UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #91  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Frus - you take care of that knee. At the moment I'm thinking GNJ (Great North Jog).

I'm glad to be back in the house, I was all over the place at the weekend. I managed to fit in a 17 mile run on Sunday in London, and just about managed to stay awake during my conference yesterday. It was a relief to be back at work!

I'm in a good mood because I've just booked my flights to go to Spain for Christmas I've also sorted out the documentation to get rid of my car - as of Monday I officially won't own it, although I'm babysitting it and on the insurance for another month or so in return for sorting out the MOT.

Cat - I never mean it either. Which would explain the half bottle of wine I drank at lunchtime...

Veggie - hope the scan results are OK.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #92  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Chris thought you'd never stop partying

17 miles run everytime you say something like that Helen I think of you running from Preston to Blackpool what a woman!!

Well, I went for the interview this morning and she offered me the position on the spot, which was nice because its rotten waiting for the phone to ring. I'm still not sure about the early mornings though but like she said you get used to it and the bonus is you have the afternoons free to do what you want. A bit worried about running into a critter in the pitch black on campus though there was a warning up that a 'baby' bear had been seen so Mom won't be too far away I said i'd start on Monday then I called her and offered to start tomorrow because i'm not doing anything but she suggested I start on thursday because tomorrow is the payday cut off. You never know a bit of manual work might help me lose some lard
Old 09-26-2007, 04:08 AM   #93  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I know what you mean about sizes. I'm probably somewhere around a 14-15(!!!). So I'm a nice 14 in New Look, and Primark and er.... oh yeah I got some tops from Next in a 14, but a dress in a 16. Then in Gap I tried on some 16 trousers and they were baggy at the waist but tight in the thigh

Helen - my knee survived being twisted in a million different directions yesterday in my brown belt test, and also the rowing machine and front squats in the gym at lunch. So it's ok, but I just haven't run on it... Dom is "running" GNR too, it will keep him amused rather than waiting for me! We are both going to power walk it I think, it will be quite fun doing a race with him, and not actually racing properly, just chilling and taking in the atmosphere!

Great news with the job Cat - you can always nap when you get home around lunchtime. And you're right, it will help with the lard-shifting. You'll be a pea-stick in no time my girl!

Veggie - hope your scan checks out ok.

Hello everyone else!

Last edited by 2frustrated; 09-26-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #94  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Gah. It's cold out there. Although I do have a nice new fluorescent yellow long sleeve running club top to keep me warm. Just over 10 miles tonight, then I'm running into work tomorrow (haven't decided how far I'm going yet, there are various routes of different lengths I can take), then I'm done until Sunday.

Speaking of which - media tart alert - apparently in tomorrow's telegraph there's an in depth article about one of the guys I'm doing the run with. Should (hopefully!) be an interesting read.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #95  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

THAT was what I needed to put on my shopping list....

I'm buying those rain poncho/emergency foil blankety thingies to take on the GNR with me, just had the weather forecast and it's going to be COLD. Brrrrr!

Last night I went to a crossfit session in the park at Mile End. It wasn't as psycho mental hardcore as I was expecting, but it was great and hard enough work to warrant going. We did kettlebell swings and squats for about 20 minutes then the guy expected us to RUN! So I kinda hobbled round the course and made it back last! So after that I got a shorter route! Then we did circuits of swings, squats and running. Then pull-ups on the climbing frame, the guy who was "assisting" me was just basically lifting me up! Then dips on gymnastic rings and push-ups and wander back to the tube. I am surprisingly not too sore today, however I will probably be regretting it come Sunday! At least that's my excuse for not going to the gym at lunch! Well I might go... We'll see!

facebook is really surprising me recently - I've had an ex boyfriend. THE ex who made me mad enough to start losing weight and then I got to trawl through the pictures of his WIFE who looks EXACTLY LIKE ME!!!!!!!! That is so freaky! But I am consoling myself with the fact that he has a boring life, and by comparison I am fantastic Then I remembered a girl's name from when I was growing up and looked her up, and there she was, and she's lovely and friendly and happy and oooooooooooooh it's so nice! I've also got an invitation for a Christmas party through facebook from a girl I haven't spoken to since school! It's like regressing!

Anyway, more kickboxing tonight, my eating has been reasonable for the past couple of days and my biceps are bulging, so life is good! Must sort myself out for the Great North Run sometime before Saturday morning.... I think I might be packing after class on Friday, and I'd like some sleep sometime. I might be dozing on the train

Last edited by 2frustrated; 09-27-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:14 AM   #96  

Cat90 - you mentioning bears reminded me in a newspaper this week a lady had taken a photo of a family (Ma & 2 babies). They found her hammock and had a lot of fun on it, although Ma bear got a bit cross that the kids were taking too long on it and got them off!!! I think the lady lived in New Jersey - funny, I know the Sopranos 'live' there but I never figured it for 'bear country' but being an ignorant Limey - it could be teaming with bears for all I know!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #97  

OOOOH! It is a bit windy outside. I am on 11th floor at work and there is a whistling sound down the corridor. It sounds worse than it is because of being in a tower block but blimey - you think there was a hurricane outside (yes I did check and there isn't!).
Old 09-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #98  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

Update on my job problem - I can start once I've had a medical which is scheduled for tomorrow so should be starting on Monday.
I'm having a day off from the diet. My first since I started in April. Just don't feel like calorie counting today. In fact don't feel like doing anything. I have my end of year assignment to do for Uni, it has to be in the post a week tomorrow. Only started it today.
Tomorrow is another day.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Didn't do that much today. My parents came round for breakfast I was still in my bed when they knocked about 10.15am. I cooked them a hearty breakfast, my mother wolfed it down but my father was only able to manage scrambled eggs on toast I say only he was well able for it too I gave him four eggs. The day before he'd said to me girl I'm not drinking anymore so I said ahhh dad you'd miss your old pint. He says not at all girl I have the racing channel your mother and Kitty so I will be fine. Anyway today he eats this huge brekkie and says he is full then says a man could fancy a pint after this so off he went on his mobility scooter for his pint of Guiness. He never lost it did he!!!

The rest of the day was spent chilling really oh and I did an online shop at Sainsburys it took me ages.

The the big fella came in from school and went straight to the gym the little fella didn't show up till gone five I was beginning to worry. Anyway he strolls in about 5.45pm with one of his crew and says he had been to the youth club straight from school to and I quote " to cut a track" he thinks he the next big thing on the rapping scene. His name is Hitz oh he does make me laugh.

This evening I went walking with Mandy and another girl (the tall girls) we were out for about an hour and a half. I'm going to gym on Saturday morning as tomorrow night I'm out for a leaving do so that means drink and food. Providing I'm not hungover although I'm planning not to go mad on drink.

Not much else happening here

Goodnight godbless
Michele

Last edited by micheleherts; 09-27-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #100  

Miche - I have a lovely vision of your dad on his mobility scooter 'tearing up the road' on his way to get his pint!!! I wish my mum was using hers but she does not get on with it at all. She is frightened of falling off it! God I hope I do not end up like her. When I think, when she was younger how she used to go off 'with the girls' and play tennis, gad about Chinatown with my Dad (he could walk for England , that man - he used to take us kids out for a walk and we were always sorry afterwards!!!) and all - now she can hardly move around her own house!

2frus - the bit about the new girlfriend looking like you - men do that a lot - they are essentially very lazy creatures - they usually replace you quickly and well it is an awful bother going to look for something new when you can get the 'mark II model', an exact replica - they like change but still like the familiar!!! Who'd give 'em house room?????
Old 09-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #101  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls

New job is killing me slept all of 23 minutes on wednesday night don't know if it was the anticipation of a new job or just the insomnia last night was'nt much better today I feel like i've got grit in my eyes going for a shower soon so that will hopefully do the trick then i'm off to see Def Leppard

peacock, I saw a video on the telly that showed two baby bears having a right old time trying to get on a hammock then Mom came along and shooed them away the old lady that filmed it went out into her yard and was grunting at Mommy bear to shoo her out of her yard !!! and IT WORKED

Right its 4.30 so i'm off for a shower then i'm off downtown to
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #102  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi girls,

Why oh why do I do it? I've just been out for dinner with my lovely hubs, and I chose oh so carefully, baked haddock with a lobster filling delish, butternut squash and riice (didn't eat the rice, too many carbs) but I can't resist the bloody dessert....cheesecake....and I was already full!

I have my final six week class Monday night, I'm the failure of it, gained three pounds...hopefully it'll teach my lovely ladies not to do as I do, but to do as I say

Jen, hope you're knee is holding up, Helen, when is the NY race? Michelle, hope your Mum and Dad are as happy as ever, they really are a blessing to you aren't they? I love your stories about them

CG, you're very quiet... where are you and what are you eating?

Peacock, congrats on the new job, has it started yet? KB, good luck with your first day on Monday.

SG, hello, thanks for the welcome back. Cat, enjoy Def Leppard..I know all the words to all the sngs, have a good rocking session my woman.

Hello to anyone I've missed... SA... I miss you something rotten And RSG, where are you at luv?

Enjoy your SUnday's.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #103  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Chris I'm here couldn't sleep.

What am I eating pretty much what I want

Sounds like a nice dinner you had with hubs. Don't worry about the 3 lbs you'll get them off quick. Remember your mum was with you for a month and she brought 50lbs of chocolate.

I was supposed to go for an Indian meal with my friend last week but her daughter went into labour, so we've rescheduled it for next week.

RSG is celebrating, the Red Sox made the playoffs.

Cat good luck on your new job.

I saw the video of those black bears in the woman's backyard. She had no fear of those animals. Someone needs to remind her they are black bears and winter will be coming and they get hungry.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Well and here's a surprise aren't I hungover. Mind you the girlies and I had a great night we were celebrating a birthday. We started off in a local pub then went into St Albans to another pub then to a beer festival that was taking place then went on to some club. We danced like mad eejits all night then got home about 3ish.

When I got in I had a bit of a chocolate munch some of the chooccy I bought back from Ireland, some choccy I got from Sainsburys and probably something else that I can't remember. I got up to find my underwear on the stairs and also a choccy wrapper. My clothes were on heap in the living room floor. Oh the way hubby was in bed so it wasn't because of any shenanigans. I vaguely remember sitting starkers chomping my chocolate on the stairs I am just too weird.

I must do some exercise as I've got very lazy again since I got back from Ireland I have walked but I need to break a sweat I think.

The house is very quiet hubby has gone to his mother's the little fella stayed at his friend's last night and surely didn't sleep much as he came home and promptly conked it out, the big fella has gone fishing.

Before I went out last night I had a couple of glasses of Rose this makes me very tipsy very quickly and being lighter I can't drink at all these days although I give it a good old go. Anyway I was drinking and dancing to a cd Conor comes downstairs from his room and just kind of looks up to the ceiling and says again 43 !!!!!!!!!

I had intended going to mass this morning.

Have a restful Sunday eveyrone

Michele
Old 09-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #105  

Hi Ladies I'm here.

Rembarkably I'm not hungover today but only because I had my weekend during the week. I went to two sox games this week on Tuesday and Weds and drank and ate too much at both of them. So I decided on a non-drinking weekend. Now the sox are in the playoffs which means another month of bad behavior. I remember in 2004 when we won the world series I had a doc appt and told her she must subtract 5 lbs from my weight due to the fact that I had pretty much been in a bar for the entire playoffs.

Cat and Peacock good luck with the new jobs.

Michelle I really wish one of your sons had found you eating the chocolate nude!!! Have a nice restful day, try to find some chick movies to watch.

I'm just ate a huge bagel, in an hour I'm off to attempt 10 miles. My half marathon is next weekend. I am not remotely prepared. Since school started I have class 2 nights a week and it's been so hot I've barely been able to run. Today is beautiful though we'll see if I can last for 10. I always feel like I can physically do it, honestly though after an hour or so of running I get bored.

After my run I'm having lunch with my SIL and then we are walking around the city to look at some artists open studios, should be fun.

Have a great day all.
Closed Thread