View Poll Results: What are your Thanksgiving plans?
Big meal at my house w/my family and/or friends. 2 20.00%
Big meal at a family member's/friend's house. 5 50.00%
Celebrating my BIRTHDAY 1 10.00%
No plans to speak of. 0 0%
Other 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#02)

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #2  
Losing it!

Hmmmmmm.....someone is having a birthday on turkey day.......
Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

You know what it means when your birthday is on Thanksgiving??? It means you get pie AND cake!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #4  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

THATS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing too I dont like turkey all that much , but I do like pie!! from what I hear there is going too bee like 87678687687 diffrent pies at my house!!!! Plus we always put up christmas decoratoins on thanksgiving , a kind of small tradition whithin our house. But eeyr year I watch macys parade and ream of being there in new york ever since I was like 8 ! so every yesr my mom takes a picture of me with a peice of pumpkin pie for breakfast infront of the tv mezmorized !!!!

well I ratted out my friend, I made up a secret email account and emailed her aunt who she lives with and told her annoymously that my friend had been doing drugs and that she hides them in her safe in her room, and i included the code. My friend got in trouble and called me to tell me someone ratted her out, she really has no idea it was me , she thinks it was he cousin cynthia . shes grounded for a really long time and basically all means of modern age technology has been cut off from her. So I have mixed feelings right now.

For my birthday I am having a muder mystery party where I dress up like the 1920's and try to solve the mystery with friends. Its going to be so much fun! My brother vollenteered to die for me. tehehhe some days I wish he was dead j/k.

oh and do I have boy troubles!!! This guy alex is a family friend hes a little older than me , and he wants to date me . hes only older by 3 years . My mom disapproves at the moment and Im not sure if I like him , I did like him , but he had a girlfriend adn was going to try to date me while he dated heer ,and I told him no way , I am not going to be the other girl and let him use me to cheat on his girlfriend. well she is a beeotch who is always using him for gifts and breaking up with him then using him and brekaing up with him . But I dont think I am going to date him , hes coming to my birthday but hes kinda of a jerk , and displays a level of irresponsibilty, and i am mad at him for never calling me and just showing up to hang out with my brother in law but really to see me. I am so never going out with him, but I will let him come to my birthday cause i dont mind birthday gifts hhehehe ok now Im the beeotch. but the way he acts with me , I dont even feel bad about it.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

vogue-- you did the right thing with your friend. Hopefully she'll turn around, but be careful she doesn't find out that you were the rat! Good luck with the jerky guy.

My weight is starting to return to normal. I was down to 137 for over a week, so I changed my ticker and it jumped to 139! I refuse to move my ticker back up, so I persevere until I get back to my ticker weight, but at this rate, no way will I make my Thanksgiving goal. Oh well, I guess I'll shoot for Christmas instead!

Last night we (parents and inlaws, DH and DS) went out to dinner at my favorite Southwest restaurant. I had shrimp and loads of steamed veggies (and the mandatory margaritas!). Afterward we went to DD's concert. It was nice.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:30 PM   #6  

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say Hi.

I've been thinking lately about getting lap-banded. I guess that's how you say that.

School will be out in a couple of weeks and I'll be around more! I still check in daily.

Love all,
Cheryl
Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #7  

Allison I am glad that you are having a great time with your parents. Your food choices weren't bad minus the margaritas...lol Hey we have to live and you know the party will be over soon enough.

Cheryl glad to see that you posted. I worry about you when you don't even though I know that you are busy with school.
Hey is lap banded when you are tied up with bands while some hottie is sitting on your lap?
Old 11-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelite View Post
Cheryl glad to see that you posted. I worry about you when you don't even though I know that you are busy with school.
Hey is lap banded when you are tied up with bands while some hottie is sitting on your lap?
Thanks!

Ya know, I did have a guy offer me a pair of handcuffs today. Told him I'm not really into that kind of thing (It'd be different if Stewart offered, though )

Nope, lap banding is the placement of an inflatable tube around a segment of your stomach. It's supposed to cause you to feel full after eating less and feel full longer. It's a "milder" form of bariatric surgery.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Things are still very hectic here, can't wait for this semester to be over! I really need the Christmas break this year.

Alison, sounds like a great time with your parents and you aren't making bad choices with your meals.

Dee great to see you!

Cheryl, good to hear from you too! Sounds like your semester is going about the same as mine! No time for anything but school work!

Vouge, I think you made the right choice in letting someone know about your friend. You may very well have saved her life. Hopefully, she will be getting the help she needs now. Your birthday party sounds like a blast!! Have a great time!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Cheryl, is that what Sharon Ozborn (Ozzies wife) had done? I am supporting you 100%, it wouldn't hurt to at least go see a doctor to get more info and see if it is for you.

Deb, I hope your Christmas break comes soon!

Dee, how was the trip?

Allison, glad your having fun with your parents. Treasure every minute you have with them.

Vouge, the mystery party sounds fun! we wanted to host one this year for Christmas, but I think we are running out of time. It is a busy time of year for both of us with our work.

Suzy, I agree, one should be able to have PIE & CAKE on their birthday! I think the rule is, you don't even need to count calories that day. LOL!

Wheres our little Shelley?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #11  

Gayle--thanks!! I knew I could count on you to be supportive!

(and all my other Floozies, too!)
Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #12  
Losing it!

so now, Cheryl, tell me how hand cuffs were mentioned with some guy other then your hubby??? LOL!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #13  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I've noticed quite a few commercials about the lap band lately. Personally, I think Dee's version sounds a lot more fun! I don't think it would hurt to talk to your doctor to find out what your options are though.

I saw Sharon Osborn on TV the other day and she was saying that she was going to have hers removed and try keeping the weight off on her own. I hope she can do it!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #14  

Cheryl-I saw the lap banding on the discovery health network. I think it is a very good and safe approach. I am so proud of you for thinking about a safe way to help yourself.

Vogue-I think you did the right thing. In the long run, your friend will be thankful to whoever ratted her out, provided that she really does get better.

Gayle-I have been depressed over my weight. The fat is creeping back on because I keep eating at night. I really need to get myself back in gear. I need to go back to Core, but just can't seem to get it together right now. On the good side, we are getting a laminate floor, I will be buying my bike in the next few days, and we are getting the new vanities in the bathrooms. I don't know why I am still so depressed. I took the day off from work today....
Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Cheryl--the idea of a lap band sounds so much better than gastric bypass (mainly because it is not permanent). I wish you luck.

Shelley--so sorry to hear you're depressed. Are you getting enough sunlight? (well, in FL, you ought to not have a problem) My biggest snack time is not at night but in the late afternoon. If I'm at home, I'm constantly peeking in the fridge or pantry to see what there is that I can nibble on. Usually I have to remove myself from the room to stop the peeking! But now that my folks are here, I feel like I can't just leave, so I busy myself in mundane activities (like laundry, sweeping, setting the table for dinner, etc.). Maybe you need an activity to keep yourself busy so that you can't snack. Ever try knitting?

Gayle--I do cherish the time I have with my parents because I never know if this will be the last visit. But at the same time, they can be a bit of a bother. My dad refuses to wear a hearing aid so we have to listen to TV with the volume so high that no conversation can take place. And they have this thing for game shows.......I haven't yet told them that we have the gameshow network on our cable! They'd probably never turn it off! LOL

Speaking of TV, today (Thursday the 16th) on the Dr. Phil show, they will be interviewing a woman who lives here in the desert. I've seen her around for years and years. Before I knew her name, I referred to her as the walking lady. She walks 17 miles per day so she's all over the city. She wears skimpy running shorts and tank tops and carries a clear plastic purse. She has a very pronounced limp. And she is anorexic. They did an article on her this past summer in our local paper and at that time she weighed only 69 pounds. As I understand it, she's lost even more. She eats only 1/2 cup of dry cereal per day. I don't think she'll live much longer. I'd never want to be in that situation (but I doubt I ever will--I like eating too much!).

Well, everyone have a great day!
Closed Thread