3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Easter Presents (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/108562-easter-presents.html)

2frustrated 03-30-2007 09:52 AM

Easter Presents

Well I want to get my class a "little something" since it's Easter.

NONE of them are Christian... Not that that really matters, but it's something I'd like to do since we will be taking a week off because of the bank holiday Monday.

Thing is I'm not sure that I want to give them Creme Eggs or chocolate or anything like that. I could make them "healthy" Easter biscuits or something, but it's still food as a reward, which I'm not sure I'd like to encourage.

Anyone got any other suggestions as to what cute little things I could give out? I could maybe do balloons or something.... Or..ugh... stuck. See, THIS is why everyone dishes out chocolate - it's EASY!!! :lol:

So yeah, everything Eastery is foodie. I could give them crusifixes :devil: but I don't think that'd go down too well!

Clydegirl 03-30-2007 10:15 AM

What about making up little baskets.

You could put in a wee book/ stuffed animal and some of the plastic eggs that you can put chocolate in. You can buy the grass, eggs and mini cream eggs really cheap. Don't know how much that would cost in the UK, how much are you willing to spend?

2frustrated 03-30-2007 10:32 AM

I'm talking less than 50p here! :D I dunno, less than a quid each - I've got 10 brattlings ranging from 5 to 13.

Clydegirl 03-30-2007 10:39 AM

Oops forget the baskets.

What can you get for 50p?

Luxorbea 03-30-2007 12:37 PM

I just happened upon this thread, so hi :D

I hate giving candy too. Usually, I give out stationary supplies. Pencils (maybe you can find some with eggs printed on them?) notepads, erasers. Last year, my daughter's teacher gave each child a large stamp (like you can get from the craft store for real cheap) you can get those in all kinds of shapes.

devil ish 03-30-2007 01:55 PM

Little fluffy Easter chicks????????

Doughnut 03-30-2007 02:15 PM

Beef jerkey? :D

veggie 03-31-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxorbea (Post 1633009)
I just happened upon this thread, so hi :D

I hate giving candy too. Usually, I give out stationary supplies. Pencils (maybe you can find some with eggs printed on them?) notepads, erasers. Last year, my daughter's teacher gave each child a large stamp (like you can get from the craft store for real cheap) you can get those in all kinds of shapes.

One of my fave gifts as a child was pencils with my name on. :lol: :o I quite fancy a pencil with an egg on it myself! I also like buying notebooks. :p

veggie 03-31-2007 08:30 AM

Ooh maybe you could get some pencils with the name of your group on them. :shrug: I want a creme egg now though.

Actually if you gave a 13 year old a pencil they'd probably stab you with it. :p

2frustrated 04-02-2007 03:50 AM

:rofl: Well it's class tonight, so I might either be a BIG MEANEY and not get anything, or depending on whether my pay's gone in yet :tantrum: I might get some Creme Eggs or something.

Sarah Ann 04-02-2007 09:45 AM

So? What did you get?? We had some lovely fluffy chicks and bunnies for sale in the PO for 50p each. The local teachers all seemed to be buying them in bulk along with creme eggs.

2frustrated 04-02-2007 09:50 AM

I haven't bought anything and class is tonight! :rolleyes:

I was in Tesco at lunchtime and they had soft toy bunny rabbits for 97p but I don't think they'd go down well. I was going to buy a few Creme Eggs but they didn't have any at all! :doh: Tescos were rubbish for me today.

I think I will stop off at the petrol station on my way there and grab some Creme Eggs. It's the easy option, but I know Lee has bought Creme Eggs for his lot, so I suppose it's only fair.

:bunny2: