3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   More Cowbell! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/99306-more-cowbell.html)

Kiwonk 12-18-2006 02:53 AM

Oompa Loompa Dibbidy Doo
I've got a perfect riddle for you:

Where are the Schatzis going on vacation?? :chin: I say either Russia or Egypt.

Am I close?

I am supposed to be wrapping presents and making my packing list. I have to get up in less than 4 hours and go to OT, then come home and pack and leave. I will be dead dead dead on my feet feet feet.

Did have fun today; took Jet to the big city for a flyball demo. There were a bunch of other dogs there, most of them team members, who knew what they were doing. But she got to practice too, and the leader lady had some suggestions that were good. Then I spent 4 hours shopping my arse off. Then I had to hightail it to Stinkytown to drop the dog off at the vet for her Christmas vacation. I am exhausted.

I bought myself some stuff. heh heh $3 t-shirts at ACMoore. They have Hanes t-shirts in every conceivable color for $3/each. I also bought some nice shoes. Haven't bought nice shoes in a long time. I was getting slippers for DH and they were buy 1, get one half price, so I went for it. I'm was delighted to see that shoe fashions have finally gotten back around to my taste. (Most of you are probably saying "where are the decent shoes this year?" I am shoe strange. I like low heels and loafery things, I don't venture far afield from those.

Strangely enough, I just acquired a free pair of Doc Martens yesterday. But those are not what you call "nice" shoes, they are more like what I wear all the time anyway. Clunky, y'know.

I'm babbling, I know, I've got to jot down some packing reminders and go to bed. The awful thing is I haven't gotten hardly any wrapping done. DH is going to ***** all day tomorrow. I'll be bringing the wrapping paper etc to the motel room....

Tata, will be gone for a couple, probably on and off line over the next week or so. Have a wonderful.

Kiwi

Schatzi 12-18-2006 02:20 PM

Have a nice visit Kiwi and clan!
Where is everybuddy?
I am cleaning... we'll be heading out to Jersey the 23rd and will be back maybe around the 4th. so checkin fer me will be sporatic...

DH wants to go on a Cattle Drive :rolleyes: for vacation... ala City Slickers.... I think NOT!

Cherry Cow 12-18-2006 06:58 PM

I was going to guess white-water rafting, but I don't think I ever would have guessed cattle drive! If it were my family, I would go SKIING! I hope when I'm a super-rich liberry skool perfesser I'll be able to ski every year.

Thanks for the congrats!

Cards not mailed out yet. I'm in denial about Christmas being next Monday.

I'm taking another step in my dietary evolution. I'm going to try to go a bit more raw, at least over break. I have four weeks at home, so I'll be able to deal with it. I'm also considering trying to do a video documentary of my weight loss next year. (Perhaps even culminating in the high school reunion trip in the fall, which probably won't happen since DH is not consistently working at this time.)

I'm very curious to know what the dirty word is in Kiwi's post. I can't even begin to guess.

Bagzz 12-19-2006 04:22 PM

this place is deserted!!! everyone is off doing whatever must be done---just a note to Wabby that you are constantly in our thoughts,and hope we can all get together here after the rush has abated----------i am looking forward to some peace and quiet. {and snow--we have no snow---it's just cold and windy}hope you cows are all well and the flu hasn't struck.xoxox Peace Out.

Schatzi 12-19-2006 06:16 PM

Skis are packed Cherry Pie... well, ok not really. They're waiting for me in Scranton...as we leave NJ and head for PA to celebrate the new year with dear friends who live on Elk Mountain.. A smallish ski place- but good enuf fer these old bones! Skiing is pricey no doubt! I say I've "been down" black diamonds" (note, I didn't say skied..:lol: And we love to WW raft.. been down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon for 10 days and nights.. I would love to take a WW kayak clinic for a week...perhaps I can tawk DH into that instead of this cattle drive thingy.)

Kiwini is probably on the road still or drinking egg nog with her feet propped up in her style forward low heeled loafers. Shes smart that Kiwi, I bet her feet have nary a bunion nor has she ever suffered a fallen arch.

Cowie-- are you trying to wedge yourself between DS and LCP-- or baking cupcakes for your little charges???

Sug sug sug.. I admire her.. If I cooked and baked as well as her bloggette shows I would be 500 pounds.. In that sense I'm glad she doesnt live close as I would be over her house in a weinersecond .

Bagzz popped in but did not say how the smelly soap store smells or if she completed decorating....Bagzz must learn to post snippets of doings dang it!!!!We miss that effin canadian!

Painty - Where are you ?? Check in !!!!
and yes, our thoughts everyday drift to Wabby - and hope she knows we think of her and DS/DD/DDIL, and Kayden.. and yes Grandpop in the trailer tooo... we know she is surrounded by love and strength and we send all our strong proud cowness to her to add to it..with love...

(very strange that drifted into writing this post in third person - kiwi: critique. painty: analyze

Bagzz 12-19-2006 10:01 PM

shatz!!! the shop smells like cinnamon rose hips-----we are selling a ton of candles and lots of pottery ===mostly mugs and dip plates=---also alot of jewellery-----i am hoping to make enough cash to pay off my bills,pay my taxes and sleep all January!!! we had Book Club Christmas Party tonight==it was lovely====we ate at a Thai restaurant-----i am stuffed!!!the book we read was "a spot of bother"---i didn't really like it that much===regarding your ski adventure planned-----the most fun i had was at a ski lodge in front of the fireplace----i didn't don a pair of skis!!! too scared!!! lodge was lots of fun though!!

SugP 12-20-2006 05:34 AM

no can post

:( I'm here but I've had the fluuuuuu since Sunday night. Bleh. Gettin' over it now. Seems to be evolving into a head cold. Or pneumonia. Only time will tell. Cards not mailed yet either. Tree not up. Food not bought. Panic sets in.

I've gone through all the bad words I know and Kiwi's bad word has one too many stars in it. Hmmm.

Bagzz 12-20-2006 09:41 PM

tree is up but only the lights are on---presents not all bought--nothing wrapped----no food bought---i think i will have Christmas at New Years in stead.

Cowpernia 12-20-2006 10:22 PM

I'm sitting here being all pi**y about ds not being home when I thought he would and ruining my evening as he was off with lcp as usual. Laden with guilt, he comes throught the door and sets up a board game to play with me. We're off on the game when lcp calls. He tells her he'll call her back (guilt guilt) and she immediately sends a text msg. He groans. I ask if he has to go and he hands me the phone. Her dad passed away. He'd been in a coma for weeks.

Christmas at mid-January sounds more relaxing.

SugP 12-21-2006 10:31 AM

blrrrrrgggg!

:( Oh Peachy! I'm so sorry for lcp. Very hard to deal with. Did you say that her parents lived in another state and that she was living with her aunt? :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwonk
I am shoe strange. I like low heels and loafery things, I don't venture far afield from those.
Kiwi

I'm like that too. Rarely find shoes I like - it's all witchy heels and pointy toes around here. That doesn't go well with cobblestones and dog poop.

Your stamp pic is bee-you-tifull, BTW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry Cow
I was going to guess white-water rafting, but I hope when I'm a super-rich liberry skool perfesser I'll be able to ski every year.

You said it! And a belated congratulations from me on your fantastic achievement. I know you've worked long and hard on this.

I want to go skiing too! If only we had some mountains. Or some snow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi
DH wants to go on a Cattle Drive :rolleyes: for vacation... ala City Slickers.... I think NOT!

Yeeh haw! Get along little dogie. Hey, if Billy Crystal could do it you can too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagzz
tree is up but only the lights are on---presents not all bought--nothing wrapped----no food bought---i think i will have Christmas at New Years in stead.

Yes, let's petition to change it this year. I am NOT ready. Stores are closed here Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so I am actually having to think ahead and it's taxing my tiny brain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Sugar cleans a spot then takes pictures of it for her blog. (Sugar, you whole house can't look like that??!!?)

You saw through my cover! You can bet that my whole house does NOT look like that. My house is a pit and depresses me. That's why I clean little tiny corners of it and take pictures so I can look at them when I feel a meltdown coming on. We had to order a new batter charger for the camera because we lost the old one somewhere under the piles o' junk. I'm so ashamed. :o

My sister in law was supposed to have her baby girl by c-section yesterday and Vancouver is being blown away by a hurricane and no one is telling me anything and I drank way too much tea today so I'm up on the ceiling waiting to come down.

What should I make for dinner?

Cowpernia 12-21-2006 06:20 PM

For dinner make latkes and cheese blintzes (freezer section of supermarket) and ham.

Hurricane? I didn't know. Florida hasn't had any this year. !!!

Kiwonk 12-22-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry Cow (Post 1501146)
I'm very curious to know what the dirty word is in Kiwi's post. I can't even begin to guess.

Hee Hee, I didn't really even think it would bleep out. Starts with B.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi (Post 1502128)
They're waiting for me in Scranton...as we leave NJ and head for PA

I drove through Scranton the same day you wrote that! We were on the road 3 days -- stayed overnight in Boston area to wait for DD to be done school and work, drove till fairly late on Tuesday, stayed overnight in W.Va, got to sissie's house 4 PM Wednesday. Wow, does she have her hands full with these 3 kids!! Plus working full time and commuting for both her and her dh. My mom helps out, but it's mostly on DSis. She's a powerhouse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi (Post 1502128)
(very strange that drifted into writing this post in third person - kiwi: critique

Drifting: clearly hoping for a white Christmas. Third person: apparently still believes in Santa Claus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugP (Post 1502421)
I've gone through all the bad words I know and Kiwi's bad word has one too many stars in it. Hmmm.

Rhymes with Rich. You naive little darlings you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowpernia (Post 1503269)
He tells her he'll call her back (guilt guilt) and she immediately sends a text msg. He groans. I ask if he has to go and he hands me the phone. Her dad passed away. He'd been in a coma for weeks.

Oh lord, it's always when you complain about something like that that you get hit with the bad news, isn't it? Poor kid, very hard to deal with losing a parent at that age. Be sure DS knows that she'll appreciate every hug and support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagzz (Post 1503239)
i think i will have Christmas at New Years in stead.

The discussion around here today is that my brother in law would like to move Thanksgiving up so he has more time before Christmas. I suggested we all celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving instead. :twirly:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugP
Your stamp pic is bee-you-tifull, BTW.

Thanks. I can't wait to see how people like them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugP
We had to order a new batter charger for the camera because we lost the old one somewhere under the piles o' junk. I'm so ashamed. :o

Don't feel bad. My skinny cleanie sister and her also cleanie DH have gotten to the point of giving up on vast parts of their house this year. It's very amusing to a point, especially to listen to the BIL talk about his horrifyingly cluttered basement (not) and the mess everywhere in the house (not really). I'll grant you, the kids' rooms are not the shining example of perfection, but who on earth cares?? My sissie has a good attitude; I just hope she is not stressing about it behind a brave face.

I have been trying without success to get online since yesterday, so don't feel like I'm ignoring you! The weather is pretty nice so far on the trip down and here in NC. Apparently rain is in the offing, but I don't care. I'm going swimming tomorrow with the old ladies at my mom's place :) Yeehaw!

Everyone enjoy your families and don't get too stressed out! Love ya
Kiwi

Kiwonk 12-22-2006 01:47 AM

Helpity Help Help!!

Oh I've done it again. My sis is having a party on the day after Christmas and I've volunteered to make one of my fave soups -- Ham and Barley. Now I find I don't have the recipe. I thought I had posted it on here, so I searched my posts. Turns out I must have sent it out in an attachment in an email perhaps 5 or 6 years ago. Don't suppose any of you have it, do you? It's a crockpot recipe, ham, barley, mushrooms. Oh damn. I don't know if I can make it up as I go along...

Or maybe...I could ask the ddbf (who is looking after our kitties) to start up my computer, search for the recipe, copy it and send it in an email. Oh good grief. Maybe I'll just give up.

I'm a twit.

Kiwi

Bagzz 12-22-2006 06:30 AM

damn---i bet wabby has that----she is the recipe queen----hopefully one of us will have it----i can't seem to find it----------HEY I GOT A DVD YESTERDAY----I haven't watched it yet cause i want to ENJOY it!!!!and i am still operating a ZOOOOOOOOOOO at the market----it's fun though and i need the CA$H for all those FOUR people at university!!!SO AFTER THE RUSH I WILL SIT BACK AND ENJOY MY DVD----- i also got a darling card that actually FIT into the envelope!!!----have a great day swimming with the dolls kiwonk!!---sugar!!!! have a great holiday with your lovely boys and Shatz on the ski hills!!------Cherry----also merry holidays to you and all your boys!!!_-peachers darling----don't be surprised at being ignored by the young things---that is how they behave!!!hopefully things will settle down a bit----it's a very difficult time for sure-----------and of course Wabby---we are all thinking about you---there is no question----your beautiful family will surround you with love and your darling Kayden will make you smile for sure---merry christmas my precious cows!!!

Cowpernia 12-22-2006 07:09 AM

I don't have the recipe but I want it.

I did tell ds to call lcp and ask if she'd like some company. She said her uncle would be mad if came over. I asked why. Dunno. Is he often mad? Dunno. What's this about? Dunno. Apparently, she's not going to NY for a funeral or anything which is bad. Early in January, she leaves for Spain for six weeks. I asked Ds how she pays for all this travel (Chlie last year) and he said, "Scholarhships she says." Suggested to me that he has doubts about some stuff she says. Dunno.

Yes, Wabbo could set us straight on a lot of stuff.

Cute British customer yesterday said that Canada is just like England except it's beautiful. Then she said one of her friends said being in Canada is like being in Pakistan or England and she replied that being in England is like being in Moslem country. Being in Dogpatch is like being in Mayberry.