UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Grrrrr!

Just reading through old posts. Nothing has changed and i mean nothing. I haven't lost any weight, if anything i've gained. Thing is half of me wants to lose weight and the other half really can't be bothered. The good half says 'why don't you go for a walk or do some exercise' and the bad side says 'nah, too much like hard work' and the bad side always wins. Its my birthday tomorrow and i'm off on a dance weekender so hopefully will get quite a bit of exercise this weekend, but it won't make me any more inclined to exercise when i get back i already dance once sometimes twice a week and that isn't enough to lose any weight. Grrrrrr! Just a rant really, anyone else feeling a bit useless and grr?

Last edited by roobear; 11-06-2008 at 06:59 PM.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #2  

And now on another forum someone neg repped me with the comment you're fug which i assume is an abbreviation for fugly. How to make down person feel worse in one easy step. I can't believe i'm crying over something so little but it has really upset me.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Baby steps. Go out for a 10 minute walk or do a 10 minute rep of small exercises to get into a routine. Add 5 minutes every week while your endurance increases and it becomes a habit.

My walk to and from work is 20 minutes. I've been doing it for 2 months, and now I don't mind walking just about anywhere!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

First, Miss Fugly can go fug herself.

Second, start keeping a journal of all the good food and exercise choices you *do* make. All of 'em, big or small. Leave out the less good ones for now. Pretty soon you'll see that you're not failing. You're doing some things right. Then you'll have the motivation to do more. Love yourself healthy, because heaven knows trying to hate yourself healthy doesn't work. Plus it hurts someone who really matters. You.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Belated Happy Birthday roobear I hope you had and are having a wonderful birthday weekend. Yeh forget that other "person" that called you a fug (whatever the **** that is ) you've got all of us what more could a girl need ? I think you may need to speak to your other half though because negative name calling just does not work in fact it drives me straight to the Cadbury's Keep checking in and we'll take it one day at a time
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:44 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

People make hurtful comments wen they are insecure about themselves....
its a known fact....
i know its hard to do but ignore it....
the choice of a healthier lifestyle is only one u can make....
its got to be made for yourself and nobody else....
the journy is all yours....
just remember its the little bits that add up....
as Tesco's say - every little helps....

good luck, we will be here for you if you need support....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #7  

I'm really not doing well at the moment, i return from a great weekend with nasty cold, spending the day in my pyjamas. But though i physically don't feel well, thanks to all of you i feel better about myself mentally.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Take care of your cold. Every one should spend a day in PJs once in a while!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote