UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 08:24 AM   #61  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

I didnt put on any weight this week in London! I ate loads of crap and got drunk quite a lot in the hotel bar but I havent put any weight on!

I think it migt have something to do with walking everywhere and climbing to the top of St Pauls Cathedral - what a nightmare!

But now I've only got 3 weeks to lose my goal of half a stone by the end of the month! Aargh!

I think Ive finally started to notice a difference, some of my trousers are getting baggier and when I got tarted up to go out in London, 1 of the girls in my class said I looked thinner than usual and asked if I'd lost weight! Of course I just modestly said I didnt know! Lol!
Old 03-08-2002, 08:36 AM   #62  

welcome back chi chi, did you like london? ive never been but the kids are desperate to go me id rather go to the highlands than another city but thats kids for you. its good you didnt gain while away you must have been subconsciously(sp?) watching what you were eating , and for your friend to say you looked thineer must have been great feeling .....i hope shes one of the ones your going on holiday with
Old 03-08-2002, 09:24 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally posted by flumper
did you like london?
Yep it was good! Bought some nice tops for my holiday!

Quote:
its good you didnt gain while away you must have been subconsciously(sp?) watching what you were eating
I dont think so! Dinner was McDonalds, Pizza Hut and Planet Hollywood, lunch was McDonalds, crisps, chocolatr etc! Then there was the fizzy drinks and sweets on the train journeys!
But we did do a **** of a lot of walking! Everyone was sooooo tired all the time!

Quote:
and for your friend to say you looked thineer must have been great feeling .....i hope shes one of the ones your going on holiday with
Nope, I dont know her that well, she's in my class at college and me and my mates just got to know her better while we were in London. She usually only see's me in college when Im covered up so she didnt know what I looked like tarted up anyway! Whereas my friends that Im going on holiday with arent in my class and so I usually see then when we go out, so I doubt they'll notice the difference although I havent seen them properly for a couple off weeks so maybe they will!
Old 03-08-2002, 09:27 AM   #64  

i hope they do comment on your weight itll be lovely for you and keep you going at it, im going home to perth at the end of march to see my friend ive not seen her since just before xmas and im praying she notices a difference but shes the sort of person that wont comment on it anyways but i know her so well ill be able to tell if she has or not.............that makes no sense to anyone but me now
Old 03-08-2002, 09:37 AM   #65  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Good to hearyou had a great time CHiChi and well done with the weight, keep focussed on your diet and you will have a great time when you get on that holiday.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:11 AM   #66  
Theres no stopping me now

Well done Chi Chi on staying the same even though you ate & drank a load of rubbish. If only my body could cope with all the rubbish I eat in the same way I would be a happy bunny.

Wish somebody would notice I've lost some weight. Like you though I'm still wearing the same clothes as always but I notice how much bagger they are. Would just be a nice boost to my will power at the moment.

Carol
Old 03-08-2002, 11:17 AM   #67  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Same here.... but then again maybe thats because we ARE all wearing the same old stuff even though it is baggy.

The ONLY time I have been told I look slimmer is when I have been wearing the odd new item of clothing I have been forced to buy.

Trouble is that who wants to spend lots of money on buying clothes we hopefully will only wear for a few months?? Its a shame there isn't a sort of clothes swapping bank.
Old 03-08-2002, 02:04 PM   #68  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Because my wardrobe has various sizes in it I am able to wear 'new' clothes (old ones I havent fitted into for ages!!) and that gives me a bit of a boost. I treat myself to one item of clothing every 7 pounds and it is usually something fairly inexpensive from Asda, Bhs or Sainsburys, the only rule I give myself is that it has to fit and not be something that i can wear in a couple of weeks, it also has to be fitted and not a baggy jumper etc. I am treating myself to some new bras when I have lost another stone, I will definetely need some by then!!
I think when people us in something that fits better they will be really amazed at how much we have all lost eventually, now that will be a great feeling to look forward to.

i have stopped telling people about my diet cos they are probably thinking yeah right, she has been saying that for years, this time I am going to show em by shrinking right before their eyes!!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:21 PM   #69  

TQ i havent told many people about this diet either mostly because if i dont stick to it they cant say i told you so, but also when i do meet up with them they will see it and ill say oh i dont know im not on a diet or anything
Old 03-08-2002, 02:39 PM   #70  

I dont tell anyone Im on a diet!

Ive got some clothes that I used to wear that dont fit me anymore, but most of it is nice stuff that I hope to wear when I got out clubbing when Im on holiday, the clothes are left over from when I lost a lot of weight at 15 and I boguth sum nice skirts, tops and dresses to wear to an under 18 nightclub!
They still fit me, but they dont look that nice yet!

In Tenerife Twentys do naughty school partys and me & my mates R gonna go so I tried on my school uniform and it still fits. I only left school 2 years ago but I thought I'd put on loads of weight since then, obviously not!

I'm thinking of going to London again in early June to buy more clothes for my holiday, I still havent got over the shock of the size of Topshop on Oxford Street!!!!!

I bought 2 tops from MK1 (nice and cheap!) And one slightly more expensive 1 from Warehouse.
Old 03-08-2002, 02:40 PM   #71  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I tried wearing (or rather trying on) some of the clothes from the last time I was this weight and it was interesting to see that I was living a totally different life then (they were nice suits and silk blouses) - those clothes just aren't the sort of thing I wear nowadays and I think there were a bit 'dated' anyway. So I live in my big baggy stuff, keeping the clothes that actually fit for trips out of the village.

I have told pretty much everyone I know that I am dieting - and I have told them that it is an important health issue with me. The problem is that we don't often go to restaurants where I can make a low fat choice. Our circle of friends tend to usually entertain at home and the food has always been very 'celebrity cheffy' - loads of olive oil/butter/cream - so I was pretty much forced in to telling or carry on turning down invitations like I did for the first month or so.

How does everyone else manage when they eat at someone else's house?? My current point of view is that it gives the person cooking a bit of a challenge!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #72  

sarah ive managed so far but only because most of our friends put the dishes on the table and you can help yourself so i pile up on the veg and only a little of the meat or chicken no one has noticed so far dont know what id do if it was put on plate for me though
Old 03-08-2002, 05:49 PM   #73  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Angry weigh in report

Hi everyone

well despite feeling ill all week from this flu, and not going to the gym at all...couldn't have done anything even if I had gone, I have still managed to lose another 2lbs again this week. I have to say I think I owe that to my wonderful husband who has kept a very close eye on what I have eaten, if it was left to me this past week I would have eaten nothing and I know that wouldn't have been a good idea, he has been great and has made sure that I have kept to my calorie allowance...don't know what I would have done without him

Sarah I agree with you that we don't want to spend money on new clothes that arent going to last us very long, but I have had to start buying the odd thing here and there now...I mean all my original clothes were a size 30 - 32 I am now in a size 18 - 20 so as you can imagine the old stuff is now more than just a little baggy
Family and friends are getting a bit sick of me turning up at their houses saying whats in OUR wardrobe

I'm feeling much better today and I can't wait for next week to get back to the gym and back to some sort of regular routine again I have really missed it

Have a great weekend everyone

Ali
Old 03-09-2002, 03:13 AM   #74  
Theres no stopping me now

Wore a pair of black trousers and a lilac tunic top last night. A few weeks ago they looked quite fetching on me, but last night I caught a glimpse of myself in a big mirror & I looked horrible. The trousers were too baggy and the top just hung there - time for a re-think.

This was my favourite casual outfit a couple of months ago. I haven't lost that much weight, but have tightened up my bod with all this exercising & have changed my shape quite dramatically. I am going to HAVE to buy some cheap clothes for going away in April, I was hoping my old ones would do during the day, and I could just buy a couple of outfits for the nights. But after last night I know I won't get away with it, especailly as I plan on being a few more pounds lighter by the time I go.

It's either melt that credit card or get my needle & thread out , might be able to do something withthe trousers, but do I want to. The top will do me for wearing at work for a few more weeks, will keep them guessing if I'm managing to lose weight this time or not.

This should be one of the better problems we have to deal with

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 03-09-2002 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:19 AM   #75  

way to go carol
i think the thing for us to do now is buy disposable clothes you know cheap but nice yet ones that wont last the road to end of diet and ones you dont mind throwing away
Closed Thread