Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Dee - this is the right place! Just jump in and join us when you feel comfortable. Once again, we're glad you found us.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Okay, I took a plunge. I have never shopped online. Gasp...I am so behind the times.
I just clicked on the book You on a Diet on this site and it took me to Amazon where I actually bought that book and You, Your Body. Both books were just 26.78 with free shipping, which I thought was quite a deal. I might be wrong, since I have not priced these books at the store...but I am happy. A little gift for myself.

Feeling really good today as I got in a nice long walk. I didn't ride the bike, but got it out of storage and into the garage so I can ride easier. After I got it out DH came and said he was wanting to walk with me....so I couldn't turn him down and ride the bike, now could I? We have walked every day lately and it always makes me feel better. SO, why don't I keep it up?

I am hoping to get more inspiration from Dr. Oz.....
Old 11-27-2006, 02:26 AM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Jane -- Thanks!!! Yes I have only roughly an hour and a half left and I'm OUTTA here! (at least until Thursday Night!) lol. Sounds like you had a nice evening.

Sue -- Hey ya! I've been wanting to buy Dr. Oz's books, so maybe I will go and "Treat" myself too! Have you checked out his show, "You on a Diet" its on Discovery Health, not sure on the day and time though. WTG on the walking! DH & I need to start walking too. Glad your hubby is doing it with ya!

Dee! As Jane said, just jump right in whenever you feel comfortable! We also have a Holiday Chit and Chat too if you want to share anything on the holidays or get any tips, etc on the holidays! Glad your here!

I hope you all have a Great Monday!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:31 AM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

Jane--Time flys too darn quickly lately. I can't believe it's already the last week of November. I'm still needing to do some Christmas shopping. Yesterday we went to Portland, had a great time, but I left empty handed. I'm definately taking Jhanai shopping this coming weekend!!! Gotta get it done!

Sassy--Today is your Turkey day right? Hope you and your hubby enjoy every bite. Are you two preparing a big dinner or just a little thing? James & I went crazy and acted like we were having guest!!! Now I have left overs galore!

Sue--You're having nice weather? I just looked out my window and there is a light dusting of snow outside! Not what I want to see. I wouldn't mind seeing it the week that I have off!! But not now. At least it's mainly in the hills. Hopefully the majority of it all will stay there.

Michelle--I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time. The first time w/out my grandma was very hard. Then last year was the first year w/out my brother. And time does help. Their memories never fade, but the hurt isn't as strong. Many hugs for you!

Jules--Did you get bargains??? Did you find a $3.00 toaster! I'm thinking that next year I'm taking that day off or scheduling to come in later and going to spend all day shopping! I'm either going to drag my hubby along or my daughter. My daughter wouldn't mind shopping! Do you ever do the "Day after Christmas" shopping? They have just as good deals I think. I have plans to do some shopping then too.

Hello and Welcome to Dee!!!

Hello to all you other gals out there. Come in and say hi!

Ok...need to get out early today. I need to stop at a store on my way to work and get a gift for Jhanai. It's $10 cheaper today and the price goes back up tomorrow. So must get a move on.

Chat w/you all later!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #35  
~Believe~

Talking Afternoon Ladies!

Afternoon Ladies!!!!!!!!

Hi Marti! Yup today is our "Thanksgiving Dinner" and his parents decided to have a dinner after all. So we're going over there. DH was supposed to make his Sweet Potato Casserole, but he forgot. Aw well......lol. on $10 Cheaper..........love deals like that........I hope you had a great day at work...........

Hey gals!!!!!! Where are ya??????? I guess working???????? lol. I'm so glad that we are off for 3 days.........phew. I didn't think we were going to make it! lol. But we did! It is 63 degrees (F) outside!!!!!!!! I think we are supposed to get snow on Thursday and Friday!!!!!!! Weird!!!!!!!

Well I guess that is about all for me, for now.

TTYL!!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

Too many posts to catch up on but it looks like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was fine...we were tired. Spent the day decorating outside and some inside. I actually started that Wednesday evening, or was it Tuesday? Ahhh, can't remember, anyway it's done. And the turd Josh surprised me/us. He forgot my number so instead got a cab home from the airport. Someone was laying on the doorbell and I thought this better be good! I ran to the door thinking the only person who would do that is him! And sure enough it was! I can't tell you how happy I was to see his face! He's here until the 11th of Dec. Then I won't see him for about 8 or 9 months. So, we are going to have his Christmas on the 9th which should be fun. I've got the video camera out and am going to do a whole tape of just him and his time home. He too is happy to be home. he's so skinny though. Anyway...

HI and DEE! Glad to have you and looking forward to getting to know you.

MARTI...I wish I could do that...go shopping and walk away with nothing. Josh came home with his backpack on his back and nothing in it. Just the clothes on his back and wanted to go to the Mall yesterday... too many people but he did manage to get two pair of shoes and some shorts...why he wanted shorts I'll never know.

JANE...glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family, and yes the time does fly way too fast, or for me it does. I still can't believe it is almost Christmas.

MICHELLE...I have to agree with Jane. Although, I've not lost my mother I think it was about the same with DH. The first holidays without him were the absolute worst! The second wasn't as bad but still hard. But it does get better. Being around family and friends helped a lot. Lots of hugs to you.

HI JULES, SUE, MARY KATE and SASSY and anyone I missed.

Well, need to get going and get something done. Never did get Josh's room completely cleaned so I need to go finish up in there so he has room to walk.

Today was WI and I am the same. Which is fine and I will take it considering the holiday and all the crap I've been eating. And I didn't go exercise...had errands to run and after that didn't feel like going. Anywho...take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya SASSY!

You snuck in while I was typing away! I hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Our weather has been weird as well. Supposed to be in the high 60's but don't think it's going to make it. It is cold outside and raining. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 68 and then drop down in the lower 40's Wed and thru the rest of the week, of course. That is usually how it goes when you have something planned outdoors...it gets cold. It was actually 70 something on Thanskgiving so very nice for putting up lights. Anywho...have a GREAT day and dinner!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Just a quick note to say hello. Not sure where the day went, but I can't believe it's evening already. I got quite a few Christmas presents wrapped, but found that I need some BIG Christmas gift bags, or boxes, also. Dale wanted some coveralls, and Neal wanted a hooded jacket that I have no boxes to fit.

Dr. Oz is going to be on Ophrah again Wednesday, and I don't think it's a repeat. He said in the clip that for every 35 pounds a man loses, he gains an inch "elsewhere", and I think I'd have remembered that if I heard it before, lol. Anyway, for those of you, like me, who are interested, set those DVDs/VCRs for Wednesday.

See ya,
Old 11-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #39  
ugggg.....

Jane--you are too funny!!!

Cristina--Jason did say it's really hot during the day in Iraq. What a great surprise for you--Tony did that to DS--just showed up pounding on the door one day. I haven't got to see him but DS says he's thinner too. Tony says he will leave his address for me.

Sassy--you can keep all the snow--I do like it on Christmas though or actually whenever I don't have to go out in it (and the kids aren't out driving in it!!) It's in the 60's here too, it's suppossed to get colder this weeked--like the upper 40's--I'll take it, I thought it was suppossed to be a cold winter but these are Indian summer temps!!

Marti--I actually like the after Christmas sales better. We didn't really find any great deals except the over $40 off the $70 pair of boots that DD found at JCPenney's. One of my coworkers got some really sweet deals at Toys R Us, Target and Michaels. DD says she's not getting up early next year--she will sleep in instead. She expected to get really awesome deals and they just weren't there for what she was shopping for.

Sue--this is my first year of online shopping (besides Ebay!), I got some books from Amazon and the pink crockpot from JCPenney. I may do some more. It is so much easier.

Well I am going to go--should have gone to the gym tonight but I am really tired and having a rough TOM.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Talking Howdy Chicas!

Howdy Chicas!

Well Our Thanksgiving is over. Man isn't it weird how FAST it goes? We had Ham, Cheesey Potatoes, Cheeseball, Celery w/ cream cheese, Shrimp cocktail, Green Bean Casserole, and Rolls. I was very good and had reasonable sized portions and ate slow. MIL had the Celery w/ cream cheese, shrimp cocktail and cheeseball because she thought we were going to be there sooner.

Well we would have but "Space Cadet" me totally forgot I had a Dr. Appt TODAY! DOH! Luckily I looked in my purse and found the reminder card! It was @ 4:30 and I found it at 4! lol. Good thing our Dr is only a couple minutes away! lol.

Of course we got there and had to wait, which is fine, our dr likes to take his time with his patients and not just boot you out the door. So we got in, I gave him my blood sugars that I had (I had to scramble making a spreadsheet real quick with the Blood sugars I had here, the rest are at work! OOPS!) So he put me on a brand new medication, called Januvia, he says it is supposed to be really great. Says it does everything and doesn't affect your kidneys at all. I read the insert on it (he gave me samples) and it says, well here is right from their website: What is Januvia

JANUVIA is a prescription medicine used along with diet and exercise to lower blood sugar in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (type 2 diabetes). JANUVIA may be taken alone or along with certain other medicines to control blood sugar.

* JANUVIA lowers blood sugar when blood sugar is high, especially after a meal. JANUVIA also lowers blood sugar between meals.
* JANUVIA helps to improve the levels of insulin produced by your own body after a meal.
* JANUVIA decreases the amount of sugar made by the body. JANUVIA is unlikely to cause your blood sugar to be lowered to a dangerous level (hypoglycemia) because it does not work when your blood sugar is low.

So it seems it does it all. I am still on the Fortamet though, he wanted to keep me on that too for now. So we shall see!!!!! I took my 1st one with my meal today. I go back in next month for another A1C (get those done every 3 months) and that will show how good it works, of course only 1 month will be on the Januvia. But I will keep track too.

Okay enough on the "commercial" for the new Diabetes Medicine! lol. I just hope it works!

We went to go buy a new Digital Camera. We have one now, but we've had it for several years, its still works great and all, but they had an incredible deal at Office Max here, its a Fujifilm, 7.3 Megapixels and lots of other stuff that I'm not all sure it does, but its only $179. Well they were sold out of it of course, so I thought, lets go to Circuit City and see if they have it and will price match it? So we go, they don't even carry that brand and the salesman looked at the Office Max ad and said, "Dang that is a great deal, we don't have anything close to that!" So that made us feel even better, but still no camera, but DH is going to look on the web and also at the Office Max close to our friends house tomorrow.

DH is going to be helping our friend & co-worker move into their new house tomorrow. He asked him a couple days ago in case all his helped bailed out and I guess they did. We know how that is after moving a few times, so DH is going over to help. I can't help move too much because of my back so I told DH I would just stay at home and clean. I'm not sure who got the better deal there. lol. No but I would rather clean I think than help move. When we move I am the packer and unpacker, that is my job. I do help move a few light things here or there, but nothing major. So I figured I'd be better off getting our stuff done here at home instead.

Will be kinda nice to be alone and cleaning, I haven't had that in a long time! I always seem to get more done when he is not here! lol. But he does help a lot! lol. He was fine with me doing it all. He usually empties the litter box, empties the trash, takes the trash out and downstairs, and he vacuums (vacuuming kills my back). Oh and he does do dishes too, not the greatest at doing those, but at least he does them! lol.

So I am a bit spoiled. lol. I ususally just take care of the laundry, bathroom, dishes (yes I do my share--lol), and dusting. But two of those are pretty big jobs. lol. Okay so I'm spoiled. lol.......So I will "repay" my dear sweet husband tomorrow by doing it all by myself for once in like probably a year!!!!!! OH and tomorrow is my 1-year Work Anniversary!!!!!! It sure doesn't seem like a year already! lol.

I may try to see if I can figure out how to rearrange furniture so DH can put up his Christmas tree. (Its' 7'0 feet tall & HUGE) He really wants to put it up this year, but of course we live in a kinda cramped 2 bedroom apt. So I'll see what I can come up with. I'm usually pretty good at arranging things to make things fit. I used to live in a one room cabin so that was quite interesting to say the least to fit everything in & then eventually my DH moved in too! So I think I'm pretty good at arranging! lol.

Well I guess I have rambled away here. Sorry about that.

Jane -- You are too funny!

Cristina -- glad that you are enjoying your visit with Josh. He departs on my hubby's bday.....(the 11th) or is the 11th his last day here and he leaves on the 12th? Anyways you get the point. lol.

Jules -- Awwwww you mean I can't share my snow once or IF we get it? But I wanna share. lol.

I hope everybody else out in "lurkdom" land out there is doing well!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

I will have to watch Dr. Oz on Oprah. I am anxious to read both books. Does anyone know when the show he did will be shown again on Discovery?

Jane, I know you said you are going back to the WW way of eating ...was it because of anything wrong on the Oz way? Or just your preference? I am wondering if I could really give up processed foods? Yikes....

Looks like our nice weather will cease on Wed. and get nasty by Fri. Of course, we didn't get out of here soon enough.
The good news is that Mom's vascular surgeon doesn't need to see her again for a year! And her heart Dr. said a trip would do her good and he doesn't need to see her until April. She just needs to continue walking...which she can do better out there in the warmth.
I didn't shop at all today, so we are going tomorrow to Sears, Kohl's and Elder Beerman. Oh and Old Navy for the teen boys...the teen girls like Kohl.s. I am sure I can get most everything. I have to pick up a few things for DH and hide them in my suitcase. Plus call and order gift cards from some CA stores....I will be done in one fell swoop. (or I am dreaming)

Another day of getting my walk in...and it makes me feel so good.

CRISTINA....Yay for Josh coming home and surprising you. I know you are loving having him there. Give him a hug and a Thank you from me please.

To everyone else...goodnight and sweet dreams.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #42  
I can dream, can't I?

Sassy...you posted while I was sloooowllllly typing. Lol. Yay for the new meds. and I hope they do the job. Yay also for a DH that helps around the house. I must say mine is pretty darn handy to have around.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:24 PM   #43  
~Believe~

Hi Sue! Yeah I just got to typing away! lol. Yes I think I'll keep my husband. Not only is he handy to have around, he also is very tall so that comes in handy so I don't have to climb up on things! lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Woke up to snow. Just what I didn't want to see!!
So my plans are to get a move on this morning and leave early. I don't want to be in late for work and I do plan on driving slow! Grandma driver right here!! (no offense to any grandma's here!)

Sassy--I got the $10 IZ Jhanai was wanting. $20 off is fantastic!!!! And there were other sales while I was there so I grabbed a couple things for James. Now I really need to hide them before I go to work, since I have no idea if he'll be home tonight or not......and I have things sprawlled out all over the place.

Cristi--Walking away from places empty handed is nice when trying to save money.....but I really need to get on the ball if I want any gift under the tree! So hopefully next weekend Jhanai & I get a lot done. (providing that there isn't snow...I won't be driving around w/her in the snow)

Jane--I will record Oprah tomorrow. Thanks for letting us know. I'm never home during her show anymore so I missed a lot. (Used to watch her all the time) I DO remember him saying that about a male!!

Jules--Day after Christmas shopping is a lot better. Still a lot of people, just not as crazy. Mostly people are returning items. James & I have joked about moving Christmas to the 27th so we could shop for cheap items.

Sue--Great on the walking. Especially w/you trying to get ready to travel. (or have you already arrived to Vegas and I just don't remember reading that??) So, what do you get a teenage girl?? I'm having a heck of a time w/Jhanai this year. She isn't any help either.

Alrighty....I need to get a move on if I want to travel in snow. I heard on the radio that we're going to be having freezing rain tonight......great.....just great! Hopefully it'll be AFTER I arrive home.

Have a great day!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Sunny day here. (sorry Marti) They have moved our forecast for colder days up until Fri. But even though Wed. and Thurs. are now supposed to be warmer they say rain both days. Just want the nice weather to saty...please.

Mom and I put off shopping until Wed. Several stores have senior days and she loves the extra discount. SO today I am making some lists...
I also swept the floors and cleaned the bathrooms. Nothing earth shattering. Gonna walk here in a few minutes.

Marti- My teen girls, 15, want those big plushy robes, cutesy p.j's, hoodies of any kind.... They also like scrapbooking things, so I plan to go to Hobby Lobby. I am going to get some of the scissors that cut fancy edges and "teen" looking stickers for their pages. DD is going to let me know what they mentioned for their rooms...so I will have lots of ideas to pick from. One DGD is into photography now, but has a decent camera, so I don't know what I can do with that hobby. Both like girly things...bubble bath, jewelry, etc. They are fun to shop for. The boys, on the other hand, not so fun! Basically Old Navy for hoodies and hats, boxers, flannel sleep pants, socks or jackets. The oldest is getting ready for his own place and I gave him a microwave and toaster....should find out what else he needs.

See you all later...Hope you are enjoying the day!
Closed Thread