3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Anyone on the Dukan diet out there? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/156356-anyone-dukan-diet-out-there.html)

fractal 11-14-2008 01:03 PM

Anyone on the Dukan diet out there?

Hello, ladies! I am a newbie to this forum (but alas not to slimming!). Is there anyone here who is on the Dukan diet?
I have been in the UK since June (Bulgarian originally) and could gratefully use tips and advise on shopping - it is quite a challenge to maintain this diet on a tight budget!
Nice to meet you, and what a great forum! Off to reading your stories. :)

cat90 11-16-2008 03:52 PM

I've never heard of the Dukan diet :dunno: You're doing great looking at you stats :cheer: yes this is a great forum :D

katyp 01-11-2009 12:53 PM

There is a website out their in the www but I am too much off a newbie to post links lol.
I just googled dukandiet....

I am sure you already know this address but just i case, there is a blog on here too!

K x

fractal 01-22-2009 08:32 PM

Hello, ladies! Thanks for stopping by!
Cat90 - thanks for the kind words! I am afraid I am too new a user to post links or photos, but I will try to add my album later when I am allowed.
Katy - I was actually looking for other dukan slimmers, to share experiences, compare notes etc :)

fractal 04-27-2010 08:40 AM

On Dukan again (or still)

And in Hampshire (New Forest).
Anyone out there struggling to get into shape by summer? :)

RayStar 04-27-2010 01:51 PM

This plan seems to be a difficult one to follow from what I read.

sotypical 04-27-2010 02:19 PM

Funny, I had never heard about this diet until I got the email in the inbox today - http://caloriecount.about.com/dukan-...tm_term=image1

Best of luck! Too strict for me.

diamondpony 05-04-2010 05:23 AM

I think the Dukan diet has only just been released in the UK so there probably aren't many people on it yet. I first heard about it a few weeks ago on the Daily Mail. I don't think I can post links yet because I'm new to the forum but if you visit the Daily Mail website and do a search for 'dukan diet' there were 3 articles that pretty much summed up the whole diet (you could do it just based on the info given).

I think it looks good but I'm not sure about eating nothing but protein on certain days (not a big fan of chicken, fish or egg whites which could pose a problem). Might order a copy off Amazon to check it properly.

slimmingsi 05-04-2010 11:51 AM

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/ i'm not a newbie :D

chouchoubou 05-11-2010 02:26 PM

I'm on the DUKAN DIET

I know this post is old, but If there are any other chicks doing Dukan Regime in 2010...I'm here! I'm on week 3, PL this week.

fractal 05-12-2010 03:50 PM

Hi, all :)

Thanks for your replies!

The UK site is still under construction, they are collecting email addresses and the services will be announced probably when the book is officially launched.

I did get the book from Amazon (it arrived today), read the articles in the Mail, and read (and wrote a bit) on his facebook page. Will read the book diligently, as upon really really perfunctory review I came upon revisions of his ideas which contradict (or, shall we put it more tactfully, develop) what he had previously wrote in his French books and expressed in interviews.

My first impression is that the UK/English version of the book offers a much more relaxed regime, compared to the original. The results will be necessarily slower but, on the other hand, people might feel less tempted to stray. Actually, not sure of the latter...

Chouchou, am really happy to find a slimming buddy on Dukan! :)

chouchoubou 05-12-2010 04:09 PM

Finally an english version? Great!!

I'm with you!! I am struggling this week with my 81.6kg....desperately want to be 80 and under!

Belease 05-13-2010 10:00 AM

If you guys are having trouble finding protein on a low budget, check out Sainsburys and Tescos, both of which do giant packs of 15 eggs for about £2.50 - free range. Obviously you can buy caged hen eggs a lot cheaper. And check the freezer sections for frozen meat as sometimes they do good deals - I've picked up multiple packs of frozen chicken breasts and salmon steaks for half price from time to time.

Maisie Daisy 05-16-2010 06:05 AM

Hi. Started the Dukan yesterday and pleased to report that so far it's been easy. Found the book really motivating and he explained the science in a way that really made sense. Low carb diets have a bad press at times but this one encourages a slow return to sensible ratios of the food groups. Good luck to all on this diet and others too!

username854 05-19-2010 11:03 AM

Ive never heard about that diet.