Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 09:58 AM   #1  
'Per Ardua ad Astra'

Default Meritorious Monday!

Ah, It's MONDAY!

Let's make it a Meritorious Monday!

Why, because we are all deserving of praise!
So my Magnificent Monday Mentors, let's have a great week!

Got my house all to myself again! Yay!
My thermometer says it is -35 out, so yikes! I doubt if I will leave my snug little nest today!

I stepped on the scale this morning and that pound is gone so it looks like I will have a stay the same or a small loss. This means I have to adjust my Fab 40 mentality, what do you think about 40 weeks no gains? That should put me at goal and still keep the FAB 40 theme going. It is "that time" for me so I should do better next week.

How was everybody's weekend? I finally got to see Lord of the Rings, and loved it. It was very long tho, my butt was sore afterwards. My daughter had a sleepover and my son took off for Saskatoon, so we were childless for a day. Too bad I was PMSing, I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have.

My best friend in the entire UNIVERSE will be here Feb 6! I can hardly wait. We have been supposed to hook up so many times and something always happens. Please Lord, let her make it this time! She was supposed to come the end of Sept for a week but the increased security posture after 9/11 kept her very busy.

Summer, send my pal Carol some of your supercharged Cosmic Vibes so she actually makes it here! She is attending a Flight Safety course in Winnepeg so this splits her journey up nicely.

Well, must clean up the aftermath of our weekend and hit the treadmill, so have a Meritorious Monday one and all!

{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

CC

Last edited by flatlander; 01-28-2002 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:16 AM   #2  

Question HI

Hi Everybody.
It is hard to believe that Jan is almost over already. Just seems like it was new years day. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Just washing clothes. For 3 people in a house. I have no idea where all the dirty clothes come from.

I have a question about hot dogs. Are they allowed on the SB and WW plan. The ones I got are Ball Park Fat Free Franks.
They have
40 cals
0 Fat
0 Fiber
2g Sugar
My son wants hot dogs tonight. So I got these. Wasnt sure wether to eat one or not. I know the sodium is high. I think it was 400mg. So will have to drink alot of water.

Well better go. Take care!! Hope everyone has a good Mon.
A TOPS PAL
Old 01-28-2002, 11:44 AM   #3  
On the right path

Meritorious Monday??? Gee, CC is already going to make me get some activity in trying to find the dictionary!!! That in itself could be interesting around here, but I look forward to the challange to see what type of a Monday it is!

CC, Here are some {{{{{{'tripping' VIBES }}}}}}}} for your friend to make it there. Does she know how well you have done with losing weight? 40 weeks without a gain would be a wonderful accomplishment and what an honor to yourself on this milestone in your life.

CoCo, it's good that you are into better eating habits. Congratulations!! I don't know about the hot dogs though.

Sherri, You are doing great being OP. You sound pumped and now you have a weekend to look forward to with Megan. Little kids cling onto promises like that, so know you are locked into it.

I am going to restart a weekly goal thread. It's been a long time and I know it helped a few of us to stay vigilant with doing one or two things. Yesterday I walked 45 minutes AND rode 5 miles [<25min]. Hope to see you all on that thread...and it does not have to be an exercise...could be some other weight loss objective.

Have a great day everyone!!!! Let's keep our beautiful chin up and held high. WE WILL DO THIS!!!! Eleni, I miss you....hope your doing OK!

TOPS Hugs,
Summer
Old 01-28-2002, 12:14 PM   #4  

Default Meritorious Meaning

I was like Summer. Wasn't sure what meritorious meant. Looked it up. Means having merit. Deserving reward or praise. Good thing for Webster.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:12 PM   #5  
'Per Ardua ad Astra'

Oh, alright already, see you guys deserve praise for learning something new today!

I promise I will stick to the same old Magnificent Monday from now on. (boring) But can I try Tenuous Tuesday? Scintillating Saturday?

CC
Old 01-28-2002, 01:59 PM   #6  
On the right path

How about SEXY SATURDAYS to boost the self esteem and work off some weekend calories???

Last edited by summer8386; 01-28-2002 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #7  
'Per Ardua ad Astra'

OOOhhh, OK!

the old man will LOVE that one!

CC
Old 01-28-2002, 05:26 PM   #8  

Flatlander....I hope your best friend makes it too....and THANK YOU a whole lot for the Pledges, I've printed them out and will value them forever....and read them often as well, and attempt to live them.

Where is your best friend coming from? How long will they be there?

I went to the first day of an Enneagram Workshop (2 hrs. for the next 2 Mondays), it was VERY interesting....I like the personality and nature I am, but will attempt to "trim" off some of my pointy edges, self growth is what this life is about - or at least that's what I think.

See you all tomorrow, and thanks again Flat....
Old 01-28-2002, 07:44 PM   #9  
Working My Way Happy!

Kermie,

So what is this workshop all about anyway. Never heard of that before. I hope all is well with you. Sounds like you had a good time at the workshop so that is always a plus.

Summer,

Don't worry about me letting megan down girl. I intend on getting to goal. That is why I told her we would go. I am working very hard to do the right things and I really believe that by switching to the SB plan and sticking to my WW points that I will get there faster. Which is okay because at least I know I am eating healthy and making a lot better choices for food. Just getting rid of the refined sugar is a big deal for me. I haven't had any problems giving up the potatoes. I haven't even craved then until last night when I made a boiled dinner. I ate the ham and the cabbage and made brown rice with gravy for me. It just wasn't the same and from smelling them I just had to have one. But guess what? I DIDN'T HAVE ANY POTATOES. It was so hard last night I was craving them like crazy but I forced myself to make it through. I had a tossed salad and an apple for a snack instead of the popcorn.So that was a much better choice to. I was hungry last night. I think it is because I wanted the potatoes and didn't have them. I just wish I knew when I would be at goal. But I know I will make it. That is why I told megan so that way I would have to make it. I would never let her down. Just like the tubing. I am hoping for a big loss this week and it will get me closer to the tubing trip. I only have 5 lbs to go then I will be there. I can't wait. We will go soon though within a couple of weeks for sure. I just might make my valentine's day goal this time around. That would be great. Even better if I exceed it. That means I am closer to goal.
So how are you doing with the eating? I know you have been doing a great job with the exercise. I am so proud of you for getting back on track there. You should have a loss this week also. Keep up the great work girl.

CoCo,

As far as the WW plan goes everything is legal as long as you count your points and stick to them within your range. What you have to remember is what you do with your points counts. The plan won't work if you use all your points for junk food for instance. So the healthier choices you make the healthier you will become, you can eat more food in the day, and you will lose the weight.
The hotdogs are 1 pt a pc. So that is great. I would rather have them grilled myself. They are okay but not too hot I thought. I am glad your family liked them. Sounds like you are breaking them in right with the new plan. That is great that you are making them eat the same way. It makes it easier on you cooking wise and you are making them healthier also. Sounds like you have a great family. My husband won't try the plan. He said he hates wheat stuff. Won't even try it. So I have to make the potatoes for him every night and then my rice for me or the noodles with alfredo sauce. It makes it harder in the kitchen but worth it in the end. If this is what it takes to lose this weight then it is worth it for sure. I can eat the wheat stuff forever.
You are making great choices and you are getting the plan also. So that is great. Just give your self time to adjust to it. They say that sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks to notice a difference that you body has to get over the cravings and go through the withdrawal of the sugar. I had a headache the first couple of days but now I am fine. You hang in there. You are doing great.

CC,

You are doing awesome. I think you are on a roll and it is very possible for you to make it to 40 weeks without a gain. Also don't worry so much about your scale. It probably will be different from the tops scale anyway. You are doing awesome. Are you still doing the SB plan? I know you had a huge loss a week ago. Keep it up girl. Do you feel different since you started it? I do and I can't explain it. I don't have a lot more energy. But I feel better. Does anyone know what I mean here? We are treating our bodies better and they will like us better for it.
That is great that your friend is coming to see you. I really hope it works out for you both. That is great when you can spend time with a friend.
Glad you have your house back. It must have been nice to have an evening to yourself without any kids. Even though it was the wrong week.

I am with the other ladies on today's word. I didn't have a clue what it meant either. Are you a librarian or something?LOL I don't know a lot of big words.LOL I don't get out much. But it is nice to learn something new everyday. We have to learn at least 1 new thing a day.

I am off to the gym tomorrow and then I will work my phone job when I get home in the afternoon. Today it was so great to only work the one job and be free the rest of the day. I can get used to this. I love it. I exercised 30 min to my aerobic tape (low impact). I am making time in the morning for exercise again. So tomorrow I can just go and enjoy the sauna and jacuzzi and relax. I can actually think of nothing tomorrow now that the big things have been taken care of and they are not weighing on my mind anymore. I am a lot less stressed now finally.

You all have a great day and I will talk to you tomorrow before I start work here at home.

Eleni,

How are you doing girl? I miss you. I hope everything is going good for you lately. I am getting worried about you.

Sherri
Old 01-28-2002, 09:54 PM   #10  

Cool

There is no weight report for me tonight because I have a cold and decided it was best to stay home and get some rest.
Closed Thread