UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #1  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Struggling to get back on plan....

Not sure if I want hugs or advice or a swift kick up the jacksie....

For the last 3 days I've been, not bingeing, but eating consistently more points a day (about 10, so an extra 500 cals est)

I cannot get back into it and I would love to, first of all, be back to where I was in my avatar (16lbs away) and secondly further on to target.

I'm in the final 2 weeks of study for my degree and I've taken time off work to get everything done. I'm mega stressed and I am using food as a comfort and a distraction from studying.

I'm meant to go to WW tomorrow, but I KNOW I've put on. Last week was my first week and I lost 1/2lb. Not much but at least it was in the right direction.

Gah! I'm NOT hungry but I want to eat all the time......

Lou

Last edited by x louise x; 08-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Advice: Go to the meeting. You can even ask them not to tell you what you've gained this week. You don't have to look at the scale, but go to the meeting. The WW meeting has been more helpful to me my gaining weeks than any week that I've lost. Start skipping meetings and weigh-ins... and well, it's a slippery slope.

Pick whichever one of those you need
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

You know what. Imagine this...you lost every week and never slip ever again in your life.

Does that sound realistic? No.. life isnt smooth, and its not going to be easy the whole way through. But you know what? That doesnt mean you can't do it. If you grab hold of this reign and get your bum back into gear RIGHT now, in a stressful hard time, then you can do it any time. Seriously, what are you waiting for? Only you can do it hun, but you need to forgive yourself for some off plan days and go forward.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

It happens to the best of us sometimes.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:22 AM   #5  
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

Advice: Go to the meeting. You can even ask them not to tell you what you've gained this week. You don't have to look at the scale, but go to the meeting. The WW meeting has been more helpful to me my gaining weeks than any week that I've lost. Start skipping meetings and weigh-ins... and well, it's a slippery slope.

Pick whichever one of those you need
Thanks. I'm going to class. I don't want to but the last line in your message scared me! It IS a slippery slope when you start skipping meetings.

Lou
Old 08-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #6  
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
You know what. Imagine this...you lost every week and never slip ever again in your life.
That was laugh out loud funny and made me realise that I am a drama queen! One week out of however many isn't going to affect the end result! Thanks. I'm going to class as above ^^ and getting straight back on plan.

Lou
Old 08-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #7  
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvja View Post
It happens to the best of us sometimes.
Thanks. I'm sure I'll get over this. You are all so lovely here
Old 08-30-2008, 05:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/202/174

Height: 5'9

It's only been 3 days and you've done so well so far. At least you're able to lose weight, I'm completely stuck I'd do anything to shift even 1lb.

There's no point in feeling bad about it. Just get back into how you were and you'll be great! It's not like you're suddenly going to gain 20 stone over night. (although if you're me this is more likely to happen!!)
Riot Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:04 AM   #9  
Hatchling

Thanks Rose, I put on 2.5lbs so that's not too bad! I'm so glad I went (I've posted separately about it in case anyone who is struggling sees the title and it makes them go as well!)

It's great to have this between class support forum. I'd be so stuck and demotivated if I just had to rely on myself to get me to class hehe

Lou
Old 08-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #10  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad you went - I posted in your other thread too.

I have a motivational picture on my fridge. it's actually two pictures - one of a great big fat woman (sorry if that offends anyone but it's true) and one of a hot sexy flat-bellied goddess.

The caption is "Do you want to look like this, or this?"

I have to say, the hot sexy flat-bellied goddess is getting nearer and nearer!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #11  
Hatchling

Thanks for sharing your motivator. I have a similar thing...a chart to plot my progress for walking. It has an overweight fairy at the start and a sexy betty boo in a santa outfit at the end! (for my walk from London to Aberdeen by Christmas challenge). Trouble is I've been looking the other way when opening the fridge. lol
Old 09-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 264/250/140

Height: 5ft 9"

Hey Lou,
same thing has just happened to me, I just weighed myself & I've put on 2 3/4 lbs.
My excuse is I am due on, but i know ive also been a bit slack with my plan, like being busy, skipping my 3 meals & kinda snacking.
Ive stuck to my exercise, but I feel like utter **** right now, my period is late & its giving me back ache & headaches, as well as that I have other stress from starting up the business, so even thought iam disappointed, its just one of those things.
You'll be back on track in no time, I AM SURE OF IT! Accept it & move on I guess!
Bonjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #13  
Hatchling

Thanks B
It's my next WI on Saturday and I hope to have those 2.5lbs off (or a good dent in it anyway). I am back at work, uni stress has gone as I've handed it all in and the routine is most welcome.

Stress is a trigger for me and eating but I've recently started using that 'stress energy' to do a a bit of boxing! It seems to work and burns off some nervous energy.

I'll update you on saturday when I've stepped on the scales

Lou
Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #14  

I'm sure you will have done wonderfully this week. Well done for handed in al your uni work!
Stress is also a problem for me. My first reaction is always to open the fridge! But now more often than not I close it back without taking anything from it!
Let us know how you get on tomorrow!
Vivelavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #15  
Hatchling

I lost 3lbs! I'm back on track. I feel very in control and have a renewed faith in myself and the plan!