UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #1  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Default Not so Naughty November

I know, I'm bad, very bad. I leave for weeks and then come back and have the nerve to set up a month's thread! BUT...

... I need all the help I can get!

So, I'm setting this up a day early so we can alll have a think. I don't want to set silly goals and miss them all. I want to set doable goals. So expect to see me come back and edit this over the next 24 hours Sorry, this may end up being quite long!

Weight
Short-term Weight Goal: 6lbs by the end of November
Mid-term Weight Goal: -15lbs to get into Onderland Jan 16th 2011 - that includes an extra week for the holiday extras!
Long-term Weight Goal: 10st 6lb by my 46th birthday (September next year) @ 1.5lb/per week.

Exercise
Short-term Exercise Goal: Go to the gym once, punch bag once and belly dancing twice by the end of this week.
Mid-term Exercise Goal: Settle into 30 minutes 5 days a week. Gym, stretch, bag, stretch, gym - by Christmas
Long-term Exercise Goal: Make that an hour a day, 5 days a week - by Easter 2011

Food
Goal 1: Eat breakfast every day: porridge with apple and cinnamon
Goal 2: Healthy lunches every day: try making those Innocent lunch pot things!
Goal 3: GL everything!

Stef 6lbs (209) and 600 minutes and GL every meal (start a GL thread perhaps)
Fractal 8lbs (202.5), 10000 steps a day, toning tables x 3, bands x 4 per week. Welcome in. If you get bored with the bands let me know, I teach classes with them!
Blodwen 238 and just waiting for the pain to lessen and the bruises to fade
lalblue 4lbs (164), 20 mins treadmill and 10 mins hula: just one week at a time
Cat90 sulking, will join in when she's finished

Last edited by stef; 11-06-2010 at 10:44 AM.
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Jumping on the wagon:

Weight
Short-term Weight Goal: 8 lbs by the end of November
Mid-term Weight Goal: -sustain weight loss rate of 2 pounds a week
Long-term Weight Goal: get back to target, no matter how long it takes

Exercise
Short-term Exercise Goal: Treadmill every day (10 000 steps a day minimum; it is doable but I lack persistence without accountability; now how pathetic is that...); toning tables 3 times a week at least; resistance bands 4 times a week
Mid-term Exercise Goal: Get into my swimsuit and add swimming instead of toning tables
Long-term Exercise Goal: 12 000 steps a day, swimming

Food
Goal 1: (Re)learn to drink enough water;
Goal 2: Cut down caffeine;
Goal 3: Keep diary updated!

Good luck, everyone!

SW: 211.4

Last edited by fractal; 11-01-2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: added info
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254.5/233.6.0/168

Height: 5'11

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend. That's a great idea to have put your goals on here Stef, I'll have to have a think and get back to you on those!

Cat- well done on the loss! Hope you enjoyed your halloween party and it dind't do too much damage
Stef- Well done on only gaining a pound, that's great!
Fractal- Hi! Good to see what your goals are, and you're doing brilliantly by the look of it - keep us updated with how you get on.

My back is feeling a bit better now, thanks for asking. The chiropractor was brill and did a lot ot help with the pain, even if he did leave me battered and bruised (didn't realise it'd be so brutal!) It's a long term injury though and will need a few treatments and continuous care on my part. Am seeing him again tomorrow so will ask him if I can go back to the gym and which exercises I can do

Hope you all have a good week!

ETA: After a week on track and a couple of intensive gym days (before the back pain started) I have lost what I put on over the past couple of weeks so am back to exactly what I was 2 weeks ago. I didn't change my tracker but it's right again now anyway, lol!

Last edited by Blodwen; 11-01-2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Addition at end
Blodwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/168/119

Height: 4ft11

Can I join please?
fab goals there Stef & Fractal. I'd just like to start and take it one week at a time at the moment.

Week 1 major goal - make it through wk 1 with no cheating
Week 1 weight goal - Lose 4lbs (first week so fingers crossed )
Week 1 exercise goal - walk 20min everyday on treadmill (1 mile at least a day) 10 mins hula

If i can make it through week 1 i'll set some better goals

Last edited by lalblue; 11-01-2010 at 11:59 AM.
lalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #5  

Thanks, Blodwen! Hope your back problem is solved soon; play safe, above all - when I got myself a knee problem (cos was silly and srained beyond what I knew I should so entirely my fault!), it threw me back for several months, and I managed to put almost 20 pounds on top!

Welcome, lalblue, yep, the right attitude is 1 day at a time; it will get you where you need to be.

The day so far has been good - sticking to plan; might have to miss my weigh (work)
Will hop on the treadmill and the power vibe later. I am down almost 2 pounds, but it is water weight from TOM's retention.

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

What the *uck I turn my back for ten minutes and you do all this on me heehee. OMG i'm so glad to see that more of you are back
Is that Stef a witch cuz I couldn't get anyone interested ok not in the mood to read the 'rules and regulations' so I'll check back later
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Maintained this week lucky I suppose with all the fun size kit kats and what not that I keep nibbling on
fractal, what is a power vibe? is it the same as a power plate? a whole body vibration machine. I have one and keep trying to spend 10 minutes on it every night but I still don't find the time
Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #8  

Cat, the power vibe machine is much less powerful than powerplate - and much cheaper! Well, you do get only what you pay for, but I use it for stretching and intensifying whatever exercises I do on it - like, I stand on it while doing resistance bands or ropes, and it is much harder than doing them on their own; so yes, it does help. I don't think one would lose weight simply by jiggling on top of the vibe or plate but it does seem to help toning; however, to melt all the fat diet is necessary. And it is such fun!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #9  
Just one bite at a time

Week 1

I didn't lose a thing! But nor did I gain And I managed 90 minutes of exercise!

This week I must get breakfast sorted: one of them, every morning would be good! I have the porridge, I like the porridge, why don't I eat the porridge??

Anyone else out there? Or has my witchiness worn off

Stef 6lbs (209) and 90 (600) minutes and GL every meal (start a GL thread perhaps)
Fractal 8lbs (202.5), 10000 steps a day, toning tables x 3, bands x 4 per week. Welcome in. If you get bored with the bands let me know, I teach classes with them!
Blodwen 238 and just waiting for the pain to lessen and the bruises to fade
Blodwen 10lbs by Christmas, gym once a week, more fruit and veg, less coffee. Good luck!
Yossarianlives 7lbs, 1000kcals of exercise per week (I like the deficit idea, I may steal it), 1200kcals per day and no cheating!

Last edited by stef; 11-14-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 254.5/233.6.0/168

Height: 5'11

Hello all

Hope you all had a good weekend. SO pleased the weather held out (it is horrible today) as went to see my nieces and nephews yesterday and took some fireworks, would have been disappointed if it had rained. Am pleased with myself as we had tea there but I mentioned in advance that I was dieting and I was sensible with what I had, even avoiding the toffee cheesecake and biscuits later (apart from the half-teaspoon of OH's cake but don't think that made any difference ). Anyway, weigh in today says I've lost 4.4lbs - better update my tracker! Still haven't done any real exercise but chiro says I can after I see her on Weds so will go back to the gym then.

Sooooo, goals. Ok, here goes:

Weight:
Short term- 10lbs by Christmas (taking into account various celebrations on the run up!)- would be great if I got to 220 though
Mid term- Be small enough to confidently look at wedding dresses by Easter (around size 16, whatever weight that may be)
Long term- 168 by mid-August 2011

Exercise:
Short term - gym once a week until my back feels good enough to increase it
Mid term- gym 3 times a week, every week
Long term- keep the gym going beyond weight loss to improve general fitness

Food:
Keep up veggie intake
Replace more snacks with fruit
Drink more water and less coffee

Right, I should do some work- have a great week ladies, and keep us updated!
Blodwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I've been away for ever, but I'm committed! My Gran died in Sept and that was a really rough time, and I gained about 6lbs back. But I caught it, and my Gran would be very proud at me catching it before it turned into a much bigger number, but I'm here now! I'm moving to NZ on the 3rd of Jan, and the pressure is on to fit into size 12 trousers! Argh!

Weight
Short-term Weight Goal: -7lbs by end of November
Mid-term Weight Goal: -16lbs by 03/01/2011! When I leave for New Zealand I'd love to be 160 for going but I don't think so...
Long-term Weight Goal: 145lbs by my 23rd Birthday--24/06/2011

Exercise
Short-term Exercise Goal: 1000cal deficit at the gym, 4 days a week.
Mid-term Exercise Goal: Work into 5 days a week.
Long-term Exercise Goal: Working walking and jogging outside into the workout, as I will have no money for gym in NZ. Creating a workout that I can do anywhere, anytime.

Food
Goal 1: Stick to around 1200 cals for the day
Goal 2: Stop raiding the vending machines at work--I do not need Snickers bars for my breaks! Arg!
Goal 3: Cutting Coca Cola!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #12  
Just one bite at a time

Week 2

I have no idea what is going on! Still no loss, not much exercise either. I spent at least 4 hours standing on the edge of a rugby pitch, cheering them on though

I really must start the eating thing! I'll wander off and look again at my blog, perhaps the embarrassment of sharing my lack of control will help

Right - this week I will eat breakfast every morning and I will exercise!!!!

Stef 6lbs (209) and 120 (600) minutes and GL every meal (start a GL thread perhaps)
Blodwen 10lbs by Christmas, gym once a week, more fruit and veg, less coffee. Good luck!
Yossarianlives 7lbs, 1000kcals of exercise per week (I like the deficit idea, I may steal it), 1200kcals per day and no cheating! Good luck!

How are you ladies doing??

Last edited by stef; 11-14-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

Grrrr just wrote my post then my computer crashed so back to square one
Cat90-sulking love it more like trying to fix my laptop. After buying a new battery and adaptor that didn't fix it I took the thing apart yesterday well half of it then figured i'll never get this back together so put it back together plugged it in and got the power led working thought to myself things are looking up left it on all night then found today that it is not charging my battery so I can use it with the power cord connected but not with the battery in as i'll get a low battery warning and an annoying beep so its the DC power jack that's the problem which I can fix if I didn't have to totally disasemble the laptop don't think I want to take it in anywhere as they'll probably charge me a fortune even though i'm going to tell them what the problem is anyway diet and exercise..what's that? hehehe i've been terrible not bothering at all glad to hear that you are doing much better
Blodwen, awesome weightloss WTG
Stef, can't figure that one out but stick with it
Old 12-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

OOoooh what a feeble bunch we are don't know about the rest of you but i've thrown in the towel until the new year just can't do this at christmas. We haven't even got a DECEMBER thread happening
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas see you in the New Year I hope
Old 12-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #15  
Just one bite at a time

Feeble doesn't begin to describe how I feel!

Add my towel to yours please, Cathy.

Have a good time and I'll read you in the New Year!