UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 03:28 AM   #46  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Yes , I keep telling myself I must have patience......I believe the rescue remedy is giving me some too
What we are all looking for is progression not perfection,if we keep telling ourselves that we will all get there.
(Problem is I am talking to myself so much that it won't be long before they are coming to take me away....ha ha.....!! i think I am safe until I start answering myself back.... )
Old 02-16-2002, 05:04 AM   #47  

I agree with you guys - the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off. I've got about another 5 stones to lose (my goal is 12 stones and then see how I go) I've been here before (like many of us I know) and I've lost 3lbs per week for the first couple of months and then lost 1lb and the following week gained 1lb, then just stopped as it was too hard. I'm determined not to let that happen again. Every week I get on the scales and there is going to be a loss - it feels brilliant.

Flumper - well done on the 2lb loss.

TQ - what's this rescue remedy? Is it from health food shops? Is is specifically for TOM?

Have a great w/end everyone.
Old 02-16-2002, 07:21 AM   #48  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I got mine from holland &barrett after hearing people recommend it for years, when many others on here said they were taking it, I thought I would give it a go. I tend to overeat when stressed (boy I have had a stressful few years then!! ) So I remembered to buy some in town and apparently it is working, my DH says I seem nuch calmer!!!!!
Old 02-20-2002, 04:25 AM   #49  

Thumbs down determination is paying off

well my determination seems to be paying off this time, i started this diet (bad word) on the last friday in jan which was around the 25th i think and today 20th of feb i am a whole 12lbs lighter i cant beleive it this past fortnight the weight is just dropping off 6lbs in all but im worried if it comes of to quickly i wont be able to maintain? is it because im working and i have to be on the go all the time ? not that im not pleased about the weight loss i am (very) im thinking long term rather than now
Old 02-20-2002, 04:57 AM   #50  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

It doesn't matter how it came off - the important thing is that it has so......... WELL DONE FLUMPER!!

TQ - I agree with you about how the Rescue Remedy seems to work. It is definitely making me calmer and more in control of my eating - but its also helping with my stressing about this foster carer training on Saturday. Kevin thinks I am nuts because I am being so laid back about it - totally not like me! (The only thing I am really worrying about is the flamin' buffet lunch!!)

Melissa - Bach Rescue Remedy is for any time that you are feeling stressed and out of control. You can get it in health food shops and some chemists and it really seems to work although I am not sure why, especially when you read the literature and find out just how little actual essense you are getting with each dose. I started off taking it 'neat' by placing 4 drops on to my tongue, but someone here recommended taking it in a glass of water and it really works better that way.

I used to take it years ago for TOM - and when I was taking exams and when I was ill a year or so ago - and it worked wonders. Well worth the money.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:01 PM   #51  

Angry loser loser loser !!

Yes I have lost some more weight! Two pounds who will never see these hips again.

I am so happy happy!

Starting weight 217
2-22-02 weight 205
Old 02-23-2002, 02:12 AM   #52  

well done sunny i told you it would come off , you just needed to grin and bear it for couple of days lol, we have our lovely snow now so ill burn more calories clearing the pathway, if i dont do it no one will chat soon xxx flumper(AKA totts)
Old 02-23-2002, 06:05 PM   #53  

Wink Thanks Flumper

Thank You Thank You Thank You

I don't know how you added the clapping hands but I loved them!

Everyday is going to be a challenge but we are going to do it!!

I am still "stepping" on the stepping machine and ridding the bike to nowhere.

Yeah!! Go Team Go!
Old 03-02-2002, 09:18 PM   #54  

Exclamation March challenge 7 pounds

Ok I am ready!!

Here go on my way to losing 7 pounds in the month of March!

I gained four pounds back so I am sad

I know I will do better this month!

217 beginning
209 March 2.

sunny
Old 03-03-2002, 04:16 AM   #55  

hiya suny im glad youve decided to joing our weight challenge and 7lbs isnt too much of a hrad task really it lets us have a bit of a slip now and then , but of course if we dont slip we may lose even more than the 7 but 7 will do for me right now chat to you soon
Old 03-04-2002, 03:08 AM   #56  
Consistency + Balance

Hiya Sunny

We are doing a sort of challenge for March over on the Weekly Weigh In thread - most of us are aiming to lose 7lbs. If you get the time it would be lovely if you could post with us there.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:00 PM   #57  

Angry Hi

Just checking in to say I have lost a pound. Of course, I already lost that pound. but hey i lost it again!

I am now an exercising crazy woman!. I do some light exercises before I shower in the morning. I do some weight training at school and I ride the bike almost every evening. Yeah. I know this will make a difference! lol

Let me know how you all are doing? I don't think I will lose the other six pounds by the end of march!

Still trying!

Sunny
Old 03-21-2002, 02:13 AM   #58  

well done sunny, exercise what do you mean you exercise!!!!!!!i cannot , cannot get into it but today im going to buy some equipment of torture and give it a shot, you said earlier in the week you felt like youd lost weight but sclaes didnt say so , well i read on a different thread that if your exercising you can build muscle which weighs more than fat so you could still be losing fat but gaining muscle, the best way to check if this is the case is to measure your vitals!!!! lol instead of weighing, i bet youve lost inches whereas i dont feel like ive lost a thing weight wise or inchwise, i re did my virtual model though did it with my start weight and with my weight now and it did show a difference so why cant i see it. as you can tell im so fed up with dieting right now but when i have my day off i allow myself a day off per week now , so when im on off day i dont really go mad have maybe packet of crisps and a couple of biscuits but thats it so i think ive sorted out this bingeing carry on. anyway back to you and your loss really well done because i know how hard it is for you , with all the eating out and things and you know you can keep it up will chat to you soon .....kim
Old 03-21-2002, 03:26 AM   #59  
Consistency + Balance

Maybe that muscle weighing more than fat thing is the reason why I seem to have gained a pound when I haven't eaten one calorie more than my 1500 any day this week AND I have been exercising more....
Old 03-21-2002, 07:37 AM   #60  

Maybe you haven't eaten enough Sarah now isn't that a great thought?
Closed Thread