UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #106  

Perhaps Lou's kitty is dusting the top of the wardrobe! Maybe he is a bit of a Kim and Aggie!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #107  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Chris - He just laughed and did the normal thing. Then I told him he had to bath the dogs because they smelled all swampy.

I'm going to keep quiet about the whole Bulgaria thing and that its just a passing phase. I know he's not particularly happy where he works and doesn't much like the idea of getting old in this country because a few years ago he talked about moving to Australia, Canada and Spain (not all at the same time, obviously!) I wouldn't mind moving away - after all, home is where the heart is. Before, when he was talking about Australia, Canada and Spain, my daughter was still alive, so I was a bit ambivalent about moving away but now things are different. Even so, it would be nice to speak the language and have some method of earning a living/creating an income.

I just don't understand why Bulgaria - of all the countries in the world!

I just googled and I can't find any mention of evening classes in Bulgarian anywhere.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #108  

Sarah Ann- I think he is influenced by all those tv progs about buying abroad.

All very well but they don't have a natioanl Health service like we do or the means to look after their old folk like we do - whatever you think of the state of Britain - people going to live abroad have found out that with no family to look after them when things go wrong - BIG problems. Plus I read somewhere of some English people living in Bulgaria who said if you house is burgled the polico do nothing about the crooks unles they have burgled it 3 times! Not sure if it means the people have burgled 3 times or hour house is done three times.Different countries have very different ideas of law etc.

Plus any language barries not helpful. It amazes me that people are prepared to buy soemthing as expensive as a house in a country they cannot speak or read the language in. How do they expect to cope? I know of an oldish greek guy that is now planning to live in Cephalonia (coming from UK),. Well, ok he speaks the language and he drives. His wife does neither. What happens if he dies??????
Old 01-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #109  

yup.. he has a bed.. re-named "cushion of love"... will leave that to you imaginations.. but he has been done..

i think he just wants to go out now so trying to amusin himself with anythign he can.. even tho i play with him lots.. i guess its not the same.. (prob our equivellant of gym Vs outside lol) ... will have to wait until he knows his name... think were decided on Misha..

been to the library got a stack of articles.. not sure how / where to start as i dont know what im on about but oh well... will see.. better crack on n read this small rain forest.. !

lou xx
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #110  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls. Just got back from the clinic had my cholesterol re-checked. Will be interesting to see how much it's come down.

frus for yesterday. Chocolate covered orange slices yum.

My neck is a lot better, can't wait to get off these steroids. They make me feel yucky. Haven't been to curves in ages.

Sarah I hope you get an appointment and get something for your back. Get something for your rash who knows what you picked up in that bog I am still not sleeping well. The pain is worse at night and the painkillers take the edge off.

Bulgaria wow interesting choice of country. Maybe it's just the new year getting itchy feet.

Like Chris said my hubby is american still in the air force. He is close to retirement now. We probably have some big decisions coming up this year. My children are more american than british. They will probably never move back there. We moved so much when they were little. Home is where the air force sends us.

I need to clean, my house is such a mess. Maybe I'll get something done later on
Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #111  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I saw this http://www.britmilfit.com/classes.aspx and I think I want to go!!! I'd to go with DH but I doubt he'd come with me I might persuade him!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #112  

I saw that scary BMF thing in the paper yesterday I think you'd fit right in Frus.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #113  
aka Superwoman!

Really? Which paper was that? I just remembered it from some random fitness article I saw a few months ago...
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #114  

Observer or Times.

Edit - Guardian mag on Saturday.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #115  

oo yup i saw that in a google i did ages ago.... i guess ur goin for green bibs..

was goin to go but think i need to get better 1st... get my MRI see if i can run or whatever...
Old 01-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #116  
aka Superwoman!

I think I might start out in Red and progress to green...

If you ever want to go - I will join you. DH says it looks like PE lessons. HUFF
Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #117  

Chris it was baklava, plus about 5 other varieties, cookies, nut roll...all kinds of stuff all made from scratch. I have a loaf of homemade bread in the freezer too, nobody is getting their paws on that!!!!

This weather is making me want to crawl straight back to bed, I came home for lunch just to sit on the couch for a while.

Lou your kitty story makes me laugh, I have the oddest cat she is so easy, doesn't claw at much just is really lazy. Then she will randomly attack someone. Last night she was so mean to my SIL who always feeds her when I travel, and she hates my Mom, always lashes at her. Then strolls back in the room like "all is well, please pet me now." She shot me a look when I walked in for lunch I think she likes her alone time during the day.

Michelle hope Dad continues to do well.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #118  

frus.. is that £33 a session!.. if u go for a one off... apart from "clinical trial".. ops i mean "free trial" ... grrr... damn interview !.. lol..

Hyde park would be gd.... not sure im up to it yet tho... & as im off sick i would be seen no doubt!.... i go spinning as its my legs that do the work.. so i think i can get away with that..... not been running.. since the summer..eeek...
Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #119  
aka Superwoman!

It's £33 a month for 4 sessions (1 a week) and it reckons if you miss a week it will carry over into next month, but you can only carry sessions over for one month...

I was looking at the 7pm slot on Wednesday would be good for me in Hyde Park but I'm not sure if I'd make it every week - I was thinking I'd maybe buy the 10 random sessions for £100 I would decide after going for the clinical trial...
Old 01-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #120  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Back to running club tonight, I haven't missed those hills! I only did the shortish run tonight, 5.75 miles, but hopefully it will be about 12.5 on Wednesday.

Today's eating has been almost angelic, other than a couple of squares of wine flavour chocolate and three little toffees at work. You can tell it's new year though, with all the people at the gym and the fruit in the fridge at work
Closed Thread