View Poll Results: What would you rather receive for the holiday?
A present to open 8 72.73%
A gift card to a specific store 0 0%
Cash 4 36.36%
Other/none of the above 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #31  

Debi-How was the party? I am going to one tonight. I am wearing a long red metallic body fitting dress with black shoes and a black silk shawl. I think I'll look okay from the neck down, because I bought some pantyhose that really sucks you in, but my hair is a different story. I get it cut and colored next Sat.

Dee-I was wondering what happened to your trip down here. Enjoy the spa.

Gayle-I ended up ordering the fridge online today from Sears. I know it's terrible. I just didn't feel like going over to the mall today to buy it from the salesman. It was an extra 10% off if it was purchased before noon, so I just found it easier to order it online. It's set for delivery on the 16th. I feel really guilty for cheating him out of his commission though. But he didn't tell me it would be on sale today. He told me he could save me 10% today if I opened a Sears account. I really don't like to be pushed into opening credit accounts.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:27 AM   #32  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

sorry I havent been around I have has a viruis type thing since wendsday and unfourtanyley I ad to cheat alittle on my diet. im still not 100% to excerside but I can diet. as you can see my my tping im not all here. stupid mdeicine. I gtg sorry I cant read eveuoryones post.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:50 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 268/230/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Gayle - Your story of Allison reading for her dad reminds me of the time when my DS was only 3. We were sitting in a neighbor's yard by their pool talking about my DS reading a book. My neighbor said that he probably just had it memorized. Ha! My DS look up and saw a sign posted over the back door of the garage that said "Don't p*ss in my pool, and I won't swim in your toilet" and he promptly sounded out all the words correctly. -- The sign came down the next day!.

Okay - I'm off to post my bio. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

The party was great fun and they raised a lot of money. It was a fund raiser for a nature preserve here. They use the money for upkeep and also running summer camps for kids there. Great place for hiking and just wandering around. I ended up winning a few things off the silent auction. I got a really nice necklace that has five different stones you can interchange for different looks. Also a very pretty black vase, and a sweater. Great food, although not on my diet, but I had a great time anyway!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #35  

We had a nice time at our party also.

Linda-Thanks for posting your bio! It looks like we have another keeper to the Floozies!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, Floozies, I'm in a rut! I may have to change my ticker--it's not going back down as fast as I thought it would. In fact, it's going up. So today my goal is to eat really clean and start using Fitday again AND not drink wine for two weeks. (If I write it here, I'm usually pretty good about doing that!) I hope I see improvement in one week and perhaps I'll be back to the current ticker weight in two weeks. Do y'all think I should move my ticker?

Have a wonderful day! I just saw another thread called Munchless Monday. I think I'll adopt that, too!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #37  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Allison ~ I've been avoiding moving my ticker too. I've even thought about taking it off my signature all together rather than moving it up, but avoiding the issue isn't going to make the pounds disappear, so I guess it's time to "own the number" again. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and move my ticker to whatever the scale says.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #38  

Okay Suzy, I'm with you. I'll move my ticker to what ever weight I am tomorrow. We won't be happy, but at least we'll be taking the first steps to fixing the problem.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #39  

Well, I did it. I changed my ticker. For the worse. Now, instead of 2 pounds to go, I have 5 pounds to go. But today is Try Harder Tuesday. I did quite well yesterday. I ate very clean and within my calories. It logged it all on Fitday. I ate only once piece of holiday candy (70 calories--and I logged that, too). But, the TV was on the blink and I got bored and had not one but two vodka cocktails. At least it wasn't wine (which I'm often tempted to increase to 3 or more glasses). Today, I'll try even harder.

Last night while at DS's Karate class, I got a call from my SIL. She said my Mom had gone to cardiac rehab and while there, the nurses saw a problem and took her to the ER and they admitted her and inserted a pacemaker. She's doing fine--I called her last night. And she knew she was going to get the pacemaker, so it's no surprise, but it makes me mad that the ER doctors called her cardiologist and he wouldn't take his call and wouldn't call him back! I think Mom is going to change cardiologists.

Well, Floozies, have a great day!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 AM   #40  

I hate to say it, but I've totally stalled. I've been doing a ton of stress eating lately, plus with it getting dark at 4:30 I've been hard put to get any walking in. Guess that's where my gym membership could come in handy, huh?

This is my last week of school for this semester--I've got a final Wednesday night and then one on Friday morning. My mom is going to school with me that day and we're leaving straight from there to go to Branson, MO.

When I get back I'm going to try to kick it up a notch. ****, I'm just going to try to kick it period.

Try Harder Tuesday!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #41  
Losing it...again!

Allison, I have you beat...my ticker went up 4 pounds! That's not something I'm proud of though. I like the idea of Try Harder Tuesday! I'm going to try hard to stay OP today and stay away from the sugar!

I hope you mother does well with her new pacemaker. Aunt Hazel continues to improve and is feeling really good now. She's even going to go back to her volunteer work at the hospital after the 14th of December!

Where is "everyfloozie"??? Come on ladies...don't leave Allison and me alone with the Christmas candy and cookies!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #42  
Losing it...again!

I guess we were posting at the same time Cheryl! Good luck with your finals this week. Branson will be a fun way to celebrate having another semester over with. What do you have planned to do while you are there?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #43  

Relax, relax, relax!!

Probably go to a show or two--Manheim Steamroller's show is going to be at the Grand Palace. So far I've been majorly unsuccessful at getting any infomation on it (i.e. cost of tickets/time/etc.), but I'd really like to go see it with Momma.

Also, we are going to look at the lights out at Silver Dollar City this year. We were going to last year but decided at the last minute that it was too expensive--regretted it ever since!

Mainly, though, I just want to GET AWAY from it all
Old 12-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #44  

Hey Ladies I am back from a wonderful weekend. We packed in all I wanted to do plus more.

I have a lot of catching up to do with you all but the laundry and then swimming pool is calling to me so I need to get my butt going.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:41 AM   #45  

Suzy, okay so your 4 pounds do kindof out do my 3 pounds on the ticker, but if you consider that on Thanksgiving day, I was .5 from goal (but I didn't change my ticker cuz I knew it was temporary) then I think I have you beat....136.5 to 140.5 is 5 pounds. In any case, we're still REALLY, REALLY close and we're not going to let it go up ANY MORE--are we????

Glad to hear Aunt Hazel is doing so well! Back to her volunteer job already? What spunk!
Closed Thread