More Cowbell!

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • I dispensed with a more traditional holidayish thread name... in favor for one of the BEST SNL skits EVER

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages...e-cowbell.html

Unfortunately since utube is now corporate owned, NBC has taken the skit off the site...I don't know how long this one will be around...
  • It's taking forever to load on my coal-burning puter. Does it start with Blue Oyster Cult? Should I wait? Maybe I'll do it on the weekend. Whaddaya think? Why am I awake? How can I trim kitty's nails? This is kitty who ripped my vein open. Jumpy kitty. Cold here. Water running all night. Sleepy. Not sleeping. Why is Santa bigger than other old elves. "Right jolly old elf. I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself." Why so bigger? Explalin. I am so sleepy. Have I been hypnotized? Have you ever made butter?
  • PeachElf` ooooh yes, the download is worth it -even if you have to hand crank it. I just hope it's decent enough quality.
    Skip clipping kittys claws- knit her darling little booties. Kitten Mittens.. yes,!!! perhaps they will catch on and you will become a wealthy knitting maven!
    Santa was the biggest elf and he bullied he's way to the top of elfdom, now all the little elf gansta's gotta do the old mans biding.

are you napping?
  • shots .. you have to go back to the old thead and leave a message that you started a new thread. How will people know to come here? You have broken a rule.
  • I found you all!
    This isn't MY cat, but I thought he/she was appropriately festive.
  • Quote: Unfortunately since utube is now corporate owned, NBC has taken the skit off the site...
    That makes me I wondered why the big media would want to own that, I should have realized they only wanted to censor it.

But, ah, Shvetty Balls, how Christmasy!

Quote: Why is Santa bigger than other old elves. "Right jolly old elf. I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself." Why so bigger? Explalin. I am so sleepy. Have I been hypnotized? Have you ever made butter?
    Santa just ate more. Elves get bigger as they get older. Santa has to harvest them at a certain age and send them to shopping centers to ring bells. And Yes. And Yes.

Jet and I had our last flyball class last night. She did rather well, although they didn't let her get the tennis ball yet (I can't blame them, she is so wild and hard to control I'm sure they don't think she can handle it). But she successfully ran up the hurdles and did her swimmer's turn on the box several times. Only catch was I had to run with her because she wouldn't go away from me or towards anyone else. Little mama's girl. (Obviously those pics are not of Jet, in case anyone was wondering) So it was rather exhausting when combined with the effort to keep her from bursting uncontrollably toward the automatic doors when she was supposed to be quietly watching the dogs do their thing. At one point she was barking loudly at the dog doing his jumps, so I went to walk her around the store (this is in a pet store) and she sat down and wouldn't move! Someone asked me if she was part donkey...I couldn't argue with her.

OT is fun. Not helping, but it's interesting.

I miss Wabbit. Hope she is doing okay.

Kiwi
  • we miss wabbit---i hope she can stop by sometime soon -----we love her so much.......
  • That doggie stuff looks like fun ..... but a spectator sport. Is Kiwi doing the swimmer's turn? Is Kiwi jumping hurdles? Or is Kiwi standing with arms crossed and making plans to pick up pizza on the way home?????

We made reindeer cookies at school. One kid said they were Mickey Mouse. One said she has cookies at home and didn't to make any. (brat) Two didn't get the whole concept and tried to cover Dasher's face with this antlers. But they were proud of the finished product and so was I.

Ditto on the Wabby thoughts.
  • i want some reindeer cookies----kiwonkers,you should get jette some of those antlers that they have attached to a headband and take her Christmas picture---the pet store here has a Santa that people are taking their pets to for photos!!!!! funny!!
  • I want to see Kiwi and Jet in matching handbands. Kiwi will not have to leap over hurdles if I can see this.

I have an observation about Tony Soprano. In the many scenes where he's having sex with the many women, he's flabby and listless and he lies there while the thin women in high heels service him in all those ways the show makes us aware of. But ... when Tony loses his temper with any man, Tony easily throws him into the wall and beats him up in any way he chooses at the moment. Does this makes sense? Does Tony work out? They don't show that.

Anyway, I'm here to batch. This is my batch. I have learned that a couple of people to whom I've given hand knitted socks, do not look upon these socks as real articles of clothing to wear in public. They call them their "sleep socks." They are "warm and fuzzy." People tell me not to be offended by this but I am. It's like I'm not being taken seriously. These are REAL SOCKS and Bagz and Sugar better stick their feet in them, cover them with shoes and go outside !!!!!
  • sleep sox be damned
    i have FLEECE for my sleep sox----these cowpernsox are most definitely for hanging out in snowdrifts--------------if i could just resize my pics and send you one---but i have to go to work---maybe i will figure it out over the holidays when my brother comes home for a visit---he moved to Ottawa and i miss him.
  • I would treat your socks with the respect they deserve, despite the disparaging remarks about my choice of dog sports. Ahem, I wish I could have stood there and pointed to the hurdles and told Jet to go over them. Au contraire, mon frere, I can still feel it in my thighs all the running back and forth. However, my hope is still to get to the point where flyball would be a spectator and my job would be to hand out cookies at the end.

Must go; I'm driving to Boston to go to DD's dance class open house. Exhaustion awaits tomorrow.

tata
    Kiwi
  • Reindeer cookies! I want some. It used to drive me mad when my kids put three eyes on the gingerbread men but I held my tongue.

I SWEAR I've been wearing my lovely socks inside my shoes when I go walking outside. I love my socks. Pictures soon!

I am so glad I finally got to see that more cowbell thing. The things you miss when you move away from civilization.

Had to go to an afternoon coffee thing today put on by the teacher who organizes the library volunteers. It was in her fancy basement There was tea and coffee and tons of cake. And sherry and champagne. I had a teeny tiny bit of sherry, everyone else made up for it. Then they all went home to make dinner for their families in a drunken state. Tsk.

I miss Wabby too.
  • what happened to shots? After she started this thread and I scolded her, she dishappeared (that's how the kids talk). Was I too harsh? Shots you can go play now> Timeout is over.

Thank you both for wearing the socks. Here's another batch: I posted this batch on the sock knitters list and some people understood and agreed but the rest actually JUDGED ME as a person who does not give freely. One said my recipients did not wear their socks between the prescribed hours. Nasty people. I am counting to 10 or something before answering if I do. Big Stupid Bald Heads (also how the kids talk).

I saw most of the cowbell thing. After he says, "Can I say one thing .." what happens? Does he announce the show?
  • Heh, I love that skit. But then, I just think Will Ferrell is funny funny stuff....