20-somethings Unite!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Hello all! I am a 27 year old female and I am using the LA Weight Loss plan. Glad to see there are other twenty somethings around here! I am in need of some motivation and thought maybe this thread would be a good place to get it.

Good luck to all and take care.
  • Hey Jibbelle! Welcome to our group!

Mel,
    I would love to share journals. I don't know if anyone else is on WW here but I would also love to share points if no one minds. My range is between 22 and 27 points. I will share yesterday's pointage:

Breakfast (actually lunch because I woke up late): Fat free Oscar Meyer Hot Dog (1 point) with bun (2 points) and a banana (2 points)

Midday: (OH NO!! I thought Burger King's Cheeseburgers and McDonald's Cheeseburgers had the same number of points!!!) 2 BK Cheeseburgers (18 points!!!.. i thought they would be 12 points.)

Dinner: A little bit of lasagna (6 points)

Then I got sick at night and threw up something. I think it was the lasagna but I saw some sesame seeds in there, so who knows. Then I had some juice to calm my stomach down, and it worked well... (2 points)

So... 5 + 18 + 6 + 2 - 4 = 27 points (I will consider it an OP day anyway)

Exercise: none except for trying on some wedding dresses...

take care all, thanks for the great idea mel!
    ~Nancy
  • better days
    the last post i wrote was a bit dreary.. i was unhappy and a little hopeless.. but i've been doing pretty good the past few days.. and staying within my points.. I've even been having luck with not bingeing at night.. (a major problem for me).. So.. when i went to the gym today.. and went on those evil scales that weighed me in higher than the ones i usually weigh on.. it said 144. something instead of 147.. so thats good!

my points range is like.. between 18 - 23.. so far today i've had a
    bannana = 2 points, and a subway veggie sub = 4 points.. and i'm not even hungry right now! (and its 4:30).. so i'll probably wait till dinner to have.. and i figure i'll have beans and rice or pasta..

something i think that helps me from binging at nite (if anyone else has this problem) is eating beans.. Yes.. beans. I really like beans.. like.. pinto beans or split peas or 15 bean soup.. it really stays with you and makes you full.. for some reason I like feeling full when i go to bed.. i don't know why.. and that isn't all that healthy to do.. but.. i guess a tummy full of fiberous and protein rich beans is better than a box full of fatening, artery clogging cookies..

take care everyone!
    love jessica

(p.s... if we're doing this for ourselves.. lets do it well!)
  • Hey ladies,

just checkin in... here's my daily food journal:

Cereal (4 points)
    6-inch Turkey Sub with mustard (5 points)
    McDonald's Cheeseburger (6 points)
    McDonald's Cone (3 points)
    2 slices toast and fat-free Kraft Single Cheddar Slice (3 points)
    2 unbaked cookies.. mmmmm... (4 points, well worth it)

Total: 25 points

Well, That's about it for today! Take care all, and hope to see more posts tomorrow!

~Nancy
  • sorry for making anyone feel like crap. really nancy i am.. one should only give advice when its asked for.. and then only when its done with compassion.. i'm sorry nancy.. i hope i didn't ruin your day or hurt your feelings too badly.. you seem to have responded spiritedly.. hopefully thats a sign that you have a strong character and not hurt by my unthoughtful remarks.. i'm sorry. out of respect for you and everyone else here i'll just stop posting...

take care

jess

• Ummm I guess that most of you are in a WW plan, well, there's no WW here in Argentina, so I just go back to the ol' calorie and fat grams count, bear with me :-)

Finally I found my head and started eating sensibly (well, kinda). Today:

Breakfast:
    A banana, 1 cup of Oat cereal (100% of Folic Acid and Iron needs), an apple juice
    474 Kcal 4g of fat

Lunch:
    Watermelon and scrambled omega-3 egg with corn flakes and seasalt
    155 Kcal 6g of fat

Snack:
    A small apple, a glass of Iron-rich 1,5% fat milk, an alfajor
    389 Kcal 9g of fat

Dinner
    protein whole wheat noodles with 2 poached egg whites, a tangerine
    264 Kcal 1g of fat

Total: 1283 Kcal, 20g of fat (14%) 47g of protein (15%) 239g of Cabohydrates (71%)
    I ate 4 fruits today, yipee! No veggies yet, I know, but most veggies have too strong taste for me so I am trying to get used to them slowly. I will buy some lettuce this weekend, though. The only bad choice was the alfajor, but yay! I needed carbs after the apple, I should buy some 0% fat crackers :-).
    I am hoping to get to < 150 on Monday! My lowest weight ever has been 147. I canīt wait to be there!

Take care, people.

Sol.

159/152/137 -->
    Next Goal: 147 In November 1st!
  • Hey guys
    What a yucky day in SW Ontario. . isn't it toooo early to be snowing? I'm thankfull I don't live in those places that got dumped on with the snow. . its soooo tooo early. . LOL can you tell I dislike snow?

Its been awhile since I've posted, my motivation has been slacking so bad. . .I seem to have hit the 55lbs mark and decided that was okay to stay at this weight (152-155) depending what scale I weigh in on. . ppl look agast when I tell them I want to go another 10 or so, but I need a cushion cause I bounce around alot. I've been sorta sticking on program, last weekend was my birthday and I totally blew it and the last few days have been busy and I've pulled two 24 hrs stints. . so its hard to stick to 18-23 points when you are up for 24 hrs. . virtulously impossible actually. . Now I'm writing a book here. . thought I better get my butt posting again cause I seem to find motivation here as well. . and get back to some seriously journaling. . LOL I've been thinking if I didn't write it down I could pretend I didn't eat it. . what do you think? Will it work?

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • hey again
    I am sorry I haven't been here. I mentioned posting journals and then my days got away from me. The weekends are definitely hard so I will post my food for the weekend. I will just go back and edit this message (if I can) as the day passes so that it will log my food. I am on my way to the gym and the store now, but we are having friends over later to watch a football game and we are planning on having chili - this is one of my favorite dishes. I hope I can make it through the day, preferably at the lower end of my points range which is 26-31.

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal - 2, raisins - 1,

Lunch:
    popcorn -2

Dinner:
    pretzels - 3
    chili - ground beef/turkey/beans - 12
    pasta - 8

Snacks:
    PB skinny cow - 3

Total:31 (oh well, high end today)
    Good luck to all and have a great weekend!
    Melissa
  • Hey, guys! Well, yesterday was the infamous 21st birthday... I'm still alive, hangover-free!

Now I'm ready to start my diet again... so here's to a new beginning!

Seren
  • Happy Birthday to you...
    Happy Birthday to you....
    Happy Birthday to Seren Dee...
    Happy Birthday to you.....

I hope it was a happy one. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that you don't have a hangover? Did you have a good day? Welcome back, come and join us again

Melissa
  • Ok, I had this big long reply but then accidentally closed the window!! But here's the thing...

I'm Motivated right now!! Today is my day to start over!! I'm 240 lbs. This is where I start. We need to help each other get/stay motivated!! Any suggestions? Yes, journal-posting is good! Not only will it help you stay on track knowing that everyone will look, but but it will give others ideas!!

Thank you for the happy birthday! Things went really well!! It was also my cousin's birthday! (She turned 21 three days before I did, so we celebrated in style together!!)

I think I'm going to set up a bio page and start a new thread because this one's getting old!!

Thanks again!
    Seren
  • you go girl
    Seren - I am glad to hear that you are motivated. I wish I was. I'm not completely unmotivated, but I wish I were more motivated. When I am done reading posts I am going to go through all of my WW material and try to get myself remotivated and give myself new food ideas.

Melissa

Today's journal
    B: oatmeal - 4, raisins - 1
    L: crackers - 1, tortillas - 4, salsa - 0, chili - 5
    S: popcorn - 1, caramel rice cake - 1
    D: HC soup - 1, chicken - 3, potato - 2, carrots - 1
    D: skinny cow - 2
    Total:26
  • Okay, I forgot my food journal at my moms, so I'll do them online till I get it back. . in two weeks. . I've been cheating in a big bad nasty way and need to get back on track. . just bought two new pair of jeans and need to make them fit a wee bit better, got them on the tight side

Today -
    2 small pancakes (5pts)
    4 Toquito things. . I'm guessing 2 pts each (8 pts)
    Cheerio snack mix (1pt)

14 pts so far, not too bad, just have to do dinner now, which is going to be chili made with ground turkey as opposed to ground beef.
  • Monday
    Muffin -4pts
    Chili -4pts
    Roll -2pts
    Banana pudding -2pts
    Bite of aero chocolate -1pt
    cheese and melba toast -4pts
    salad -0pts
    hot dog 0-fat 2pts
    -----------------------------------
    total - 19pts