3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/14789-hello-one-fat-chick-england-14-a.html)

flumper 04-02-2002 12:30 PM

than no praise i mean;) see im not clever at all trying to type here on msn and in the chat room here

Sarah Ann 04-03-2002 01:02 AM

You two are totally nuts!

Nope - I have NEVER had a postal order before, probably because I have never known what to do with them.

Yayyyyyy - I have sold another half dozen videos on eBay - I am getting rid of loads of clutter and sending it to other people to clutter up their homes instead of mine! I like the people who send cash :dizzy: best!

Smiling Sal 04-03-2002 04:19 AM

Hello everyone. Just a real quick post to let you know I am still around but very very busy. I had a great weekend away at mum & dads caravan, although I caught Steve’s cold while we were up there –seem to be getting a lot of them at the moment. I’m back at work, was here yesterday too, but caught up in meetings all day so I didn’t manage in. My eating has been fine, but my exercise no more than walking. Things are difficult at the moment as Ray was laid off from work on Friday so our finances are now in dire straits. It has to be said though that he is not the kind of man to sit around and do nothing for anytime so hopefully he will find something very shortly. In the short term he’s not fussy what he does. He did say he was going to sell me to raise some funds, if he did by weight he stands to make a fair bit of money.

Will catch up with all the posts over the next few days – forgot to mention I managed to stay the same this week.

Speak to you soon

Shad 04-03-2002 04:33 AM

Really sorry to hear of your husbands redundancy Carol. I hope he finds something really soon.
It really is too bad! Our work places are not safe or secure anymore. But there are sometimes some silver linings in these things. Just takes big effort to find them. I know that I never looked back after I was made redundant. A door opened and I raced through and have never never regretted that redundancy. However I admit that I didn't have dependents. That's when it gets really hard. So if it helps - I'm thinking of you.
Hoping things look up for you soon.

Phoebe 04-03-2002 04:42 AM

Hello everyone :wave:

Wow there were so many posts to catch up on.

Congrats to Sarah Ann and Veggie, good luck with keeping us all in control.

Sorry to hear about your husband being laid off Carol, fingers crossed that he finds something soon. Well done on staying the same through the stress and with being away :angel:

I am back at work today for the first time since Thursday and its really hard going, I do not want to be here :( I want to be back in London, wah!

Sarah Ann 04-03-2002 04:58 AM

{{{{{{{{ Carol }}}}}}}}}}} I hope he finds something really soon. I went through this with Kevin a couple of years ago and, aside from the money issue, I know how much of a knock it gave to his self confidence and pride.

I am thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.

tupperware queen 04-03-2002 04:59 AM

Ahhhggghh allerigies!!

i feel so lousy today!! I woke up this morning and my chest was making this awful wheezing/screaming/rattling noise. I kid you not I didn't even know that the noise was coming from me. Then I went outside and could hardly breathe, I think itis my pollen allergies getting to an ultimate high. I have called the doc and he says I have to stay in and keep the windows shut of course it is a glkorious day out there!! I am off to see him tomorrow evening, if you have any ideas/ remedies please share em with me!!

tupperware queen 04-03-2002 05:02 AM

So sorry to hear about your bad news Carol, didn't see your post there!!
Hope something turns up really soon, I will cross everything.

veggie 04-03-2002 07:25 AM

The time is wrong it is very confusing! I'll leave the prob to trusty moderator Sarah :lol: as I'm off bowling!!

TracyLangford 04-03-2002 08:02 AM

This afternoon i have my initial interview with the lady from the foster child befriending charity to find out if i am suitable for doing the voluntary work. Now that i have decided, i want it so bad and i am really scared because i want the interview to go well.

Tracy

Sarah Ann 04-03-2002 08:03 AM

I sent a message to Suzanne asking if there is any way to change the clock.

Enjoy your bowling.

Sarah Ann 04-03-2002 08:23 AM

Sorry Tracy, you and I must have been posting at the same time - I didn't see your post there.

I know what you mean - it took us ages (a couple of years) to finally decide to go ahead with fostering - any commitment like this has to be a major decison taken slowly - but we want to do it so badly now. The waiting is very difficult and the training sometimes seems to be a bit 'over the top', but this seems to be their standard procedure, so I expect you will be in for a lot of the same.

The only consolation is that Social Services - and those kids - need people like us so badly that unless you have a conviction for offences against children it is VERY unlikely you will be turned down.

TracyLangford 04-03-2002 09:57 AM

I got accepted!!! The training starts on Tuesday at 6.00pm. they are now going to apply for my references and police checks which i know are no problem.

Tracy

Sarah Ann 04-03-2002 10:01 AM

WELL DONE!! That's brilliant!!! Oh - I am SO pleased for you, Tracy!!!!!!

:dizzy: ;) :lol: :dizzy: ;) :lol:

tupperware queen 04-03-2002 11:58 AM

well done Tracy!!

I am sure you will enjoy it tremendously, enjoy your training too.