UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #1  

Default Hello I'm new from the UK too

Hi, I'm Ruth and I'm 43. I have to date lost 24lbs doing Weight Watchers, and HCG, shush don't tell anyone, lol. But I am finding HCG too hard to stick to and so today I start just simple calorie counting around 1200 to start and I will see if I lose if not I will adjust that figure, I think I may put on first as coming off the HCG drops but I'm hoping not too much.

I'm hoping to get support and in time offer others advice. I currently weigh 11 stone 4 lb but I'm only 5ft 1 inch tall. My goal weight is between 8 and 8.5 stone. I'm off on holiday to Majorca in 6 weeks time and I'm desperate to lose at least another 12lbs by then which I think is possible, the trouble is I crave all things sweet all the time, any advice what to do about it?

Have a nice weekend,
Ruth
ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #2  
Skinny Girl In Disguise

S/C/G: 226/212/146

Height: 5ft 4''

hi i'm pretty new to this site too, but its really keeping me motivated. 12lbs is definately possible. well done for losing 24lbs thats 4 pounds off 2 stone, you deserve a for that! I'm not sure what HCG is but if its a quick fix its probably best left alone, good old fashioned calorie counting and exercise should do it. thats what i'm sticking with. not only can you do it from home but its FREE! like you i crave sugar, especially mid afternoon and evening time after dinner. the best advice i can give for that is don't deprive yourself. i try to save my sweet treats for evening time and try to avoid the mid afternoon cravings by distraction. there are loads of low calorie sweet treats out there and i mean with real sugar and fruit not the fake stuff. one example i did the other night was cooked a pear and an apple in a little sugar and water mashed it up and put it with a little pot of low fat yogurt. it filled my craving with out over doing the calories. meringue nests are also good, broken up with fruit and yogurt and honey, yum yum!! hope this helps

Last edited by skinniminni; 04-16-2011 at 06:51 PM.
skinniminni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hi ladies, what I do is much on sugar free jelly it only has 3cal's in it, it's cheap and it kills sweet/sugar cravings.

Good luck Ruth I am sure you can drop the 12lb for your holiday
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Welcome Ruth, welcome to the site, hard being a short thing isn't it!!!! I'm five feet tall
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #5  

Hi, thank you all for welcoming me to the forum. I will be checking in often as I'm hoping it will keep me motivated.

I didn't have such a good day yesterday, I ate really healthy meals but lots of sweet treats in between. I know let myself down big time. I stayed the same weight this morning so if I hadn't eaten that stuff I probably would have lost today, (maybe). I have two children, the eldest is 14 and she is OK with sweet stuff it's the little one who is 3 that I buy it for. That's bad isn't it as I should be teaching her the right way of eating now and not later, but she is so strong willed and demanding and sometimes I just give in and buy it for her. I usually make the eldest hide the babies treats, (kit kats) in her room so I can't find them to eat.

Thanks for your suggestions for sweet treats. What diets are you all following, or have followed? How are you all doing with them.

Ruth

Last edited by ruth; 04-17-2011 at 01:07 AM.
ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #6  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

hi ruth, welcome!
marie- i do the sugar free jelly thing too, i sometimes put fruit in it aswell just to make it a bit more interesting
ruth- like you i am calorie counting. sticking between 1400/1800 a day. i'm a bit of a 'grazer', i dont really eat big meals, which can be awkward for calorie counting, but its working so far and i dont feel hungry or deprived.
good luck!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #7  

Default Can anyone suggest the quick ways of getting into ketosis?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site. Can anyone give some tips of getting into ketosis faster?
It normaly takes me up to 5 days which i find frustrating.
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #8  

Default hey

Best of luck everyone, hope weight flies off

What is HCG??

I wouldn't recommend ketosis to anyone..

I've had a terrible day.. eat lots of healthy stuff, got up at 6.30 am to exercise (Davina 30 mins with weights) but then came home and almost inhaled a large packet of corn chips.. I eat lots during the day too as was hungry as a bit stressed at work and tired from exercising maybe.

I have had to leave the dinner I cooked for tomorrow's lunch as I am up to 1900 kcal.

Apparently as a 5 ft 8 person with 12 stone weight (168 lb) My kcal aim after exercise is 1200?!?! This seems really rather low to me.

I made my kcal (including extras for exercise) the last 2 days so I guess it balances out over the week - I hope so anyway. Apparently its better to vary kcal per day as the body gets confused and so keeps away from starvation mood and saving fat.

I will try that jelly tip, thats a great one as its a proper after dinner desert and low cal.
Does anyone know a good vegetarian jelly without many calories in it?

How do you stop yourself eating ALL THE TIME. I had 3 pieces of extra fruit today as I was so energy depleted.

I am tracking all my kcal and exercise on foodfocus.co.uk for free. Its good but takes a while to type in all your favourite foods. I guess it will soon be quicker.

I can't wait to be thin again and to lose my big fat belly! I'm fedup of being offered seats on the Tube because I must look pregnant. Its hard to keep going when it takes so long. After this week of lots of exercise, concentration and eating pristinely I will be at most 2lb down I should think. Weight loss is a toughy!

Rose
Rosieposy8 is offline   Reply With Quote