UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default the new bird

hello, im new to this site and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyones messages. just thought id come and introduce myself. i am a mother of 2 girls, married and fat!! all at the age ofv 22!! i have been big practically all my life and am now desperate for a change. im 5ft9 and weigh in at 13 stone. big downfall in dieting, is pasties and sausage rolls!! i just cant get enough of them!!! anyway, keep up all the good work and hope to hear from somebody soon.

welshbird
Old 09-11-2002, 11:08 AM   #2  

Welcome welshbird! Did someone say pasties yum
Old 09-11-2002, 03:23 PM   #3  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

welcome welshbird, nice to meet ya. Hope to see yu posting with us mad ot regular like
Chris.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:00 PM   #4  

pasties, yummmmmiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!! nice to meet you and ill be posting as often as i can! talk to you soon!
welshbird. usa aye. wots it like over there? alot better than rainy old somerset i bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 05:26 PM   #5  
Slow and steady

Wots it like here in NJ? It's ok, although I do get terribly homesick for good ol Blighty.
No pasties here though although I have been told about a Scottish butcher who is about a forty-five minute drive away from me here who makes a mean Scottith pie?
I absolutely adore the South of England, well I absolutely adore all of it if the truth be known....and I love pasties.......ooooooo yum!
It's not raining here today although we did have a three day spell of torrential rain last week. Today here it is really windy, which is nice to get the washing dry, although all the people out at Ground Zero are getting rather buffeted about. I would just like to add that my thoughts are with everyone today on this first anniversary here of the Sept 11th attack. It's rather a weepy day.
Keep healthy, happy and safe.
Chris.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:05 AM   #6  

hi britinNj
nice to hear from you. how come your all the way over ther? are you originally from britain then? i suppose south of england is ok. very scenic!! but very boring. im origanally from south wales but live in somerset because my husband is in the navy and his job is here. i miss home too. raining aye. i thought it was always nice weather! its been the opposite down here, its been quite warm and sunny. its about time really cos it was a horrible and RAINY SUMMER!!! a bit late in coming tho. neway nice to meet you. hope to talk to you soon.

emma
Old 09-12-2002, 04:53 AM   #7  
Post acholic!

Emma,

Welcome aboard!! this is a great place for support, join right in with us!
Old 09-12-2002, 06:12 PM   #8  

thankyou toryah. what an unusual name. very nice tho. thankyou for the warm welcome to everybody. i plan to join in cos i am addicted toi this forum. and your rite it is a great place for support, it kinda gives you that extra oomph. when your dieting it always feels so lonely, but not in this place. thanks again

welshbird
Old 09-12-2002, 08:59 PM   #9  
Slow and steady

Hi Emma, to answer your questions, I am originally from England, I grew up in Suffolk. I married a USAF man and we are now stationed back in the States after he managed to stay over inn England for 12 years of his AF career. We have been in NJ for nearly two years now, before this we were in Arizona for five. We plan on moving back to AZ when he retires from the military.
It's quite nice for us at the mo though as his family all live around the NJ Philadelphia area, cos that's where he grew up, so we get to see a bit of family for a few years.
SO where abouts have you been stationed with a hubby in the Navy? Have you been a military spouse long? Kids? Pets? Or should I read your profile so you don't have to answer...LOL!
Ok I have to go and load the old dishwasher....the kids have conviniently disappeared.....talk to ya later..have a good day !
Chris.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:51 AM   #10  

hi britinnj.

the hubby is posted in yeovil in somerset, dont know if you know it. **** be posted up to peterborough in 2 years, up north which im quite gutted about cos we are nearer his parents who live near chesire and further away from mine who live in wales!! it must be nice living by family, although mine is a 2 hour drive away i dont get to see them that often and i really miss them sometimes. wot bout your family?

i have 2 girls. one whos 4 and starts school next monday, aah bliss!! and 1 whos 1 next month. thier names are kaylee and mia. im hoping for a little boy in the future but my hubby has his put his foot firmly down and it aint budging!! as for pets i have a boarder collie dog named wills. hes my hubbys dog really cos i dont really like dogs!!!!

i have been a military spouse for nearly 2 years. me and hubby were school sweethearts. aaahh, aint that sweet!!! we havnt been together since school, we were together in school for yonks then when we left and lost contact. we met up again about 3 years later, got together and got married. (have i bored or confused you yet?!) i already had my first daughter when we met up, so shes not his, but he treats her brilliantly and like she is his own. neway, sorry to bore you, wot bout you, tell me bout yourself, fmily, kids, work etc.....

welshbird

ps. i thought it was husbands that conveniently disappesr when theres things to be done!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:04 PM   #11  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello Welshbird, my husband and kids all conveniently disappear when anything needs doing.

Peterboroughs not too far north to be station, a friend of mine is married to a guy in the RAF and that posting to Cyprus she dreams off hasn't come through yet but they have spent 2 years on Benbecula and he was given extra leave so they could go shopping for food in Aberdeen, think they had to take a boat and it took several house to get to the main land. She was over the moon he was posted to Grimsby after that !!!!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 06:16 PM   #12  

hi carol.

im in my own way quite looking forward to the move. a change of scenery andall that. its just further away from my family than im used to. ill just have to getused to it, wont i. at least i wont have to get a boat to do the shopping. god, howd she cope. it sounds awful. i may be bein thick here but where is benbicula??

i think every1 dreams of livin across the waters dont they! itll never happen to us tho cos he is only uk based, unless he goes on ship of course, then the lucky bugger gets to see part of the world!! maybe when he retires! long time away yet!
what bout you? what you do? any kids? job? hubby etc etc. keep on writing. nice to hear from you.

welshbird
Closed Thread