Former Chub Club-October

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Don't know why the previous one posted twice but....
    Audri, I found your journal and enjoyed reading what I read bunches. Will go back later and read more but I couldn't find 'Mouse in the House'. Has it been removed?

Karen
  • Karefree good job on walking. Keep it up. I haven't even started thinking about Christmas and you already have things bought.

Mailwhale, I don't blame you for getting upset by what your friend said. Keep up the good work on your exercise, hopefully the eating will get better.

Audri, are you still eating salads. I started having them again this week.

I've done good on exercise this week, didn't skip a day. I hope I can get back to where I was before. I think I'm going back to kickboxing again when the next class starts. I think that will be sometime next month.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • KF- the site is http://madermouse.homestead.com/mousesmainpage.html

And don't give me too much credit, my house is a mess and I have no clean laundry!

I reread the fast food info on page 1 of this site. It lists all the restaurants info. Well lots has been added since I checked it out before. Two of my favorite meals are over 1200 calories and thats without dessert. I am trying to stay between 1200-1400 right now. For example I USED to go to Carl's Jr and have a crispy chicken sandwich with a soda and onion rings. Or we would go to Panda Express. The orange chicken has so much less fat than the spicy chicken w/ peanuts. And orange chicken has no veggies. Spicy chicken isn't fried! Add a soda, a fortune cookie a second entree and some chowmein. Thats over 70 grams of fat! Holy Cow!!!! I will make better choices now! ~aud
  • Thanks Audri, Iwll go there next!
    Sandy, good to hear from you! Great job on exercising everyday this week. You seemed to enjoy the kickboxing last time so that sounds like a good plan. Are you walking at the beach still? I bet it is getting chilly!

I know Audri. It is amazing the calories we can put away and not even realize it! I wonder where all that fat comes from in the spicy chicken?

I had a bowl of corn chowder (really just soupy creamed corn with no cream involved!) and brought a small glass or juice and an orange down for later. I am in search of inspiration on the web and the first place I am going is to the 'mouse' site Audri mentioned.
    Karen
  • I checked out the site Audri and
    followed the links to Freds and found some great success stories. Fred is AMAZING! The man has completely changed his metabolism! Evidently a lot of the change has come through exercise because he is eating A LOT of food! Thanks for pointing the site out for me. I also enjoyed reading your journal and now I am heading back to Freds to explore more. I hope he can inspire Paul enough to support me this time....Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I hope to get in a walk today. The weather is perfect for one today.

TTYL,
    Karen
  • KF-I like reading Fred's journal. He does have the ego of the state of say, Texas! But hey, he has turned his life around. And he has lots of knowledge. I may go look for a used weight bench one of these days and build muscle. The boys will be to that age that they want to pump up, so it will be well used.

I bought sweet potato fries at Trader Joes today. I will tell ya after I endulge what they are like. I know I can make my own, but frozen already done are so much more enticing!!!

Well, looks like a friend of Chris's will be here on Monday. Guess that is my cue to pick up the house. I really could go for a nap! aud
  • Well, I can't seem to get co-ordinated!
    The eating has been better for the last few days but the walking has stopped! What is it with me? I just can't seem to get it all together!

Audri, how were the sweet potato fries? Did you bake them and how fatty are they? They sound heavenly but I love yams anyway.

MW, how's it going? Log in to inspire me on the exercise part. I need a cheerleader!

Where is Dolphingirl?

And Sandy? Is your daughter moved completely back in yet? I bet it is nice to have her back home even if it has gotten a little more crowded....I bet you don't remember Jerry Clower, do you? He was a southern comedian who has since passed away but one of his bits (spoken in a HEAVY southern accent ) was about not letting your children lull you into a sense of independence because when they left home for the first time, it was NOT over. They wuz coming home agin and theys bringing more with 'um! LOL! Of course, I know you don't feel this way about your baby girl but it did remind me of the old comedian....He was a HOOT! Literally, he hooted and hollered during his act. He had albums out long ago. I would like to hear them again. He was REALLY funny.

Well, I am going to try to make and effort on both fronts this week. Try to eat right AND get in a little exercise. Wish me luck!

Karen
  • Hello y'all... we're here in New Hampshire/Dave's undergoing 37 radiation treatments broken down to 5x's a wk along with chemo- just finished his 17th treatment this morning, so we're almost halfway thru! Am so sorry I haven't been in touch - was so bummed with losing your snailmail/email address Audri--- but had one of those DUH moments this weekend realizing I could access this forum from the library computers! Soooooooooooo good catching up with everyone- have to read quickly, as we're limited on time here. Maybe I can find a time it's quieter here.

Our house in VT closed the day we started treatments and since then we've been living in a hostel about 3 mi from Dartmouth they have set up for cancer patients and their families. Very homey- we have a nice room and share bathrooms/kitchen/living room - but it's been a good place to be. We've met alot of wonderful people who have been going thru alot of sadness in their lives as well. Dave's lost most of his hair so he shaved the rest off Saturday- still hard to get used to! (he had a gorgeous full head of hair--- called him 'Silver Fox', even tho he still had alot of salt-pepper!) I love him no-matter what... he's still cool! Great smile- big dimples, handsome guy- I have such a hard time seeing him have to go thru this. Radiation/chemo combination makes him pretty fatigued, but we're walking several times a day and that's been encouraging. Dr's are pleased that he's keeping up with his eating and exercising. It's not easy, but we're learning to enjoy the moments- I find I can't look at our past or our future without lots of pain, so God is having to give me the strength to find joy in our 'today's'. It's better this way.

Well, there is a line of people waiting to use the computer this morning, so I'll close for this time. I'll be back soon... our hotmail email is dhjgregg.

Thanks for thinking of us... appreciate your prayers more than you will ever know! Everyone take care, stay healthy and... enjoy the day!
  • Itsworthit , I am so happy to hear from the both of you!
    My cousin and his family stayed in a place like ya'll are at when he had open heart surgery. They also said the environment was good for them. They even furnished transportation to and from the hospital for them.

Dave must be a very strong person to still stick to his program during this time. It is hard enough when we feel good and I have heard that chemo can really be devastating.

I have written down your email and will write you there.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Love,
    Karen
  • Itsworthit-thank you for checking in! You sound very good. I do hope there are more up moments than down ones. I hated shaving Terrys head. He was so vain, no stubble allowed. I did his head every other day for a year. I do hope you can come visit more often.

Well, I should be doing laundry instead of playing on computer. I just wanted to tell ya I lost 2 pounds. I am at 184 now. ~audri
  • Itsworthit, so good to see your post. You are both still in my prayers. I think of you often especially when I use the treadmill, you were the one that got me started on that.

Audri, congratulations on losing another 2 pounds. You are doing great.

Karefree, good job on the eating, too bad you stopped walking though. Yes, Cheryl is all moved in again. I enjoy having her around, not that she is here all that much but at least I get to see her. When she is here we are usually on the internet looking at wedding gowns and things like that. What did we ever do before computers? I've never heard of that comedian but bet I could relate.

I'm still doing good on the exercise and drank all my water today. Didn't do bad on the food either.

Take care everyone.
  • Audri is a GREAT BIG LOSER and
    we are all proud of you and happy for you too! Good work. All you efforts are paying off!

Itsworthit, I haven't emailed you yet but I will soon. I went over to a friends house today and walked and picked up a big bag of pecans which are going to keep me busy for a while. I am going to crack, pick and freeze them for the holidays. Thinking about you both.

Sandy, LOL, I don't know what we did before the internet. You can have EVERYTHING at your fingertips with it. It is great!

TTYL,
    Karen
  • Hello gals!

So good to hear from you itsworthit...thank you for squeezing us in...our prayers are with you both.

And hey Audri! Take me with you down the scale!

Kare, I still have the exercise, but indulging in the afternoons nearly negates the effort. I'm walking even though it is hard on my feet...it is still the easiest exercise for me to stick with...you can do it, just make it a priority! And I can do this food thing if I would make it a priority. I can and must. Must take weight off to take pressure off my knees and to fit in the snow-suit this winter...Darn it, I'm not gonna buy a bigger one and I need to get into it to enjoy the snow!

I think we should dub Sandy the team leader...you still are my inspiration! Course Audri is making progress right now...making a good run at October. Let us make a pact of some kind for November.... hmmmmm....
  • Sorry I have been MIA. Chris is on call this week and next and the week after that for convention work. So, less computer time for me. I lost a pound this week. I am hoping to loose 1 more by tomorrow, Fri at the latest. Then I will have met my challenge of walking EVERY day of Oct and loosing 8 pounds.

My Holiday goal is...each week I must
    ...walk 3 times
    ...ride bike 3 times
    ...do cardio video 3 times
    ...do dumb bell work out 3 times
    ...crunches 3 times
    ...do fun excersice 3 times a month(hiking, bowling, rollerblades)

I am trying to get down to 169 by Xmas. That is 14 pounds away. Then I won't be offically obese! What are your goals for the holidays??? I will start a new thread on Thursday. Nov 1st. Gotta get to work right now! aud
  • Hello everyone,
    Audri, congrats on another pound gone, you are really doing great, keep it up.

I've done good with the exercise the past few weeks, the food still isn't going well. I have to really make up my mind to do something about that. I went to a party a couple of weeks ago and put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in a while and they were quite snug on me. I have to do something about that because I don't want to have to buy bigger clothes.

Take care everyone.