UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:09 AM   #196  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Newbies, come and chat with us in Feb chat and feel free to join us in our Easter challenge.... see you there
Old 02-15-2005, 04:00 PM   #197  

hello :-)

i am Danielle,American,22...married to my Brit hubby..living in the county of Berkshire..
no kids ..3 cats..when i started my weightloss i was 21 stones..i am lossing weight to be healthy..i still eat what i like just in motoration..i excerise 5 times a week...

lets see...my homestate is Maine...
and i just love England! (no i am not crazy for liking england better! lol)

i have one step-sister that is gonna be 2 years old in 2 days!

been on my weightloss journey for 1 year and 1 month so far..and still going!!!
thats about it...

nice to meet you all!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:24 PM   #198  

Smile Hello

Heya

Well done on losing all that weight it's amazing. You're not too far away from me , I'm in Oxford

Dill
Old 02-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #199  

Hi all,

Thought I'd write a quicky to introduce myself. I'm 24 and live with my other half and our 2 boys (3 1/2 and 9 mths) near Northampton. I have a lot of weight to loose, I tend to start off well and then loose the plot after a couple of weeks - so I was looking for some encouragement, and came across this site....and you all seem like such a friendly bunch I thought I'd join in!

Hayley x

p.s The reason I am up at this un-godly hour is my darling son, who has slept through the night since he was 3 months, has taken a liking for midnight feasts - hence we're both sat here eating grapes....little bugger!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:59 PM   #200  
Slow and steady

Hi haley, welcome, come join us in our Feb chat and our Easter challenge...
Old 02-17-2005, 02:23 AM   #201  

hiya hayley, welcome to fcukers im sure somewhere along the line we will be able to offer some sort of support lol, after all most of us dont wait a couple of weeks to lose the plot ............its a daily occurence lol
Old 02-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #202  
Starting SBD 21/02/05.

Hi Ladies! I'm Lola, 26, and I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm an American married to a Brit and I've been here for just about a year and a half now (and planning to stay!).

I'm currently at about 266 lbs/19 stone. Ugh. I've always been overweight, but the weight has really piled on for the past four or five years -- most of it has been stress-induced. I was in a job I hated, trying to carry on a LDR with my fiance (now DH), and was totally out of control with my eating. I also have PCOS, which certainly doesn't help with regard to weight control!

On Monday (the 21st) I'm starting the South Beach Diet. I "started" it last year as my New Year's resolution, and it lasted about 3 days. I thought about that the other day and realised how much thinner (and happier!) I'd be right now, a year later, if I'd only stuck to the plan.

I've just invested in a good treadmill and will be on it every day if possible (but at least every other day) for around an hour. I'm sticking to the SBD plan and am so determined to do this NOW. I'd like to lose about 80 pounds (first mini goal of 25 pounds)....hopefully more in the long run! I want to lose weight for my health and to feel better about myself. DH and I want to start a family in the next few years and I must lose weight if I want any chance of getting pregnant.

So, here I am. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! :-)

Last edited by MissLove; 02-24-2005 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #203  

Hi Lola welcome to the forum.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:03 PM   #204  
Slow and steady

Hi Lola.... welcome, come and chat with us whenever you can on our Feb thread and join in our Easter challenge if you want as well... more the merrier
Old 02-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #205  

Hello everyone
I am completly new today! 46 years old and 16 stone, I have already lost 10lb. I started Weight Watchers with my friend and her husband a month ago and up untill this week found things easy but now I'm starting to falter! I am looking for people in the same boat as me and it looks like I have come to the right place.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Jackie
Old 02-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #206  

Hi Jackie, welcome to 3fc hope to hear lots from you.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:17 PM   #207  

howdy doody jackie.....well done on the 10lbs
Old 02-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #208  

How do you change a life time of neglect and over eating! I do have a goal, my summer holiday, where I am not going to be that white whale who jumped in and out of the water in a swim dress which ballooned out when under water and made me look even fatter (if that's possible) when I thought nobody was looking, trying hard to stay possitive.
Jackie
Old 02-22-2005, 02:34 AM   #209  

jackie i know exactly where your coming from, make a shorter goal than the summer, try making small acheivable goals at first , i set myself 10lb goals for so many weeks, was easier in my mind than doing it stone by stone, you could try it see how you get on, the summer will soon be here before you realise and you will have lost weight without it seeming impossible
Old 02-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #210  

Hi Jackie, I agree with tootoot that it's helpful to set smaller goals, if you've joined WW they will give you a sticker for every 7lbs you lose. Sounds lame, but it's quite gratifying when you get one!
Closed Thread