20-somethings Unite!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hey, everyone! Welcome to those who have just joined us!

Things are going alright for me recently. I have started taking my lunch. Yesterday I did well until the study group at Denny's.

But that's ok because I'm down to 235 this morning. I think most of it was probably water weight. I just hope the other 20 lbs I gained back is too Yeah, yeah... not gonna happen.

Ok, I was just checking in. I hope everyone has a good day!

Seren

• Hi everybody!

Thanks for welcoming me. Ummm these two days were quite bad Probably the 3 chocolates I ate yesterday wont help much to lose weight. Anyway, today's a new day and I'll start over. At least, even of I didnt lose, I didnt gain either. I neeeed to wake up earlier and drink my 2 litres of water! I will try to focus on that this week.

And Kim, I got engaged on October 18th. When are you getting married? I feel so excited about anything wedding-related! Too bad that Ganesh (my FI) is 5000 km from me now Anyway, I wish you two the best.

..:Sol:..

159/159/137

• Just wanted to say, I lost 2,2 lbs

..:Sol:..

159/156/137
  • wtg Sol, I'm down about that much as well. . I was in a gaining mode there for a bit, but the scale is once again moving in the right direction. . .

Gotta love it!

You are gaining on me, I'm at 153
  • Hey.. i'm not 20 something yet.. i'm 19.. but i'm a second year college student - and trying to lose weight -- so that gets me in, right??

anyhow.. i haven't much time to write in this post.. i've got to get to the gym (i just ate a handful of cookies.. before t hose i was thinking of skipping hte gym today.. but now i'm not!) .. anyhow.. like i said, i'm 19, i live in richmond, VA.. and i, like you, am tired of food controlling my life!!

i'll talk to you guys later, thanks seren

147/143/130?
  • 20-year old college gal
    I'm also a 20-year-old college student and dieting is the source of a lot of pressure in my life. I get very frustrated when I gain weight while everyone around me eats the same garbage and stays in their size 6 jeans. I've become somewhat more comfortable with my body since I've gotten older, but I don't want this to be how I look forever. I want to be thinner, even if it's only down to 140 or 150. Right now, I'm probably somewhere between 190-200 and just cannot stop gaining weight.

My biggest problem is knowing how to eat in this environment. There is nothing good near my University and cooking is really not an option. What have other people found works? What types of food do you guys eat out?

I'm making 5 small goals for myself to begin with this post:
    1) get to the gym at least 4 times a week (no exceptions)
    2) drink only one carbonated beverage a day (this causes me to retain all sorts of water)
    3) do not eat past 8 p.m.
    4) get up and walk every morning for 45 minutes

Some of these will actually be hard because I feel so apathetic half the time, but when I do start feeling really bad about my weight, it hits me like a ton of bricks and I just want it to go away.

Good luck to everyone else....and let me know what specifically you guys find is working?
  • Hey Ladies!

I know everyone must be so busy. But you know what? It's SATURDAY!

Well, to tell you all the truth, I dropped all my classes this quarter and I'm looking for a full time job. My wedding date is almost set for March 3!!!!! I'M FINALLY GETTING MARRIED! God willing, of course.

So I bought some great finds at the market!! 1 point fat free ball park franks, 1 point kraft free slices of sharp cheddar, and 1 point bologna! The hot dog buns are more than the franks!! Well, now I can actually eat and be FILLED. That's my biggest problem lately. I just eat whatever is around the house and my points are all gone so quickly that I end up taking a few bites here and there and then just giving up for the day.

Well, come back and post ladies! Just a one-liner would be great!

~Nancy
  • hello again
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Things have been very crazy here lately. I am working more hours now, and that is a good thing. The only problem is that it prhibits me from getting to the gym on those days. I just run out of time. I did get to the gym today and I enjoyed my workout. I need to find something different to do with my workout because I am getting bored with it. I have been doing the elliptical machine for quite awhile, and now I just don't like it as much. Part of my reason for liking it is because I really burn a lot of calories when I am on in with less time. I find that the treadmill only gives me about 300 calories in 30 min and the elliptical gives me over 400 in the same amount of time.

Anyway, that is where I am right now. I have also lost a bit of my motivation so I am trying to get myself re-energized so that I stick with the program. I am down 46 pounds so that is very exciting for me. I really want to get the the 50 pound mark. I want to get much much below that but it is my first goal.

I hope everyone is doing well.
    Melissa
  • May I join?
    Been searching these boards for a motivational group and I stumbled upon y'all. Hoping I can join in and get a boost here.
    I am 26 and from North Carolina atm (maybe Arizona real soon).

I started my 'diet' aka 'lifestyle change' last February. So far, I've lost 40 pounds! But I still want to lose at least another 25-30, if not more...

Problem is, the motivation I had in the beginning is fading.. I'm currently sitting at 155 pounds and I'm stuck!

I was aiming for 1400-1600 calories a day.. but not one day has gone by in the last month where I've actually stuck to it! I also own a treadmill and haven't stepped on it in like 2 months.. yikes!

I don't know where my motivation and self-control went and I don't know how to get it back!!

Any suggestions?

Christine
    195/155/130
  • Welcome Silence and Silly Al (Did you meet Happy Al?)!

Sounds like you both have great goals. I'm sure everyone would love to have you both post here

Everyone, I've gained a couple of pounds. I hope it's because I'm starting my period soon and not because I've been splurging WAY too much lately. But I really need to start losing again. I haven't exercised in over a week. And I haven't exercised regularly since before the beginning of October. I'm going to start again today. I may have to change my christmas wish soon, but I don't know if I will. I knew it was a long shot from the beginning, but I haven't been working hard enough. It's still not impossible, with 9 weeks left till Christmas I could lose less than 2 pounds a week and still meet my goal....

I have an interview at a Bridal Shop today, Demetrios, so I hope it goes well. And I hope it pays well.

Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking about the wedding. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is... the HONEYMOON. We're going to Harrison Hot Springs. If you've been there and you love it, tell me about it. I've you've been there and you don't like it, don't tell me about it. You'll crush my dreams! (Can you tell that someone already did that to me?)

Alrighty, have a great OP day!!

~Nancy
  • My first official weigh in.
    Hi All,

And a special hello to silly al and silence. Silence I'm going to college in NC and have lived here all my life. So its cool we're both currently in NC. Oh yeah, its my birthday (thanks Gracenote) and also my first weigh in day. I thought I'd do it 'officially' once a month. So here it is....216. I've lost 6.5 lbs. Now if I can only stick strictly to my diet I might lose more, lol. I went home this weekend, home cooking, a possible deteriment to the college dieter. Plus they bought me cake. Then I come back yesterday and my main squeeze has bought me cake, ice cream and coolwhip...ahhh. Fortunely I left without him noticing I hadn't taken any of it with with me.
    I've decided to start weighing in every week because I'll be able to track my weight better. BTW I'm not on WW or anything. I'm trying the freestyle thing. The only depressing thing about my weighing in is that at one point this month I weighed 213.5, but I guess I can blame the extra poundage on this weekend. Maybe I'll take a trip to the gym this evening after glee club practice. We'll see. Good luck ladies, 'til next time.

~Allen
  • Losing, but the wrong way

Well, I've lost another 4 lbs what makes me 15 lbs far from my goal. But this lose has been because I am very stressed and almost depressed and not eating anything lately... Anyway, tomorrow has to be a better day, right? And besides, it will be my first anniversary with my fiancé!

I hope I can go back to being who I used to be.

..:Sol:.

159/152/137
    (72.5/69/62.5)

• Hey guys..

Well, I went to the gym yesterday and spent an hour on the elliptical machine.. and then spent 30 minutes on it today.. and 15min on the stationary bike.. I don't know.. I've just been kinda.. 'feelin the blues' lately.. i'm not sure why.. I wrote down my goals and how i plan on achieving them in a notebook.. and i'm determined to write down everything I eat..

I don't have much to lose.. i weigh either 143 or 147 (two different scales).. and I want to weigh around 127 or 130.. So.. its not like I have far to go! It just seems so hard though.. My goal for now (since it seems SOOO hard to lose a drop of weight) is a pound a week. I decided I DON"T CARE if it takes me 20 weeks to lose 20 lbs.. I just need to start moving in the right direction..

When ever i 'feel' overweight or fat.. I have a hard time functioning, does anyone have this problem? If i don't 'feel' pretty or attractive, its almost impossible for me to be intimate or even feel comfortable around my boyfriend. Hes been my boyfriend for two years.. and never once has said anything about my appearance other than I am perfect the way I am and have no rason to call myself fat.. so.. don't think its pressure from him.. its just me! If i look in the mirror and despise what I see.. i just shut down.. on at least some level... I just really don't like how it affects my intimate life, you know? and when i say intimate.. i mean just the very basics.. just being able to goof around and not feel self conscious that i'm fat and ugly..

I don't know. I just need to get ahold of this body/self image thing.. Its really wearing me down and occupies TOO much of my time.. I just wish this weight would COME OFF already! I feel like it is a weigh waying me down.. prohibiting me from feeling more liberated and at ease with myself and the people around me.

Ugg.. sorry, baggage i know.. but maybe one of you guys can relate..

jessica

today = 143-147?/ h = 5'7'' / goal = 127!!
  • Jessica-- I know *exactly* what you mean!! If I feel fat on a particular day, my whole day is ruined!! Not only that, but it hurts my willpower! Cause I'm just like "Screw it!! It's not working, so I'm gonna eat whatever I wanna eat!!" Then I feel bad for it later.

Here's the problem, tho...I got all the way down to 214. I'm back up to 240. Every day is a "fat" day for me... *every* day. I don't know what to do about it. I know... that's why we're here... but it's just so much easier to grab a bit to eat as I rush from school to work. Otherwise, I get sick because I skip breakfast *and* lunch. Hmm... I feel like I could do that for about 3 months and still be ok... whatever

I know I've not been here for awhile. But there have beennew developments in my health (like I need that). Yeah, I went to the doctor and they drew blood. I passed out and started convulsing. Yep, that was a day in the ER. (I'm ok.)

Ok, I've rambled on way way too much, and I've got class... I'll post again later!

Seren Dee

ps. Any suggestions as to how to get me out of the rut I'm in will be welcomed and greatly appreciated!!
  • I totally understand
    I understand where you guys are coming from. I've been doing great for awhile on WW and lately I have hit sort of a wall. I was so motivated and energized at first and now I am like...whatever. I don't know where it went but I do so desperately want it back and I want to be thinner than I am now. I haven't been journaling or even counting points. I've only been somewhat careful of what I have been eating. I start my day out trying to be good and then on the drive home from work I say what the heck. By the time I get home for dinner I don't even bother. I am also bored at the gym, so that doesn't help matters. Would anyone be interested in sharing journals through email or in our posts. Maybe that would help us, knowing we would need to post. I don't know, I am just hoping to find a solution. I think I am going to ask my WW leader to look at my journal next week. My meeting is tomorrow and maybe that will help to get me back on track. Please keep posting and venting what you need to. Many of us are having difficulties and it is always good to share good days and bad.

Melissa