UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 08:09 AM   #61  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Jano - Tesco do a really nice half fat sausage (66 cals each).

The weather has turned beautiful up here - bright sunshine, but with a strong breeze. Great washing day!

I can't stop thinking about pancakes.... they really are one of my BIG favouries. I think I might have figured out a way to have pancakes - or just one pancake... I am going to try cooking them without butter or oil - but just with a spray of that Fry Lite stuff (the 1 cal per squirt spray oil). I worked out all the calories in the batter and I figure that one pancake (using 3oz flour, 1 large egg and quarter of a pint of skimmed milk and a quarter of a pint of water to make 4 pancakes) with sugar and lemon and no fat works out at about 120 cals.

This is totally pathetic - I am a grown woman - I shouldn't be dribbling over the thought of a pancake!
Old 02-11-2002, 09:47 AM   #62  

Pancakes? I cant stop thinking about m&s crisps now rather cruely the m&s 5 mins away from me is open on on a sunday now...more temptation
Old 02-11-2002, 10:58 AM   #63  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

M&S crisps are just the best, and of course I am talking about the big bags, i only buy their half fat or count on us ones now but I buy some every week. I love those Jacobs, Thai bites, in fact I think I may be addicted anyone else tried em?
Old 02-11-2002, 11:49 AM   #64  

OF COURSE the big bags...I havent tried thai bites maybe I shouldnt if they are addictive!!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:52 AM   #65  

I'm going to start an alcohol challenge tomorrow it will involve...not drinking mostly but have some birthdays coming up so if I go out I'll drink then but apart from that no alcohol no more than 3 units daily anyway I havent really thought this through have I?????
Old 02-11-2002, 11:54 AM   #66  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Boozie Times

Veggie - if you are like me you are best to stay away. One leads to two, leads to three etc. Its easier to have none unless you can make a good job of it
Old 02-11-2002, 11:58 AM   #67  

Yes I am very like that! A lot of the time people offer me a glass of wine and I just have to say no as I know once I get the taste next minute I'm in the offy buying a bottle and finishing it off

Anyway...bought a notebook for my challenge I'm gonna take it seriously I am prepared!!
Old 02-11-2002, 12:05 PM   #68  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default oooooooooooowa

I JUST LOVE WINE!!
Old 02-11-2002, 12:06 PM   #69  

Me too thats the problem
Old 02-11-2002, 12:09 PM   #70  

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pancakes - slober, drool

I have to make pancakes at least once a month sprog #1's favourite food - I'm quite good these days at resisting them but I have got a hankering for something savoury today - I really fancy and huge bacon sandwhich or 6

Luckily I'm not mad on alcohol I really would rather have a diet coke But crisps!!! I'm afraid I have to buy quavers which I think are disgusting (for the kids) so I won't eat them. About Christmastime I ate 4 bags of salt 'n' vinegar chipsticks - my favourite - I went to get another bag and couldn't believe I'd run out.

My new scales are fabby - I have started to weigh myself every day which I know is not recommended but it's really spurring me on because they weigh to the nearest ounce and therefore even if I haven't lost pound I may have lost a couple of ounces or even half a pound. I know it sounds desperate but it's keeping me on the straight and narrow - dh thinks I'm going a bit mental

Something I can't help noticing is that recently were talking about giving things up and how were missing certain foods, maybe we should think about the more positive things. Like getting into smaller clothes and feeling more fit and healthy - what do you say? I hear you, you're saying "shut up Melissa"
Old 02-11-2002, 12:10 PM   #71  
Phat Chick

Default Being Nosey

Delaney - what scales do you have?
Old 02-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #72  

You are all obsessed with scales arent you OK positive things...when Im thinner I will be able to fit into a packed bus shelter unlike yesterday when it was a bit of a squeeze!!
Old 02-11-2002, 12:21 PM   #73  

Veggie - I can just picture you in the bus shelter!!

BPB - they're Tanita scales from Lillywhites (on sale from £100 to £60) They measure your fat/weight ratio and also store the information for up to 4 people - I'm impressed so far although I have no idea how to work them and dh's getting peed off with having to set them up every morning for me I told you guys I'm a total technophobe I'm even scared of the oven timer!!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:21 PM   #74  
Phat Chick

Ooooeer - bad experience with my last set of Tanita scales!!!! Not sure if I want to go down that route again.

Are your scales constantly in the same place, or do you move them around?

Having said that, I might sneak into Lillywhites, just to have a look tomorrow.

I bought some new scales today from Argo - they are Weight Watchers approved ones from Argos. Well guess what - two different readings in the space of two minutes Think I am just gonna go for one of those normal dial ones, instead of the digital, titanium, bodyfat measuring, all singing and dancing and coffee making ones

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 02-11-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:23 PM   #75  
Phat Chick

Default Positive vibes

When I am thinner, I will be able to go into Karen Millen and buy one of their extortionate "one season" only outfits and not give a d@mn

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 02-11-2002 at 01:26 PM.
Closed Thread