Old 12-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #31  

I don't know what I did before the internet.. I love to shop on line... you can find anything...like my gfren collects camels..Where do you find camels in a mall I ask! but enter Camel in the Google, and Viola! Camels for the taking! What a neat gift idear Kiwi.!!!!
whats this axcent hollaballo aboot eh?
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #32  
loves kleenex box art

I have heard someone say ABOOT. Maybe it was Kiwi. I will drop the aboot discussion and instead want to talk about Bagz's pronuncation of ****. Do you say Hay-ull like a Southerner? Or does it rhyme with Al? Or what?

I have learned 2 things from the kids:
1. You fall in love with them just like with a man. One minute they're of no interest then ZAP they are perfect children and you stand puzzled when someone corrects them for something.
2. These kids have so much to overcome. The most beautiful girl there, age 3, wets her clothes maybe 3 times a day. Her face is smooth and her eyes and smile are dazzling. She's small and dainty and quiet. A few days ago, she started sleeping through nap without wetting herself and the teacher rewarded her with big stickers which made her proud. Then she started pooping in her pants. Twice, this has happened. The wet clothes are washed at school by the teacher but the teacher said she was sending the poopy clothes "home to your mama."

The little girl raised her tiny voice and said, "My mama's gone."

"Gone where?"

"On the bus. She's gone on the bus. She's gone to Colorado." No wonder she's having troubles.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #33  
loves kleenex box art

Did Kiwi get someone a camel? I am lost again.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

PEACHES! You just made me cry! I think you should buy me a camel for that.

That is the saddest thing I have heard in a long time. If my Mommy drove away to Colorado without me I would poop my pants too. Actually my Mommy went away to Idaho when I was 4, but I went with her. Me and my brother. We lived in Idaho for 6 weeks in a little cabin in Sun Valley with a mountain right outside (well, probably a hill; I was only 4). She taught my brother to read because he was missing first grade and I learned to read at the same time. And she went out on dates a couple of times with a very handsome guy. Then my grandparents came to pick us up and we all drove to San Francisco and I sat in the backseat with my Nana and she sang this song to me: "See the Moon, Baby". Then we went on a trolley car and then we went home to Massachusetts. And after that my daddy brought us presents every time we saw him.

We should write a book: Sad Tales of Childhood

I'm still shopping. It takes too long. But I agree with Schatzi. One year we decided to buy an Australian present for our Australian emigre friend, and all we had to do was search for it online and hey! presto we found a place that sold Aussie stuff here in the U.S. Perhaps they sell camels too.

One thing I couldn't find was a gift certificate to a particular restaurant for my nephew. Still looking.

I have been out at a music boosters meeting tonight. The high school is hosting the state jazz festival this year in March and it is quite a big deal, so I am involved in the planning. I volunteered to be in charge of signs. Won't that be dandy?

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #35  
loves kleenex box art

Happy Tales of Childhood:

1. Little boy who kept pulling up my shirtsleeves and asking, "Do you have any cartoons?" (tattoos)

2. Little misbehaving girl who was told she couldn't make cookies with us if she didn't clean up the mess she'd made. Her reply, "I've got cookies at home."

3. Whole series of kids who do not cooperate when I get onto them, yet later in the day hang all over me saying, "Do you know my name?" "I like your shoes," "Can I sit next to you?"

Kiwi, why aren't you done? Have I forgotten something? You'll making me uneasy. Stop shoppping. Should I buy DS and LCP postage stamps with my picture on them?

You're still doing high school stuff. That is so wonderful. If I'd learned anythint while DS was in school, I'd still do it, too. What kind of signs? Get them online.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #36  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i had to order the Calgary Flames hockey calendar on line cause all they have arooond here are Leafs and Habs--------------i may order "a moveable feast" by hemmingway for dd who is heading to paris for new years--------------peachers made me cry AND laugh,kiwi made me laugh---hey ki-------------i still help out with the highschool musicals too!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

Those little kids are a trip.

I don't think you should give the kids postage with your face on it. They will make faces at you.

I have to say I enjoyed working with the music kids. It's not the same without DD and her friends there, but the kids are terrific anyway and it's well worth it. I don't think I can get these signs online... they have to say things like: "Group Pictures will be taken in the Band Room" and "No one allowed into or out of the Auditorium during Performances" and "Spit Valves for sale in Room 107"

Or something like that. I think I will be making these. Or enlisting enthusiastic teenagers to make them for me (I wonder which would be more worK?)

Kiwi
Old 12-12-2006, 01:44 AM   #38  
fatter than U

Cool I'm no angel

Actually, it's quite horrifying to hear ones own voice. And me 'n' Bagzie speak the Queen's English, or at least the CBC English, right Bagz? I think there's something called General American that the newscasters use. Something kind of Midwest and accentless.

That little girl story made me cry too. I want her mom to come back. Ds10 started doing that all of a sudden when he was three and we never found out why. I suspect something was going on at kindergarten and he felt stressed but the teachers said everything was Just Fine. He told me kids used to look over the doors in the bathrooms and no one could just sit there in peace and I suspect that was it. It didn't go on for that long but we had to take him to the doctor and get things sorted out. Yes, those kids can totally steal your heart.

Speaking of the dollar store. When we were on vacation I bought two turkey basters at said store because they don't have 'em here, preferring to burn themselves while basting with a large spoon. So we get back and I'm basting away and the rubber bulby thing on the first baster just splits right down the middle, rendering the baster totally useless. No worries, I had another one, right? Well...the other day I was basting somethin' and it happened AGAIN to the second (cheap dollar store) baster! So here I sit, basterless. Stupid dollar store. That'll teach me. I've wrestled my share of too big cards into too small envelopes. Not very relaxing.

We now have "everything for a Euro" stores. Same crap, different currency.

Oh yeah, and Amazon - we ordered a camera once and the sent us two and billed us for two. Got a refund but it took a while. Yesterday I tried to order a used CD from the Marketplace thingie and they informed me that the seller couldn't receive payments through Amazon Payments (which is how it works here). Huh? That's the only way to pay at the Marketplace. What's with that? I e mailed the seller who of course hasn't answered back. Guess he doesn't want to sell his stuff.

Have I written any cards this year? Nooooo. Have I decorated much? Nooooo. Will I bake cookies today? Possibly.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #39  
loves kleenex box art

Hallelujah!!!

I am listening to the sound of cat litter being shuffled around. This is WONDERFUL because two days ago, I moved the cat box out of the room meant for the new day bed and into the room with the washer. Last night, it was still fresh and I worried that he'd never use it there and was holding it all in to poop on the carpet. So I am relieved.

I agree about hearing my own voice, Sugar. Yours is wonderful.

Those telemarketer people tend to be in Iowa and Nebraska because when they call you they won't have an accent. So I've thought that's what tv new people like Peter Jennings speak. He was very cute, I thought.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:41 AM   #40  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, alllllll the stuff I ordered shows an expected delivery of Dec. 26. They're kidding, right?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #41  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
So here I sit, basterless. Stupid dollar store. That'll teach me.
Yeah, can't expect much for performance from the dollar store. Some things they can't screw up. Doritos. Laundry detergent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Oh yeah, and Amazon....Guess he doesn't want to sell his stuff.
I just had the same thing -- ordered a CD, got a reply from the guy saying thanks for your order etc., the next day I get an email saying they don't actually have that CD and of course we'll refund your money (well, yeah, you think?) I tend to think eBay is better for dealing with unknown dealers and private sellers because the feedback is much tougher. On Amazon you can give a person 1-5 stars, so it's hard to reject someone just because a few people gave them 4s or 3s, but on eBay you can only give Positive, Neutral, or Negative. Much easier to sort out the problem sellers. I'm going back onto Amazon and rate this guy. They have no business advertising things for sale that they don't have; I don't have time for that nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
So I am relieved.
And I'm sure, so is he. Oh, and thank you for sharing.
Quote:
Those telemarketer people tend to be in Iowa and Nebraska because when they call you they won't have an accent. So I've thought that's what tv new people like Peter Jennings speak. He was very cute, I thought.
And yet, Canadian!!! Yes, he was.
Quote:
Kiwi, alllllll the stuff I ordered shows an expected delivery of Dec. 26. They're kidding, right?
Oo, that's a tough one. I don't ever complete an order unless I'm positive it's saying that it will ship before my deadline. Unfortunately some places don't make it clear. Did they give any tracking number? Is it for someone local, so if it shows up on the Saturday before Christmas, you'll be allright? They might be just trying not to guarantee anything, I don't know.

I am learning how to quickly cut and paste without using the mouse. Still having trouble with it, but this new rollerball mouse thing is ambidexterous so when my elbow starts to hurt I can switch it to my left hand. Someday I expect to be up to speed (literally) with it. Probably the same day my elbow stops hurting and I can go back to a regular mouse....

It is a beautiful day here is Kiwiland. Although beastly cold. Took Jet out for another dog walk today with her pals; it must have been in the 20s. Chilly chilly.

Kiwi
Old 12-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

By the way, speaking of shipping and delivery, I am so happy with this Zazzle thing. I hope the end product is as good as the service. I ordered these stamps on Sunday, and I got an email today (with a time-stamp of 4:20 am) saying they have shipped them already. They originally said to allow 2-3 days for processing of the stamps, so this is excellent! Maybe you should get some of these, Peachie!

By the way, I also ordered some cozy slippers for myself and DD (Acorns, Bagz!) from Sierra Trading Post, which lists their address as 5025 Campstool Road, Cheyenne, Wyoming. Does that evoke an image, or what?

Last edited by Kiwonk; 12-12-2006 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Needed more goofy
Old 12-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #43  

This years crafts can be seen here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...70&postcount=1
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #44  
fatter than U

Schatziiiiii!!! Yer an artiste! So so SO crafty.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #45  
loves kleenex box art

Wow. Shots does stuff. So ... why ... doesn't Shots have a blog?

What picture should I put on the stamps?

Santa came today. The kids are so wonderful as they really believe. One trembled. They all got nice gifts, baby dolls, trucks and such. I didn't get anything but I've been bad so I understand.