3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Curves? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/150652-curves.html)

Riot Rose 09-02-2008 10:48 AM

Curves?

Well that's me another week past, yet STILL no weight lost. Not even a single lb.

This is my last attempt at bothering to lose weight because I'm so fed up and frustrated it's starting to take over my life and I'm becoming quite depressed about it all. What's the point in trying when you don't succeed at anything?

So I've joined curves now. I had my first session yesterday and will be going every day. This will be on top of my 3 mile daily walks combined with my strict diet and Xenecal, and HOPEFULLY I will be able to lose something over then next month . Even just a couple of lbs would be amazing.

So has anyone else here been to curves? what did you think? Did you notice a result? I've joined for a year...I used to go to the gym but since they stopped the creche (TWICE! :mad:) at both of the ones I went to I never quite got my full year out of it. They don't have a creche at this one but they allow your children to go.:carrot:

BritinNJ 09-02-2008 11:32 AM

HI Riot Rose,

You'll see some inch loss and weight loss by going to Curves. Well done you for joining. What you have to remember when you work out, is to work the machines as hard as you can, so you get the lovely whooshing sound as they are hydrolics, not weights. If you've joined a 'Smart' curves, just go for the green.

I've been a member for years, have seen significant changes to my body, well being and fitness, and up until recently, used to be a circuit trainer as well. :)

The most important thing as well, is to have fun there, with a 30 minute workout, it goes by fast and if you can smile, have the odd laugh and sweat, you'll be losing in no time. Good luck :hug:

Here we go again 09-02-2008 12:24 PM

I joined Curves in July. I started losing weight in June. I changed my eating habits and lost roughly 19 lbs in a month but then stopped. For the month of July I lost 7 1/2 inches from Curves alone and watching what I eat.

I can tell a huge difference in my body and I'm excited about going. I did Curves for a couple of months last year and lost inches as well, but now that I'm doing the Smart at Curves I can tell a huge difference. I burn typically 575 cal for 30 min session.

BritinNJ 09-02-2008 01:32 PM

Isn't the 'Smart' wonderful herewegoagain? I started my routine there when it was installed in April, talk about a workout and the reading at the end showing what cals you've burnt are so exciting.

Wahoooooo to you for being 'smart' :hug:

cat90 09-02-2008 05:21 PM

What you on about Chris :?: the 'Smart" herewegoagain :dizzy: :lol: you've lost me :dunno: tell me all about it please :D