UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #16  
Gym'll fix it!!

oooooh you teeny tiny thing you I remember being your size hopefully i'll get down there again but I don't want to get that small i'll be happy around 9 stones now
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #17  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

well i was 115.7 on Friday morning....
theres 4 weeks Thursday til xmas morning....
i think its achievable....
my 8s are certainly getting more comfortable and i am starting to feel really good!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:04 AM   #18  
banned

serioulsy this time no target for me, since the birth of my child i have been worrying to much about the weight, but my hubby is insisting that i look great with that little extra fat (i know he is concerned, but he doesnt want me to be too harsh on myself)..so the next target will start in the new year. you can say i am on alittle break right now!
flaminjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I think that for Christmas, I would like to be around the 12 stone mark (168lbs). So that's about 10lbs to go in four and a half weeks. If I stay on track, I should be able to manage to lose around 2lbs a week. I reached a weight plateau at my current weight which I've been for for around a year, and I've just broken it for the first time. I hope that the great feeling I got from breaking through that plateau keeps me on track!

Good luck with your goals everyone, hope you manage to meet your targets for Christmas!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #20  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinycities View Post
I think that for Christmas, I would like to be around the 12 stone mark (168lbs). So that's about 10lbs to go in four and a half weeks. If I stay on track, I should be able to manage to lose around 2lbs a week. I reached a weight plateau at my current weight which I've been for for around a year, and I've just broken it for the first time. I hope that the great feeling I got from breaking through that plateau keeps me on track!

Good luck with your goals everyone, hope you manage to meet your targets for Christmas!
well, it is generally (i am not speaking about you, plzz dont mind) in this festive times, it has been alaways difficult for me to keep a tab on the health
flaminjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I agree, it is always really difficult, especially when people offer you delicious Christmas food!

For me, part of it is that I've not seen my family since August. When I go home for Christmas, I know they'd be so happy for me and really proud if I'd lost some weight. They've been really supportive in the past about it, and they've been so caring about my health and well-being. In particular, I know it would make my dad feel really happy, so that really makes me want to try extra hard. Obviously, I'm primarily doing it for me rather than them, but knowing I'm doing something my family will be glad about is a really big motivator. Hopefully it'll help me try and resist at least some of the festive treats!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

tinycities, I also find that my family's approbation is a big motivator for me. Certainly more than my boyfriend, who takes a bit too literally the advice that you should always claim to be happy with your partner's current weight, and so basically never comments on my weight loss (unless I ask him to!).

At least it sounds like neither of our families are likely to nag us to go on and have another mince pie.

Mentioning festive treats has reminded me of something I was thinking of in relation to Xmas (and more generally). I would love to know how many treats "normal weight" women have. I can manage eating no treat foods (for a while), or indeed eating lots and lots, but how many is a sensible amount? Do people who've always been slim just have one mince pie? Or do they just not feel hungry when they've had enough? I hope I get to self-regulate like that one day...
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #23  
Little Miss Random

4 weeks today to the date....
are you on track girls?....
i shud reach 112 by next friday (i hope!)....
Old 11-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #24  
:)

S/C/G: 165/163/145

Height: 5'7

I would like to be at 153lbs, but i dont see that happening any time soon! 158lbs would be nice?
Showjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #25  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

i will be happy at 205 by christmas day! so thats just 8 pounds to go
!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #26  
Little Miss Random

im 113.1lb....
1.1lb to go for me til maintenanace!....
Old 11-29-2008, 06:08 AM   #27  
Buzzy little bee

S/C/G: 203/174/153

Height: 5ft 6

It's 26 days away and being totally opitmistic, I am hoping to lose 14 lbs for Christmas day.

Good luck everybody. x x
DeliciousBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

I hope to drop seven pounds between then and now to take me to 220 lbs. Best of luck everyone, don't let all the Christmas lunches and parties ruin your good intentions! I am planning to treat myself and enjoy the season without doing my usual - that is, going overboard and eating as if there was no tomorrow!

I'm also going to nicely ask family and friends NOT to buy me chocolates as a Christmas present - always been my downfall! Out of sight, out of mind, I hope!
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #29  
Little Miss Random

if i get purchased chocolate they are going to go straight into a drawer....
and be locked in there....
i *know* dealing with all the sweets in the house is going to be bad enuf....
i expect to put on weight....