3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello, I'm......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13279-hello-im.html)

Amanda Panda 08-09-2003 01:06 PM

Room for a little one (ha!)

Hello everyone, I am your newest member, and I am very impressed with this forum - It is just what I've been looking for.

I am 30 years old and have alot of weight to lose (71/2 stone), but I am just going to take it half a stone at a time. I started my diet last Monday and have lost 2lb this week which is a good start. I have been a yo - yo dieter for most of my life, but have had enough and intend for this time to be different. I am following the Slimming World diet (at home, not classes) because I know it works for me (if I stick to it!) and it's not too restrictive.

I live with my partner Nige, who is also dieting with me, and my cat Marley , who should also be dieting! I have suffered from serious depression on and off over the past few years which has really affected my weight. I realise now that my weight problem and my depression are closely inter-linked and I feel that by taking the step to lose my excess weight , I will be addressing my depression also, which can only be a good thing!

I am a Christian and am extremely thankful that Jesus is in my life. I am also a vegetarian and an avid reader. I love comedy and things that make me laugh. :lol:

I am looking forward to getting to know people who understand what it's like to be fat and I hope we can support eachother to lose our excess weight once and for all .

love Amanda xxx

Toryw 08-09-2003 04:26 PM

Hi Amanda! Nice to 'meet' you :D Good luck with your diet and congrats on your 2lb loss!! Great Start!!

Amanda Panda 08-09-2003 11:58 PM

Thanks Tory

Thanks for the reply Tory,

I've been to your website and noticed we are the same height and have the same goal. I weigh a bit more than you though (244lb).

Can you imagine what it will be like when you are 10 stone? I had a bit of a revelation recently when I realised that I am carrying around the equivalent of an 8 stone woman with me! No wonder I feel uncomfortable, I'm suprised I can stand up! :dizzy:

Well it is time to say goodbye to that extra person and make room for me!

Well done on the 10lb loss, you'll soon have lost your first stone which will be a great milestone.

I'm looking forward to my first half stone.:smug:

keep at it

Amanda :wave:

Toryw 08-10-2003 03:10 AM

Amanda...thank for reading my journal :D its very exciting to think what it WILL be like to weigh 10 st :D

Seing as we have the same goal...can can cheer each other on :D we CAN do this!! :wave:

Tulip-Fairy 08-25-2003 03:30 PM

Make room....

...I'd like to join in if i may?

It's inspirational how you all support each other on here, it is definatly keeping my motivation up!!! Thanks!!

Well, a bit about me...I'm coming up to my 39th birthday (ouch!) don't usually mention that bit!!! :( I have been married for 17+ yrs and have three beautiful daughters.

When i was younger i was really lucky with my weight, i could eat what i wanted and never put on an ounce, oh how i took it for granted back then, since having my third daughter 8 years ago i never really lost all the pregancy weight, i kept hold of a stone of it then another stone managed to creep back on when i wasn't looking!!!:?:
I think this was mainly due to a wheat intolerance that started with my pregnancy but hey ho, it's still on my hips as i type!! :rolleyes:

So I now find myself embarking on my second ever diet, the first was a well known famous persons detox diet, I was very successful to start with and lost a stone on it...as for that last stone, it didn't budge before i fell off the detox wagon :dizzy:

This time round i'm just following a low fat diet, keeping sugar to a minimum and :cry: :cry: trying v. hard to keep off the booze!! I am also going to do some form of exercise a couple of times a week [not my strong point!!] mainly due to me being a lazy :moo: I've been going for 14 days now and have lost 6lbs so i am really pleased with myself :smug:

oh and did i mention my hobby?? FOOD :devil: I love to cook, i bake twice a week to keep the kids in lunch box goodies, there is always cake tins full of tempting stuff, but i am trying to keep one with low fat treats in just in case i can't resist!!
I'll share my recipes if you want?!

Well that's me....i hope to get to know you all over the coming weeks

Bye for now;)

Amanda Panda 08-26-2003 02:39 PM

Welcome Tulip Fairy

Hi Tulip-Fairy:wave:

Great to have you here. This place is great for support, advice and motivation.......it's really helping me to keep on track and I'm sure it will help you too.

Look forward to getting to know you

Amanda xx

missy_moomoo 09-10-2003 06:13 AM

oppsss, think I should have posted this here :dizzy:

Hi,

I am new to fat chicks and though I would say hello.

I'm 27 and I live in Manchester uk.

I have been doing WW for 7 weeks now, although I did lose a bit of weight on my own before but got stuck at 172 lbs.

I had been losing a few pounds a week until last week when I put on a massive amount

I am hoping you will all inspire me to behave better :)

Sweetgirluk 10-03-2003 09:46 AM

Hello I'm..............

Hey! My name is Elissa, I am 25 years old, an american living in London.

I moved here a year and a half ago with my current job. I am working for an american family as a nanny.

It's been really hard moving here and not know anyone but the people I work for. Luckily, I do have a boyfriend that I have been with for 5 months and things are well.

When I first moved here I lost about 3 stone. I am sure this was due to the not eating the same as I did in the states. I used to live on fast food...it was at least 2 of my daily meals, and since moving here...I hardly ever touch the stuff.

Still, I am overweight. It's hard to get motivated, especially when my boyfriend loves the way I look. But all in all...I am not happy with it. I refuse to wear shorts in the summer, and I stick to baggy clothing to cover my butt and legs.

My life for the past few years has had this phrase hanging over my head..." You have such a beautiful face...if you'd just lose some weight".....so, that is what I want to do.

I love to eat, love to cook, so this is my downfall. I have a membership to a gym, but never go....I guess that is why I thought this would be a good place to start for some support.

So, I look forward to getting to know all of you....and if anyone is is the North London area....drop me a message....I could use a work out buddy!

Elissa

May63 01-26-2004 11:18 AM

Newbie here from the North East

Hello Everybody! My name is May, and I'm 39 years old. I am the mother of 4 kids: Hayley is 17, Charlene is 16, Daniel is 15, and Tiffany is 12. I have been with my partner Ritchie for 6 years now.

I have recently decided - once again - to start trying to lose weight. Luckily I have some support in the form of my next door neighbor, who is also trying to lose weight. However, I just recently got my first computer and thought it might be fun to find some extra support online.

My neighbor and I (nuckingfutz) are considering joining Weight Watchers, but haven't made a decision yet.

I am currently around 17 or 18 stone and I think I need to be around 10 or 11 stone.

Here's to a new start, a new year, and a new me!

mariya 02-19-2004 11:52 AM

greetings from a keen dieter!

hi everyone!

my name is mariya and I am 19 years old. I'm from london, although for the past 3 years I've been studying in the states. I've always had a problem with my weight, and I'm definately a yo-yo dieter. I've never really been 'thin', the lowest I can remember being was 10 st when I was about 16, but even then I was on the chubby side. Right now I'm 11 and a half stone, I've lost about a stone since october. I really want to get down to 9 and a half, or even 9 stones. My goal is to do it by mid-August in time for the next school year. I'm usually very good with sticking to my diet, until I lose about a stone, then I put it back on again. I'm really committed to breaking this cycle this time though. I want to get down to my target weight and surprise all my friends and relatives - and myself. I'll need all of your support though! I eat healthily and excercise about an hour a day, but I don't stick to it for long and get discouraged when I don't see immediate results :(

I'm studying computer science, french and spanish in Houston, Texas. I have incredible friends there. Right now I'm taking time off and want to lose weight before I go back to surprise them all! I have a wedding to attend in December in India, so I want to look really good then too. As you can see, I have plenty of reasons to lose weight! My problem is that I have a huge stomach, especially my lower abdomen. One of my cousins in India is 4 months pregnant and she was kind enough to tell me that my tummy is so big I look 6 months pregnant!

I have many hobbies. I like reading, watching eastenders and oprah, (by the way, what channel and time does oprah come on in england?) surfing the net, movies, step aerobics, walking, and lord of the rings.

Also, could someone tell me the URL for the weigh in thread? Thanks.

Nice to meet all of you!

mariya

peacock 2 02-19-2004 01:58 PM

CHi CHi - you are still in nappies!

I am Suzi aged 44 and live in London. My hobbies such as they are include waling (sometimes), going to cinema -especially to see old or foreign films. Something a bit different from the "It only takes one American superhero/maverick type to save the world" type of film. I used to enjoy cooking but am now reduced to sharing a flat and it is hard to get in the kitchen as a decent time so I don't much bother. I also like most music except Country music - Yee hah! Give me rock, soul, jaszz and funk anyday!

I was following the Slimming WOrld diet and will again soon. I am around 14st at the moment. I am fairly careful what I eat and have been veggie since 21.

ces 04-17-2004 06:48 PM

Hi, Im not exactly new to this website, I just havent been here 4 ages!
I came on here originally about 2 years ago when I was 18 wanted to lose weight for my first holiday with my mates, anyway I lost just over a stone then (went from 13st 2lbs to 12st), but my weight has hovered between 11 st 7lbs and 12st 7lbs since & I think its time to start losing again because Im at uni and therefore and buying and cooking all my food myself for once!

Just weighed myself and am currently 12st 6lbs (ick!) and im only 5'2/5'3ish so thats quite bad really! I'd like 2 get down to around 9st I think, but i suppose I wont really know what weight feels right til I reach it! Ive been fat all through my teens, I dont want my 20s to be the same!!

linus 04-17-2004 06:55 PM

hey your nearly 4 stone lighter than me already look at the start youve made come into heelo from uk and have a blether youll be made very welcome and good luck with your weight loss
kirsty

veggie 04-17-2004 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ces
Hi, Im not exactly new to this website, I just havent been here 4 ages!
I came on here originally about 2 years ago when I was 18 wanted to lose weight for my first holiday with my mates, anyway I lost just over a stone then (went from 13st 2lbs to 12st), but my weight has hovered between 11 st 7lbs and 12st 7lbs since & I think its time to start losing again because Im at uni and therefore and buying and cooking all my food myself for once!

Just weighed myself and am currently 12st 6lbs (ick!) and im only 5'2/5'3ish so thats quite bad really! I'd like 2 get down to around 9st I think, but i suppose I wont really know what weight feels right til I reach it! Ive been fat all through my teens, I dont want my 20s to be the same!!

Welcome back I remember you had a different name then. I was about 12st when I was 18 then I put a LOT on in my 20s :eek:
then I dieted and lost 50 pounds then put it back on then lost 50 again then put it on. Do I hear the words yoyo? :devil:

veggie 04-17-2004 07:40 PM

I wish everyone from 2 years ago would come back they wouldn't even have to diet just come back and listen to me whine that's all I ask! :lol: