3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello from One Fat Chick in England # 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/14057-hello-one-fat-chick-england-12-a.html)

Sarah Ann 03-06-2002 04:39 AM

Hello from One Fat Chick in England # 12

Hiya Chicks

Another new thread. I love the new smilies and we have got the avatars back - but we are now limited on what we upload - it has to be small jpgs.

Sarah Ann 03-06-2002 05:04 AM

Just practising with a jpg.

It now reduces the size of what you upload. This jpg shows as being 24k and about 2ins x 3ins on my folder but uploads postage stamp size.

Delaney 03-06-2002 05:12 AM

Stop showing off Sarah, you know I can't do anything technical like that. DH still promises to change my avatar to something from the web for me - I'm such a daft :moo:

I'm having a really slow morning, can't be bothered to do anything - I don't know why:?: Hope everyone is having a better start to the day than me.

Went to aerobics last night and worked my butt off - she plays loads of 80's stuff and I was singing along when the tape player had a problem and left me singing "tainted love" at the top of my voice :o

Catch up with you later, sprog #2 is very quiet......

veggie 03-06-2002 07:02 AM

Can hardly see but yes am on computer :lol: Went into college 8.45 but at 9.45 my eye went all red and swelled up so am home been to the docs and have eye drops and anti histameans (cant spell that) How many days do you think I can get off for this 1? 2? 3? Its my birthday tomorrow and I have these tabs that say do not drink doh! Not that I ever pay attention to stuff like that!!

Sarah Ann 03-06-2002 08:30 AM

I get that with certain kinds of make up - usually mascaras (sooooo painful, poor Veggie) - if you drink and take the tablets you will just get sleepy - so don't take the tablets. Hope its not hayfever - bit of an early start if it is.

Could be an allergy to just about anything - or could be caused by the fluorescent lighting at college... (could be a good excuse).

veggie 03-06-2002 10:08 AM

I took a tablet then went to bed for two hours Im already on stuff that makes me sleepy so am doubly so now if it can be the lighting that sounds likely as I do get a bit red eyed a lot at college not normally this bad though at the mo I think I'll be off tomorrow have to see how it is then I guess doh bang goes meal out on birthday if look like this!

tupperware queen 03-06-2002 11:00 AM

I have had my 'hayfever ' for 5/6 weeks now so it could well be tree pollen or something you are allergic to, this is only the third year for me but it is **** it doesn't get any better until October either, I take clarityn/beconase/opticrom and I am also trying out some homeopathic remedies, apis mel and nelsons pollena.crikey how many calories do they all add up to :dizzy:

Just try not to rub your eyes veggie!! I know you will probably want to, i find the piriton liquid good when i have a really bad attack but it is only any good if i can sleep after taking it zzzzzzzz!

It might be something on your course!!!:lol:

Hope you are on the mend tomorrow, get one of those eye gel packs you put in the fridge, really soothing.

veggie 03-06-2002 12:09 PM

Hope Im not too much better tomorrow :lol: I want the day off even if it means Im stuck in doors!!

BritinNJ 03-06-2002 12:17 PM

Hey Veggie, hope you're feeling better and everyone else is having a good day. Happy Birthday for tomorrow too, Veggie :)
I have had a pretty rough week myself, ahhhhhhhhhhhh.I hear you all say :)
On monday I felt terrible at work, pounding head shiver's, came home for lunch at eleven, sat on the couch with a cuppa, couldn't even think about eating, and woke up at one in the afternoon! Needelss to say I never went back to work, luckily for me I have great people I work with and they knew I wasn't feeling good. Monday night I got about 3 hours of broken sleep as my daughter had constant asthma attacks. I took her to the docs yesterday where she was given two nebuliser treatments and is now on steriods for five days to clear her lungs. She sounds like a train whizzing past, and I'm in another room from her.
I actually feel over my headache and shiver's, so I reckon it was a 24 hour thing. Now I have two bruised swollen knees! I walked the dogs last night, I have to keep them on their leads as the only place we can walk here on base is residental. We walk for about 45 mins most nights. It was dark, we don't have good lighting and we have bumpy paths. Just as I was nearing home, I tripped on the lumpy path, and went flying forwards and landed like a lead balloon, on my hands and knees. Bugger did it hurt. my WW bud was with me and helped me up and I felt such a nit, as well as being in quite a bit of pain. We got home and I stripped off to see the damage. Right knee, looks like I have an extra knee below the original knee cap.HUGE, swolen and bruised, even scraped....not had a scraped knee in about thirty years...ouch! So today I have achy knees, a hole in my new leather gloves where I hit the ground and bruises like I've just done a round with Rocky! Apart from that, I am having a good day. I kept Hannah off school, me off work and have managed to catch up on some washing and hoover places where no one dare go.
It's weigh in day tonight, so I'll post, hopefully another loss.oh please, oh please....what's the betting it will only be half a pound and I still won't get that ribbon? LOL!
Have a great day everyone.
Chris.

flumper 03-06-2002 02:00 PM

sarah!!!! thats postage stamp size.....exactly what size of envelopes do you use??:p

veggie 03-06-2002 02:10 PM

She must have a big tongue to lick them as well!! yes I know you get them ready done now but couldn't resist!!

flumper 03-06-2002 02:15 PM

maybe sarah has a field of:moo: al with there tongues hanging out :lol: :lol:

Smiling Sal 03-06-2002 06:36 PM

Poor Veggie :^: . have a happy birthday tomorrow and my advice, stay off the tablets & have a birthday drink - really depends on how you feel though. I'm prone to insect bites & will end up with swelling midgey bites over the summer, no matter how much of that stinking insect repellent stuff I put on & I will end up on anti histameans and will sleep away days due to them. Poor Sean periodically takes an allergic reaction to the water at the swimming pool, us, doctor & pool management trying to pin down what is different about the times he gets from the times he doesn't. He takes piriton liquid and yes he also sleeps for hours after it.

Can I put in a request. Next time I have a few busy days planned & know I 'm not going to be around much - could you all stop posting as well. :lol: :lol: It has taken me nearly an hour to get this far & think I am only about half way through catching up. :D

I have to confess to the fact that I have not been for a walk since Monday night. It has not been walking weather here, everytime we step out of the door it is a struggle to stay on our feet & the rain is driving through the wind. I have worked out for 30 minutes a day so I still hope to get away with a tempoary drop in exercise. Hey the Forth Road Bridge was shut earlier - if they can't let cars accross that surely I can't walk in case I get blown away especially with me being so light now .

Travelling to work in Glasgow was a nightmare this morning. I managed to find a space in a carpark, over the biggest puddle you have ever seen, but it was a parking space. It was taking people over an hour to do 15 minute journeys - please Scotrail sort out your problems :mad:

Been at the swimming again tonight - Seans lessons - his face stayed the same colour & size tonight - so now pool management totally confused as to what causes it - as am I. Doctor is determined to get to the bottom of the prob which is a good thing. Not good when I have to go talk to pool manager every time after we've been in so they can see how he is. Personally I think over a few months someone has been a bit lax with the cholirine or what else they put in the water. The first time I spoke to them about Seans face, they shrugged it off. When I got my doctor to contact them they took it serious and over the last month or so - no swelling. Both boys getting very confident in the water - won't be long till I can sit at the side of the pool with my coffee & watch them - fat chance I hate coffee but I love to swim too much to do that.

Just had to try & catch up tonight - esle I would spend my first day back in the office tomorrow catching up with everyone.

Veggie - take you birthday off college - you'll feel better for it.

Carol

Sarah Ann 03-07-2002 02:54 AM

There's something wrong with the jpeg upload thing. I just did a long post and then tried to attach a jpeg. Then I clicked on submit reply and I got a warning message that I had uploaded that image before (I hadn't) and when I tried to go back to re-submit my post it had disappeared.

The Daughter from **** has gone back to Leeds. I think she was a bit cheesed off that I wouldn't lend her the money (which in effect was to get her tongue pierced - again!) and then she got a text message saying that her mates were going clubbing - so she grabbed my makeup box and disappeared in to the bathroom - an hour later she re-appeared totally transformed! How come my makeup doesn't do that to me?????????? She says she might be able to get some time off to come visit again over Easter.

Carol - I hope they manage to figure out what is causing your son's allergy. It would be awful for him to be put off of swimming because of someone not doing their job properly.

Chris - Owwwww!!!!!! I hope your knee is better this morning!

Veggie - Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Veggie, Happy Birthday to you!

That postage stamp size image.... I see it as an inch wide by three quarters of an inch high - how do you see it??

flumper 03-07-2002 03:03 AM

hi sarah the daffy duck upload i see as the size of a regular photograph!! the pink panther is only little though