3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello, I'm......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13279-hello-im.html)

tootoot 02-22-2005 02:00 PM

yip and 2 7lb goals is a whole stone! if most of us thought of the long term goal we'd never get started, i for one would have given up a long time ago

Jackie H 02-22-2005 04:40 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! Definatly smaller goals are more achievable.
It was weigh in night tonight unfortunatly only half a pound off, but being positive, it is a loss and I am definatly on the right track.
Jackie

yvonne_germany 02-23-2005 04:30 AM

Full introduction

Hi

I have am,ade a couple of posts but thought I should introduce myself properly.

my names Yvonne I'm 34. I'm from North Manachester originally and now live in Munich germany, which is fabulous. I'm learning German, and have joined the local WW group 3 times, but its only now I know enough german to follow it. A disadvantage for living here is that when friends and family come and visit they treat it was a holiday, so want to eat out and go drinking etc. which really doesn't help my weight at all.
I have moved around a lot; usually only spending about 3 years per place since I was 18. (2 * GE: 1 * US (only 6months though))And this has cause problems with my weight. I am an emotional eater and my weight yoyos from 8 1/2 stone to 10 1/2 stone. I am currently on a down trend weight wise (which means a happy stretch in my life). I follow a standard pattern,
move to a new place, don't know anyone, am unhappy = weight goes up,(yr1)make friends find my feet = weight stabilises (yr2)
find a boyfriend, feel settled/happy = weight goes down (yr3).

Answer is obvious don't move, even to me, but I enjoy living abroad and would like to settle somewhere. Unfortunately its probably not here as this is only another temporary job and my contract will finish eventually. (I'm an engineer)

So I have a plan to get my weight down first and then try and maintain it for more than a year. and find a man i can settle with to make the move somewhere easier. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK so I haven't got a plan, but am trying to get my weight under control.

Any suggestion more than welcome

squishybottom 02-25-2005 12:39 PM

Hi, I’m Squish. I’m 22, 23 next month. Film student trying to live in london, and work as much as I can to eat < smiles >

I am orginally from the States but moved here four years ago. At the time I was in a relationship which was basically an eating duo. I ballooned from 15 stone to 19, he was even worse hitting 22-23 after being my weight.

Last July I decided to turn it all around. I went to my local weight watchers meeting, signed up and didnt miss a meeting all summer. After a bad breakup in October I went back to my cheese on toast, twix and takeaway diet. I pulled myself out of it this January and luckly just offically lost everything I put on.

I am determined to hit my goal, I don't know when but I am pushing for it. I bought the gym membership and have tried to get there three times a week. I am back at my ww meetings and even a helper again.

Its lovely to meet you all and what a wonderful board. :D

veggie 02-25-2005 09:11 PM

Hi Squish :wave: welcome to 3fc. :D

MissLove 02-28-2005 08:01 AM

Just finished my first week on south beach and I've lost 7 pounds! For the first time in a long time, I'm at 18.5 stone. YAY!

If I can do this, any one can do it, so best of luck to the other newbies! :-)

tootoot 02-28-2005 09:15 AM

congratulations.......7lbs is great

Kallyuk 03-04-2005 02:25 PM

Hi Everyone,
I'm Kally and I'm 42 and from London, married to my second husband with 2 cats for company, I also have a couple of grown up sons from my first marriage.
My weight has always been a problem and I have spent twenty years yo-yoing between being slim and being fat, currently at another fat stage ( but hey-ho ) back on the slimming trail again.
Following my own Slimming plan at the moment which mainly consists of not buying anything remotely fattening with my new motto being " If I haven't brought it I can't eat it " have been a vegetarian for about 10 years now and could not go back to eating meat,
anyhow hope to get to know some of you along the way, I have loads to lose so should be around a fair bit

veggie 03-04-2005 05:11 PM

Hi Kally welcome to the forum. :wave: I have spent 10 years yoyoing between very fat and a lot fat! ;)

tootoot 03-06-2005 08:47 AM

kally yoooooooo hooooooooooooo, welcome to yo yo land, between us all i think we could have some world champ yo-yoers here.........................im close to top spot i think :rofl: hope to hear more from you over the months ahead

WillowFae 03-07-2005 09:01 AM

I'm new so I thought I'd say hi :)

I'm from Milton Keynes and am married and mum to a wonderful little boy.

I've been overweight all my life and want to be around to see my son grow up and to be there for him. So I'm making a real effort to do this.

WillowFae

tootoot 03-07-2005 09:34 AM

hello willow..........welcome to fcUKers

WillowFae 03-07-2005 11:47 AM

Thanks tootoot :)

BritinNJ 03-07-2005 11:25 PM

HI Willowfae, welcome.. your son is adorable... come and chat with us on our daily bread....... oops, mean daily thread, the one with the FCUKers :)

WillowFae 03-08-2005 04:07 AM

Thanks Chris - on both the welcome and the compliment on my son :)