3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Hot & Healthy Challenge Chick's 12/03/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/99217-hot-healthy-challenge-chicks-12-03-06-a.html)

Jasmine31 12-05-2006 07:23 PM

I'll have to get to personals tomorrow. It has been a crazzy hectic two days! Spent alot of yesterday doing laundry and cleaning, kids rooms, my eldest helped me move their beds around and clean behind there, cooking, having hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin and just relaxing last nite. dh got home late on the bus like 30 minutes late! Arrggghhh!! This morning the bus adventures started at 7:30, I told myself to wait til tomorrow but there is no bread and that would of meant taco bell for lunch with dh, BUT we are already planning pizza & bread stix for dinner!! I am allowing myself to be bad. I resisted the out to eat poizza all last month. But I told myself that that nacho bell grande has 790 cals and 43 grams of fat all by itself! 43 is what I try to keep it to for all day! , let alone adding pizza and crazy bread!! And I told myself, what the heck, just get a nacho supreme then, (but there is still like 390 cals and im not sure for fat, its a little smaller) but I know myself, I will NOT be able to just do that! hahaha So I got on the bus at 7:30, went to the store tryed to grab as much stuff as I could, got alot of great deals on sliced cheese and fat free turkey slices, Low fat ham and chicken slices, stocked up, they were having a half price sale which will come in handy in a few weeks! Kids will be out. Anyhow they even had two loaves of ezekiel in the 1/2 off section. Woohooo!!! Ran home and made a nice lunch, did have a handful of nuts, had 1 cup of a new yogurt, one I do not care to try again! :lol: Went at 7:30, got home at 9:00, got on the bus at 10:30, headed out to target to get gifts for katys b day today. Found some great deals! The barbie trycycle was on sale 18.00 instead of 35.00!!! Also got her a cabbage patch that had a baby sister with it. They were redhaired and adorable!, on sale for 24.00 instead of 34.00, also got her a princess tea pot set for 14.00.

Anyhow, had lunch with him then got back at 1:30, the older kids were getting out of school early thank god, just enough time to drop katy off and gifts and run 15 minutes to the other bus that gets there at 2:22. Went shopping, (I told myself to wait and do more tomorrow but the steak is on sale , t bone 1/2 price and the tomatoes and oranges, etc !!!) So I pushed myself again. Anyhow just got back from that bus, it dropped me off at 3:40 and I would of had a 15 minute walk home with very heavy groceries but I will save that story for later. :D Anyhow I have to run out and catch the 4:30 and go get pizza and soda and meet dh and come home hopefully by 6:00! Everyone have a great nite!!!!

ennay 12-05-2006 07:30 PM

you guys have to quit talking about holiday baking, if I had the ingredients I would have baked up a storm, both my kids are power napping today :) making up for yesterday I guess. I may go shopping tonight for ingredients and try to bake some tomorrow.

Wish I could predict the power naps, I need to dye my hair like crazy, but I am afraid to get to the messy stage and have ds start screaming. Would have had plenty of time today. I got in a mini nap too which is nothing to sneeze at.

Ugh, whoever picked the meals for the food coop this month picked all the highest fat options on the list. Most of the meals to choose from are reasonably healthy, but clearly her family is into cheese.

miafluker 12-05-2006 09:47 PM

hi everyone! today was an okay day i bought a different cereal (chex multigrain) and tried it for breakfast i could only eat 2 spoons i cant seem to stomach the wheat or grain cereal so i guess ill have to not eat any.
for lunch was okay and dinner i had speg. but i had a small portion and now i had a few sips of hubby's smoothie from smoothie king its looking alittle better if i could give myself a grade it would be a c+. oh i worked out this morning it was hard to get up though and somewhere since we started this new group i lost 1.5lbs

martiniforme 12-05-2006 11:27 PM

I will do personals in a little bit. I just need a place to drop some words right now :).

Today went MUCH better than yesterday. I went to bed around 11:30pm, and woke up at about 7:30am, put some laundry in the wash, and hopped back in to bed. I didn't sleep, but I really did enjoy just lying there for an hour with my kitties. I miss days like that where I could just wake up when my body wanted to, and lie in bed in the sunlight, and enjoy some comfort time. But I'm satisfied. The opportunity usually comes around right when I need it.

Worked a very long day, but MIL fed me, so I'm happy! She made this leftovers mix (pasta, lean gr. beef, corn). I had about 1 1/2 cups, with 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese rather than any sauce. It was pretty good, calories not much more than my planned dinner.

I'm going to rearrange some furniture tonight (so my Christmas tree has more space to itself!) and do up our company Christmas cards and envelope labels. I'm looking forward to that. I enjoy doing creative things, so this is perfect!

Turns out we have an uneven number of people for our Secret Santa, so I'm going to step out, but I will still send you all a little something by PM! So you will all be receiving a message from me shortly :).

I hope you all are having a good night! The week is almost half over, yipee!

~Mande

P.S. You will never guess, I actually found a health food store in our itty bitty town (pop. 5600) called Herbal Answer or something like that. While I'm there tomorrow, I'm also going to pick up some hypo allergenic things for DF (sensitive skin), and some hemp products. I'm trying to slowly move meat out of my diet (with proper supplementation, of course!). Lately I just can't do it. I keep having these mental images when I eat it. So this means I won't have to drive to another town just to get organic products like ezekiel bread! Yay!

martiniforme 12-05-2006 11:51 PM

Okay, all done! Fingers crossed that it all works out!

Lori: You are not set up to accept PM's (Private Messages). If you still don't want to enable this option, can you please PM me an e-mail address or alternate way to get your buddy's name out to you?

Thanks!

loveandlaughalways 12-06-2006 12:50 AM

I'm sorry I'm not sure how to enable to accept PM's. Can you tell me how? Thank you.

martiniforme 12-06-2006 12:56 AM

Lori: Sure!

1. In the top-left corner, click on UserCP
2. In the left-side panel, you will see a title, Setting & Options
3. Click Edit Options
4. Scroll down the page until you see the heading, Messaging & Notification
5. Then you will see a smaller heading that says Private Messaging
6. The first box you see under that heading will say Enable Private Messaging
7. Make sure there is a check mark in that box
8. Scroll all the way down to the bottom, and click the button that says Save Changes

There ya go!

loveandlaughalways 12-06-2006 01:06 AM

okay I think I did it give it a try

martiniforme 12-06-2006 01:10 AM

Perfect! Sent :D

ennay 12-06-2006 11:59 AM

Drumroll Please.......

As of this morning, I completed my 2006 goal of 650 Miles!

Can I take the rest of the year off?

loveandlaughalways 12-06-2006 12:21 PM

:cheer2: :woohoo: :congrat: :cheer: That is sooo awesome Ennay!!! Can't stop though...Keep on Truckin!!:D

I lost 2.2 pounds this week. Now finally down to 179...Yahooooo!!:woohoo: :cheer2:

stopeating 12-06-2006 12:36 PM

Loveandlaughalways - 2.2 pounds :bravo: Yeah!:D

Ennay - 650 miles??!! OH MY GOSH! :dizzy: Awesome!

dollypie 12-06-2006 12:43 PM

Good Morning Chicks,

Okay I am soliciting ideas for fast and healthy dinners? I am tired of the same old stuff and looking for new ideas. The meal must include some type of meat for the DH and he will pretty much eat anything I cook. Also I am a firm believer in the 30-45 minute meals for dinner. I don't like to cook for a long time after I get home from work. Let me know your ideas.

ennay: What an accomplishment! Have to keep going though!

martiniforme: I am so jealous that you got to lay in bed with the kitties. For me its the dogs. I did that last Saturday morning b/c DH went hunting and it was just me at home. Just the alone time to relax gets me through all the tough stuff.

miafluker: I love smoothieking...sometimes I just make that my lunch because of the calorie count

Jasmine31: You are one busy woman. I love the feeling when you find bargains at the grocery store. I got some whole wheat pitas on monday.

dollypie 12-06-2006 12:44 PM

Oh I forgot to say as I was walking down the hall today at work, I DIDN'T hear something. That's right I could not hear my thighs rubbing together w/ my pantyhose on. I did my own little dance in hall and I don't care if anyone saw!

ennay 12-06-2006 01:28 PM

wooohooo dolly pie!

wooohooo l&l

man ...all you girls are slave drivers!;)

I'd give you some recipes, but right now I am one hand typing and nursing.

This is a pretty good cookbook:
http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watcher...e=UTF8&s=books