Old 12-13-2006, 08:34 AM   #76  

Oh, dear, Arabella. All that! I agree with Ceara - it's a time to care for you and DH and get the world back on its axis a bit.

Cosmic forces still being mean to me - not the worst I've ever had though and sometimes it brings out the toughness in me. Food not perfect but improved. Did get a walk in yesterday - at dusk which I like. Had a shorter one on Monday but it still was a walk plus any store walking.

Today a Christmas luncheon at the church.

Congrats on your party victories, ceara. I'm ok most of the time but celebrations are a nemesis.

Pulling it together, chickies, I hope. Scale has been fairly kind but one binge puts it all back on.

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #77  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I let life get in the way again. Gotta stay on track no matter what!
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #78  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Welcome Bobbi! I personally do a lot of walking. I have recently starting jumping rope, but I am not too good at it yet. It is a lot of work though and rewarding. I can do 38 jumps in a row thus far. Five minutes of starting and stopping tires you right out!

We just set our own personal goals and support each other in our efforts. I am aiming for 2 lbs/week, but that doesn't always happen. Hope to see you back. Feel free to join in!

Hi Flower!

Anagram drat those cosmic forces!

ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #79  
the sword bearer

Managed to get a short 20 minute walk in yesterday. Need to at least double that today and do some weights.

I'm rumblin'...no brekkie yet. How 'bout you!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #80  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm not usually hungry when I wake up in the morning but today I could eat my keyboard, think I'll make an English muffin with egg/cheese on it. I've heard that it's better to exercise on an empty stomach, what do you all think and do? I lost another 1/2 pound yesterday, that makes 3 pounds since Monday. Maybe it's just my body adjusting to eating healthy and all the water I'm drinking. I don't quite understand how the early weight loss is mostly water , not fat that you lose. Especially since I drink water all day!
I'm going to Rumble on into the kitchen, catch ya all later........Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #81  
you can call me flower

I am down sizing my possessions. I soooo wish I could get rid of my "fat" clothes. I have soooo many cute things in the 18 size. I am in a 22 right now. I can get into a 20, but after I eat it is so not comfy, hate anything not comfortable. I need to stay on track or I might as well get rid of the skinny stuff! I can not keep everything if we do move across country. (in NV now, thinking of Florida)

Why is this so hard to do? Wonder where my jump rope is..... Maybe I could pick up a hoola hoop. Sure hubby could burn some calories laughing at me.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:07 AM   #82  

Hello all!

Welcome Bobbi! Tell us some more about yourself!

Flower....that's a good point, calories burned by laughter are really the best kind.... maybe we should figure out how to have a laugh a day too....

I too let life get in the way and need to get back to climbing the stairs....
Seems as soon as I stop the extra steps, extra movement, the Sugar Monster starts getting louder and louder.....
BUT so far, I remain sugarless......

Speaking of laughter, even if this seems really silly to you, make sure you don't miss the chance to see the new Laughing Elmo..... A coworker brought one in after purchasing one for her child during lunch. Its amazing how it can throw itself on the floor, get back up and be laughing the whole time.
I love Elmo anyway but this toy is really fun.

Okay... hope everyone is doing well. Very, very foggy here so I am off....

Thought of the day is a classic but good for Friday....

"Today is the day!"

Question of the day :

"Whats your best guess at how far you walk each day?"

Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #83  
the sword bearer

Yes, I got a pleasant surprise yesterday when I snuck up on the scale...now today it is wavering....I tell you that thing is possessed. However.

I am off for a walk shortly....and then out to the Friday brekkie with the parentals...although it may just be mom, friend and me...all female. Which will be fine!

Good work on the sugarless streak Kaye! I'm not, but I'm very careful to log everything and not to exceed the calorie range (too much... some days )

Bobbi...they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I about that but I feel not so hungry when I wake up, but better after I eat. Eh, what do I know? I eat 2-3 hundred calories at brekkie

How's the cosmos treating you Anagram? And Arabella...how be thee? Hi Flower...I guess the trick is to let a healthier lifestyle and choices be your life and not be an intrusion into what you think is normal It has to become normal for you. At one of my recent training sessions, I took a torilla with 1 T of peanut butter and a peeled banana all rolled up...easy, 300 cals approx. One of my co-workers said "Hey what have you got there. Figures, you always eat so healthy." I've worked in her branch and she sees what I bring to eat there and at training. There is always cake or something sweet, which I just don't eat. So you need to decide how you will be "normal" and just do it. Your kids will follow along....believe me!

OK...off the and onto the road!

Old 12-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #84  

Welcome, Bobbolink - hi there, Flower. ceara, your pb/banana tortilla sounds delicious - on rye, that's about my fave sandwich so must try the tortilla thing. Kaye, the Sugarless - that's just amazine.

Cosmos improving, worthy ceara. It's not Christmas stuff - just life stuff. Today eased a bit when DD said she had made a mistake on the date of a party for which I was going to head down to babysit. Am going tomorrow though to watch Ten perform in a Nutcracker. Tomorrow's also DDs birthday so a twofur. Coming back Sunday.

Lunch w/friend today but a place where I can get salmon or something healthy. I have called a halt to decorating but I'm right about where I wanted to be putting out only a few really special to me things. Maybe more next year. Had a wrap marathon last night so in good shape there too

Got a walk in late afternoon yesterday, a shorter one the day before. I'm becoming very dependent on my little walkies (hurray) since our weather has been mostly delightful for this time of year and I know it won't last. Skipping tai chi today though because I just can't figure it all out but it'll be a good day for a walk again later. Good news is there'll be another class added in the New Year. So I could if I wanted go to tai chi every day (albeit spread over 3 different locations) just as I can also go to the pool (if I ever get back) every day so it will all be a matter of the schedule of the day in 2007.

Dear BIL has been continuing with tests. On Monday gets stomach tube for feeding. Probably going to do radiation/chemo before surgery. Sis recovering but more slowly, I think, than she had anticipated.

Food decent, I know I could do better but not being really strict with me, just working on "improvements".

Still a bit gray but I must be up and at 'em and get a little more order in my life before I leave for lunch as I plan a few other things after that that will keep me from playing housewife (not really complaining about that).

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #85  
you can call me flower

I got in a walk yesterday. Helped my food intake all day. Bed time snack was lt popcorn. I was feeling bad but decided to clean my closet and that kept me on the right track!

I am mad at hubby right now. He stayed out too late with his friend and now my whole schedule is off. We were suppose to go Xmas shopping today. But with him barely having sleep and me mad, it might be best to put it off til Monday.

Instead I am going to clean my desk and book shelf today. Finish up the dishes and the laundry. Maybe I will stumble across my jump rope I put away somewhere!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:53 AM   #86  

Hello all.....

Just a quickie to say hello..

Re Breakfast.... although it does seem to wake up my appetite, if I don't have a good breakfast, I MORE than make up for it later .... and often with food I wouldve never eaten ......

I also find I need a bigger breakfast than supper..... go figure....
Whatever works is what I say....

I'm off to work!
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #87  
the sword bearer

I'm doing my best to avoid the paying work today...I have a full schedule with the volunteer stuff!.

Hope to get the furniture back into the living room and decorate. The floor looks really nice. However, because there is not any carpet or furniture, it sounds like an ampitheatre in there! Very hollow!

Of course part of putting stuff back will be the sorting, and tossing....yep I've been decluttering. First calorie counting and now decluttering! You guys are really influencing me!

OK...gotta go!

Old 12-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #88  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Getting to know you!

Good Morning Girls...
I snooped through some of your bio's just now, wanted to get to know you all better. I see there's an ex-teacher in the bunch, better keep my dictionary handy, teehee! Speaking of you Ceara, I see you show dogs. Oh what fun, my DH and I love watching the dog show every year. Do you show dogs there?
Anagram...I know what you mean about 1 binge putting your weight back on. I stopped coming to the 3FF many months ago because of a binge, I've just now gotten back on track. Hiss, Hiss, Boo, Boo to your DH, are you still mad at him?
Flower...I see where you got your name, do you work full time at the Florist shop? Where do you find the time with 4 kids, boys/girls/ages? Don't get rid of your skinny clothes, they can be another motivator. Hang your cutest skinny outfit up where you can see it, then go look at it when you feel like eating something you shouldn't.
Kayletts...You asked for my Bio, it's on public view. I'm the grandmother of this bunch (61 yrs old), my DH retired at 63 by my urging. So nice to have him home. We live out in the country and I worried about him out on icy roads, snow, blizzards, etc. Plus he vacuums up after "Charlie" our English Setter everyday, cooks a couple times a week. He does lots of outside chores that I used to do, we have 6 chickens, 1 dog, 1 cat and a zillion backyard birds that we feed year around.
Charlie woke me up at 4:44 this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. I just consumed 4 cups of coffee, now I could eat a horse. Think it's time to eat............see ya!
Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #89  
you can call me flower

I am not currently working. Florists don't get paid enough in small towns. I do plan on going back to it once we move though. Hubby is back on the "okay" list. lol Thanks for asking. We ended up doing our shopping yesterday. Hubby was in pretty good spirits considering he had literally no sleep. My boys are 6 months, 6, 13 and 16. My 16 year old is with his aunt until summer though. He wants to go to school in CA for college and he needs to get his residentcy.

I blew my diet in the afternoon yesterday but made a low fat, healthy dinner. Think it evened out okay. I am going to start calorie counting or at least journalling again. Too easy to "forget" everything you have eatten.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #90  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wink Time for a quickie!

Hola, hola chickies! Well, the days are sprinting past here as I'm sure they are there. This week hurtled! Today's DH's birthday. I'm making Lebanese food for 11 and baking a cake so don't have a lot of time but wanted to swing by to let you know I'm still around -- and still love you! I've slipped a bit -- I think it was being sick that did it. Anyway, I'm rededicating myself to those behaviors that I know will save me: exercise every day, no sugar or wheat, lots of water, no eating anywhere but the table when I'm alone. There are more, but that's the basic and it really works.

K, Lovelies, must be bookin' and cookin' -- let's make this a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote