3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello, I'm......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13279-hello-im.html)

kati3l3unny 04-09-2005 12:33 PM

thanks

thank you for the warm welcome =)

and who needs sane conversation !!! i'm hyper and weird so i should fit in ;)

skinnylassie 04-30-2005 03:04 PM

Hello everyone!
I have only just joined ( about 2 minutes ago to be exact lol!)
i'm Diane, aged 35 and was reccomended this site by a great friend :)
i'm married to brian and we have 3 terrific teenage children aged 17,14 and 12 as well as 2 doggies!
i started weight watchers at home in june 2004 weighing in at 18 stone 4 pounds and at present weigh 11 stone 8 pounds :))
i love my new healthy lifestyle its FAB ( says she overdulging on the wine right now tee hee...aaahhh well it is saturday night & i have just secured my new job after 18 years of bringing up my family ( so have a few things to celebrate right now :))
I would love to meet new friends & enjoy hearing from you all :O)

Lots of Love

Diane xxxx

2frustrated 04-30-2005 03:17 PM

Hey skinnylassie!

Well done you on the weight loss! That's amazing!

Congrats on the job front too! We are all mad here, so post where you want and I'm sure we'll entertain you! ;)

skinnylassie 04-30-2005 03:35 PM

Thank yoso u for making me welcome ! :)
i have just noticed your signed up for race for life...well done!
i'm signed up too in july :)
i'm trying to improve on the exercise front and just taken up jogging ...i think my body is in shock EEEK!

i promise to post more soon!
lovely to hear from you :)

Love D XXX

2frustrated 04-30-2005 04:01 PM

Oh yeah run for your life! :rofl:

I managed a whole 2 minutes running today :D :lol:

trudz 04-30-2005 04:15 PM

Hi everyone, I only discovered this site a few days ago and have really enjoyed browsing through it. It is great to see all the positive comments and just how supportive everyone is. So to introduce myself, I am a mother of 3 children 12, 2 and 12 weeks. We are currently living in New Zealand but looking to move over to the states for awhile. My husband is applying for jobs at this stage in Pittsburgh so if anyone out there can tell us about the place we would really appreciate it.
I have started exercising and eating healthy (most days) so that I can get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. So far not doing to badly, but I am terrible at following diets, the exercise I don't have an issue with as I love been fit, but when you tell me I can't eat something I generally want it. :p Luckily for me may baby is dairy intolerant so that means chocolate which is my biggest weakness is off the list a long with most takeaway foods as they have some dairy in them. Well I guess that is me, glad to be here :-)

veggie 04-30-2005 08:16 PM

Hi trudz welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't know anything about Pittsburgh, being in the UK.

tootoot 05-01-2005 03:40 PM

welcome new personas........................:wave:

BIGGIRL27 05-04-2005 08:04 AM

Hi Chris

I'm Tammara. I can relate (in a different sort of way). I have lived most my life in NJ and now I live in Preston, UK with my husband Eric. I'm feeling quite homesick myself and just seeing NJ in your message caught my eye! I can't really say that I miss the snow, but it is quite strange knowing that I'm in a whole new environment and I won't be able to pop on the train to go to New York!

Good luck with WW and take care!
Tammara

veggie 05-04-2005 08:15 AM

Hello Tammara :D welcome to the board.

2frustrated 05-04-2005 08:32 AM

Hmmm New York.... Preston.... New York... poor you! Only kidding! You'll love it here, our ever changable weather, Fish and Chips (stay away EVIL DIET-BUSTING THINGS! :rofl: ), tea. Red buses, you know, the general!

Welcome Tammara, hope you find all you need here ;)

YP1 05-10-2005 03:12 PM

Hi, I'm new, although I've been lurking for a couple of days. I don't really know what to say, other than that I've never tried to lose weight before, and so far am going really well. I am now officially addicted to exercise (I'm in serious danger of winning my gym's "member of the month" competition sometime soon), and I've even retrained my eating habits. I went to the supermarket today and bought nothing but fresh fruit, veg and mineral water. The time before it was the same, with the addition of some chicken and low fat yoghurt.

Anyway, the weight's dropping off at the moment, but I'm guessing that it won't always do that, so I'm registering here in advance to get to know some people for when I really need it!

2frustrated 05-10-2005 05:03 PM

Hi YP1, welcome! It sounds like you're doing great! Don't forget the occasional treat in with all that good stuff, don't deny anything you really truly want, just have it in tiny tiny quantities. It makes the boring dieting a lot more interesting, and you're less likely to fall off the wagon!

GOOD LUCK!

YP1 05-10-2005 05:07 PM

Don't worry, I've got some marzipan sweets I'm working my way through (slowly), and I'm off on holiday in 2 weeks so I'll be indulging myself then. I'm not really trying to stick to any hard and fast rules at the moment, it's more that I'm discovering that I actually want to eat fruit and veg (gasp!). I've discovered the benefits of having a pile of fruit on my desk at work, and don't even want to go to the chocolate machine. But when that craving hits, I'm sure I'll give in to it!

2frustrated 05-10-2005 05:10 PM

Cool! You sound truly sorted! I'm sure you'll do fab!

:cheer: