a biopsy under general anaesthetic booked for next Tuesday. I don't know what to say that will be of any help. I don't live near enough to just "pop round"....they have gone through so much in their married life, losing their 20year old son to an asthma attack, the wife being just about crippled by arthritis and their daughter currently working through divorce procedings.And now C......going to have to go through this awful disease which will probably bring his life to an end.

Why do some people seem to have to suffer loads and loads and others seemingly get through life illness/trauma free...does anyone out there know??

tupperware queen 02-05-2003 02:46 PM

Teel talk , talk and listen, listen to her, make sure your ear is always open. You are a good friend and I am sure they know that!!

BritinNJ 02-06-2003 11:08 PM

Hi girls,
It's snowing here. Apparently we're in for a good dumping on. Between five and eight inches by tomorrow. I'm hoping for a snow day>>>>does a little snow dance<<<<<<
Hope everyone has a great day, I'm off to do dishes and have a cuppa before bed.

Posy 02-07-2003 02:36 AM

Yay...our snow has all gone. That should mean a normal 15 minute journey into work instead of the 2 hour one it has become over the past couple of days :)

I went out for a meal last night with my sister for her birthday. We invited a load of the mums along whos kids we look after during the day and it turned into a really good night. I stuck well within my calorie allowance and only used 506 calories on having a chicken and bacon salad. It had actually been removed from their menu, but the chef said he would be happy to make it for me and even weighed the chicken and bacon so that I knew exactly how many calories I was eating, which I thought was very nice of him. We have never been to that particular restaurant before, but for how nice and helpful they were, I will certainly be going back again :)
I also bought some penguin wing dings...I have never seen them before, but they are little penguin shaped chocolate covered biscuits, about 13 of them in a packet and only 144 calories for a full packet...I had them with my chocolate drink at bedtime instead of my usual chocolate biscuit and very nice they were too...they lasted a lot longer than the biscuit normally does as well..mmmm...very yummy :)

Well time for work.
Have a great weekend everyone

Ali :wave:

Smiling Sal 02-07-2003 08:03 AM

Hello everybody. Have a horrible stressed week, but am getting over it now.

Teel I am thinking of your friend, as TQ says, just be there for them, they know you are

Have had a good week eating wise, here's hoping I can keep it up through the weekend. I really want to see a loss on Monday night.

We found Thumper (the amazing escaping hamster) under the bath on Wednesday night, what gave him away were the tiny little footprints in the bath, the poor mite had obviously beein glooking for a drink.

He is now safely back in his cage, but hatign every minute of it.

BritinNJ 02-07-2003 10:07 AM

It's still snowing, we have eight inches of the stuff as of now 10.05 a.m and it's still coming down. I'm about to go for a walk in it, so that should burn off some calories me thinks.
Have a good day all.

Peacock 02-07-2003 01:46 PM

Smiling Sal - "Thumper?" for a hamster? (lol!).

That reminds me. One of our old hamsters (speedy gonzalez I think he of the lovely silky coat) went missing when my Dad used to take him out at night. He was eventually found when my Dad thought to go down the cellar (this was hardly used except to store apples which we forgot about). Anyway Speedy G found them (hic!). He was certainly drunk on cidery apples but didn't try to fight my Dad or throw up on him. He went quietly to his cage and slept it off!!!

Our cat (Topsy - rip) also hide under the floorboards when we had the rising damp sorted out. I would have thought she would have avoided the chemicals as it stank! However, a cat's curiosity does get the better of it!

Smiling Sal 02-08-2003 03:32 AM

The hamster is called thumper as he "thumps" his ball off the wall when he is out for a roll. He is still in the huff with us for putting him back in his cage.

I have been so good (so far) this week it has been amazing. I haven't been feeling very well but I haven't been exactly ill if that makes any sense. It has been more like I have been fighting some bug, I've been tired, had headaches and been very lethagic. When I got in from work last night I went straight to bed and slept for 3 hours, not like me. Sean has a tummy bug and is feeling under the weather, I am beginning to wonder weather my body has been fighting the same bug all week.

Have no great plans for today, apart from the fact that I am going to tidy and clean this house, need to tackle that ironing pile as well, I don't iron much but it has been building up over the last week or so. Also want to make some soup, need to look out a recipe.

Am hoping to go to the pictures tonight, but have no babysitter and now Sean isn't feeling too great am not sure I can go. Gran would babysit if I ask her, will need to see if Sean brightens up, at the moment he is milking it for everything and lying on the couch watching a video.

Am going to try and do some aerobics later, depends again on the cleaning and what the boys are up to, it is definately not a spectator sport.

Smiling Sal 02-08-2003 09:12 AM

Have just made the singapore soup in the WW february book (sorry to everyone not doing WW). Soup was lovely, had to add extra water to thin it down a bit, will definately make it again.

Would definately recommend it

Smiling Sal 02-09-2003 03:40 AM

Hey I actually went out last night, have been trying to get a night out for weeks, but things have conspired against me, mainly Ray working and then me not feeling well due to troublesome boil and infection. But last night we went out. Not to the pictures as originally planned, will get to see the gangs of new york eventually. We went to the local beefeater,ate well, had chicken pakora with the sauce on the side with salad followed by apple crumble, not quite so good. Then had a bucketful of vodka.

Never mind today is another day.

teel 02-09-2003 01:00 PM

Poor old Thumper!!!I bet he is reliving every moment of his "life in the big tub" !:lol: Afriend of mine had one that used to hang on the cage bars by his teeth!!!I can't remember what he was called though. Shall have to ask.I think it was one of the gladiators:strong: :strong:

I have been soooo tired over the last couple of days I have not had the energy or the inclination to get on to the site....sorry for my imitations of a sloth...:yawn: :sp: I don't know whether it is the new painkillers that have knocked me off me feet or the culmination of all the stress, pain and depression and exhaustion of the last few weeks that has gaught up with me and knocked me on the head....:devil:
But I am so glad to read all your news, Posy, penguin wing dings sound right up my street!!!

Hello to TQ, the still missing Delaney, BritinNJ, cat90, Peacock and everyone else who might lurk in from time to time...

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: