3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   REGAL HOLIDAY RUMBLE -- ALL Welcome (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/98720-regal-holiday-rumble-all-welcome.html)

Kaylets 11-23-2006 12:46 PM

REGAL HOLIDAY RUMBLE -- ALL Welcome

Hello all!

This is it, the middle of the Holiday/Food Season......

Temptations are everywhere, even in some of the music!

If we choose to stay on course, we'll need a multi-defense approach....

We'll need to strategize.....

We'll need to be on alert....

We'll need Plan A, B, C and D!!!

We'll need lots of Royal Support!!!

The foe can be vanquished!!!! The foe really isn't as smart as we make him out to be.... Sometimes he's just sneakier!!!!

We'll need to remember that losing a battle doesn't mean losing the war!

Here's the rules:

Decide if you want to lose or maintain your weight during this season.
What ever you decide is ok. Really it is.

Even if you decide its ok to gain no more than 10 lbs.... its OK.... because you've come up w/ the goal for your plan.....

Next, decide the easiest way for you to make your goal.....
Is it to continue what you're doing now? Ok....

Or perhaps like me, I managed to get a few days together w/out sugar....
And know what I need to do to get through the holidays ....... For me, its to be without.......

For someone else, it might mean having to limit soda or chips.... or sitting too long...

Also for me, I need to decide realistically how much can I do to celebrate the holiday?

For once, I need to remember that the holiday will still be a holiday even if the only baking I do is NONE...... Ouch, I said it. But its true.
I will resist stressing that things are not exactly Plan A or Plan B and be glad I have a Plan C.

I recently saw that wonderful quote " Its not about the gifts"..... yes, so true.... and for me, I need to add the second verse for my flag.....
"Its not about the food.....".....

SO.....

We can do this.... together.....

ARE YOU READY TO RUUUUUUUUMMMMMMBBBBLLLLLLEEEEEE??????

ceara 11-23-2006 11:05 PM

I would like to lose before the actual "date" and maintain that loss....so 5 pounds more by the 15th and then stay there until the 3rd of January. That is the plan. The attack will come tomorrow. Right now I'm tired!

Glad the power went on wsw!

ceara 11-24-2006 07:51 AM

Attack! Just staying focussed on my plan....water, walking, portions and logging. That is working. No binges. Not too many carbs. Not much sugar!

Kaylets 11-24-2006 11:30 AM

Hello all.....

Interesting morning of small challenges so far.... My freshly washed jeans seemed to have shrunk overnight.... I did the highschool trick of wetting the waistband but really wondered if I had done an Alice in Wonderland "Now I am BIG overnight".....

Then, I realized, I really have to get to "it is what it is" and got back on the scale....First time in too long..... I have gained nearly 30 lbs.... so....

FORWARD>>>>>> We know what we must do....

So,we begin Day 9 of NO SUGAR......
And are grateful that we are in Day 9 because its helping the Binge Mentality.

Then, we realized the Internet was down. Not our Cable, just the online service.
Took a few hours of tech calls but we are now up and running. All because a bill not paid by midnight. DH wasnt impressed but he is being good about it.

SO>......

We nearly had a meltdown due to little stress but .....

The good news is... since I weigh more than I had guessed, I can eat more to lose.

I need to get some water in and get some activity since most of what I've done today was a little walk thru the grocery store and then standing still while on hold.

SO.... I will make sure I bend as I unload and load the dishwasher and do a flight of stairs or two doing some laundry.

Let me run my flag up the flagpole so the Sugar Pirates know I don't take any prisoners!!

Kaylets 11-25-2006 10:12 AM

Hello all!

We have sunny day here. A little chilly but not too cold.
Our Goodwills are having a 1/2 price all clothing day so I am off to find something till I can get back in my smaller sizes....

PS>.. I finally got honest and dusted off the scale.
It is what it is. I am really at 178. ( Scale is 2lbs higher this am but I am taking yesterday's weight)....
I also discovered that Dottie of Dotties Weight Loss pages gained quite a few pounds back too due to illness, medication and quitting cigarettes. But has lost nearly 40 of the regain. SO..... how I can feel bad?? IT HAPPENS.

BUT, I am at Day 10 of no sugar so I am still

READY TO RUMBLE>>>>> Ready to enjoy this "feeling so much better" feeling.......

I will be back. To report on my Good will trip as well as replacement shredder trip......

How's your day going?

Kaylets 11-25-2006 02:51 PM

Weeeellllll......

There's always something about trying on clothes for an instant
REALITY CHECK.....

After trying on at least 6 pairs of jeans, I was even more motivated to
order myself up a steel cage or whatever those wrestlers are using nowadays in their matches.....

At first, I was not happy .... Then realized thinking I could find some "big" jeans still in the same size I was wearing was not what reality.
How the current jeans are still fitting is a mystrey to me. Perhaps they were misized in the first place.

Good news is :I did find a very comfortable pair--- but the cut is wider.
Which is making me more determined to RUMBLE thru this challenge and lose.

SO....

I need to now run to the library.... I have movies to return as well as books to donate for the upcoming book sale. I have an appointment for a haircut too in the same "strip mall".... and I'm still hunting for a replacement shredder....

Need to get some more water in too.

Arabella 11-25-2006 03:26 PM

Rrrrrrreadddddy!

Yea, though my weight loss be slow, I have complete confidence that continued, ever-continued, vigilance will get me there. The scale's looking like it could show another drop in the next couple days, which would be nice for WI on Monday.

Had choir practice this a.m. Oh, I can't believe the performance is a week from tomorrow. Have got my head around the idea that it is completely impossible to memorize the music, as I mostly did for the concert. Nevertheless, 'twill be all right on the night. Or in the afternoon... The skirt I want to wear is not loose around the hippal area but will be okay I think. I'm going to see if I can find a dressier top to go with it tomorrow...

My goal is to lose at least six pounds by New Years, getting me handily into the next decade. I'd love to lose more, but ... see above.

Am maintaining the "daily exercise, lots of water, no sugar, wheat or similar and eating only at the table when alone" plan. No way it can fail! And, it's not a diet, but just the WOE for me, for ever amen.

Kaylets, kudos to you for stepping up to the scale! Man, it's just so easy to gain weight. Most of us have done it without allowing ourselves to notice, too. Last time, I'd regained almost 30 pounds (when I thought I'd maybe gained five :dz: ). But. The important thing is that we're on track now and will stay that way.

Ceara, yup... attack! Best defense being a good offense :yes:

flower 11-25-2006 04:02 PM

Hi, can I join ya?

Goal is 10 lbs gone by Jan 1st. I am restarting this for the LAST time. I am done making babies. I can't control all the ups and downs (hubby just lost his job) but I can control what I eat and how much I move.

I got on the scale yeaterday and recommited. 195. 44" waist-EEKKKKK

I promised myself I will walk 6 days a week and 4 of them will be at least 40 minute walks. No in btwn meal snacking. I have no control and it makes me hungrier in the long run. Desert once a day after the meal has been eatten. And TRY, really try not to drink soda.

Kaylets 11-25-2006 09:20 PM

Hi WoodNymph.... I am sending lots of good voice vibes for your concert.
I know you will do yourself proud. and the skirt will look fine too!

Welcome Flower! Glad to have you visit our Palace! Tell us more about yourself! How many little ones do you have?

So far today, I've done ok foodwise but am a little low on water.

My haircut turned into "Maybe I'll have some highlights.."
I called DH and he said "why not" so I am blonder this evening. Not glowing
but definitely blonder.

Ok.
See everyone in the morning!

wsw 11-25-2006 10:21 PM

kaylets-thanks for starting this thread. i love the title! hope you are having fun with your newly highlighted hair.

welcome, flower!

arabella-hope you find just the blouse you are looking for tomorrow for your upcoming concert next week.

hi ceara- i am copying a bit of your attack plan for this challenge(no binges, portions, and logging.)

i am not going to set a weight loss number goal, because i just lose so slowly, and i can never even guestimate an amount, but i am definitely going for a minimum of weight maintenance through the holidays, and hoping for some loss. my portions were too large for the past 3 days, so back to smaller portions tomorrow. well, take care, all.

flower 11-26-2006 10:50 AM

Background info-I currently live in NV, entertaining the thought of moving down to Florida to be closer to a set of grandparents. I have 4 sons, 16, 13, 6 and 5.5 months. My 16 year old just moved to his aunts in Sacramento after a major year of struglling. Very hard on me. I spend my free time scrapbooking or reading. I am 37, married.

I have gotton my last 2 days walk in. I can feel the burn in my hips already! I have slacked off for way too long! If I really want to live on the coast in Florida, I need to get these thighs down so they don't rub together. Humidity and fat don't go together!

ceara 11-26-2006 07:28 PM

Hi Flower....I think I remember you from a few years back....Nice to see you again!

Well the week end is nearly over, and I'm madly reading to get ready for tomorrow...so must be off!

:wave:

Kaylets 11-26-2006 07:37 PM

Hello all.....

Well, foodwise I did ok. Except I went a little light for breakfast and lunch and about 4 pm was STARVED.....

Luckily, DH threw together a thick red sauce w/ lots of zucchinni and summer squash, mushrooms, etc.... we had that over brown rice and it definitely fillled me up.

Flower, my folks live just south of Tampa. I think they have their a/c on 3/4's of the year. Its just the way things are down there. But its certainly great not to think about winter!

ok.
I am realizing I must have lifted something the wrong way so I need to get tomorrow's clothes together and call it a day.

Have a good evening all!

Kaye

anagram 11-27-2006 04:57 AM

Staggering back.....Ready to be the best little health conscious folklet about - again. Thanksgiving went well but since then.................. I'm recognizing that one of my worst DANGER times is when I'm overly tired. And believe me, I've been over tired the last few days. Plus when I'm overly tired, I don't sleep well - Yes, ????? but that's the way it is. Saturday night I went to bed at 8 and was in bed until 7 and was still tired.

Much as I love it when my whole family is here, there's no doubt I'm less and less up to all the chore parts of it. Tons of groceries to be carried in, prepped totally for T. dinner (except daughter did pumpkin pie), cleanup, babysitting, etc., etc. And now finishing up laundry - towels alone = one person vs 7 for 3 or 4 days. I can't do the math. Last load of sheets agitating which leaves only one load of dark clothing for later this morning.

Good few days though - about as good as I could hope for except for my fatigue and slow recovery therefrom. Bad news though - BIL found out the day before T. that he has esophageal cancer. Won't know until Wed what stage/direction is. Another sister to have surgery next week. Gotta pull me together. These sisters are the ones who have been there for me through all. BIL was nice enough to say I've always been there for his family - didn't think he'd necessarily noticed ;). Of course, he and DSis are devastated at this point.

Guess I'll go fold some laundry and then try to fall asleep again by reading some newspapers that have accumulated while I've been having a good time.

Then it's throw out all the leftovers time - less temptation that way, too.

anagram 11-27-2006 05:03 AM

Hey, Kaylets - you go, girl! Are you having more fun?

Been toying with blondeness myself at some point - just for kicks. Probably stun some people who would decide I'm senile - been ten years since I last colored my hair. Mmmm - a goal? It would work better on a thinner moi, I'd think.