Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Sassy, I'm here!!

Sorry I haven't posted. Really not had the time to be on the computer much lately. Just long enough to do my weekly school assignments, and a quick email check. That's about it.

My job has laid off about 90 people, and eliminated 2nd shift in my dept. and the 2nd shift on the main line. So, that means my dept. must stay to finish stocking all the product that is ran on the main line, and since we are the end of the line (after the parts come off, they go to another dept. that picks what they need to ship to other plants, then it comes to us), we are working about 10, sometimes 12 hour days. I put in 52 1/2 hours last week, and just a little shy of 50 this week. This paycheck was really nice, but don't like having to do the hours.

I also have started my job at H&R Block. Actually, they are classes for the next couple weeks, preparing us for the up coming tax season. I am really debating about working this year for Block, though. If we cont. with these hours, I don't think I will have the energy to do another 20-30 hours some where else. Might just have to tell my office manager I can't work but one or two days during the week, and only one day during the weekend. Guess I'll just see how it goes.

Guess that's it for now. I'm heading to bed. For some reason, I've been extremely tired this week. Can't figure that out. lol.

Have a good weekend!

Kim
Old 12-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #17  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting, I know you are really busy with all you do. I know the $ is good with you working so much and it will reallly come in useful for the holidays, but I also know you would love to have the time to spend with Hannan too. But hopefully it will be over soon and you can enjoy the holiday with everyone.

Wow we are both going back to H & R Block again this coming year. I am going to go back as well. Along with working with my other job, assessing the kids in the Indianapolis and Cincinnati area schools too. So I don't know how much time H & R Block will be getting, maybe a day or two on the weekend, but they can take it or leave it. My office manager is good with that so I will be doing all 3 jobs. We can't wait can we? YA FOR PEAK TO BE OVER THAT IS!!!

Well I am doing ok, just trying to get my holiday stuff done, need to get some cards out and haven't decorated yet either. Always behind as usual, one of these years I will get started the day after Thanksgiving like other people do. But hey I just can't wait for it to be over and done with again for another year.

Take care guys, Let's have more posts. We want to know how you are doing. We are getting so lonely. Join us!

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 12-09-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #18  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Just checking in ... I'm feeling a little "lazy" today ... got my decorations up, my gifts are all wrapped, but still have to address my cards and get them out this week. The last couple days have been really nice here - quite the change from all the snow storms we have had ... we probably have about 18 inches of snow on the ground here! It's very beautiful - although a bit rough to drive in. We're suppose to have some more nice days this week and then more snow next weekend again.

Glad to hear from you Sharon and Kim ... glad someone is posting in here ... I am not in a very talkative mood right now tho so will check back in later - hopefully I will be more "gabby" ... I think I just need to go soak in the hot tub ... no buttershots tho Sharon - I'm saving that for when (and if) you come visit with us again some day. I know you'll love the hot tub.

Later ...
Love, CJ
Old 12-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #19  

Hey CJ,
Glad you could join me. I was getting lonely. That's ok if you are lazy, you have earned that. Cause you have all your Christmas stuff done now. I made headway today, did our Holiday Letter and just have to go tomorrow and make some copies, than get the X-Mas cards out by this weekend. Than it will be on to the decorations and also have to make some goodies to send to Alan stationed in Korea. I am getting there, except Ken is being a Scrooge, doesn't want to put any lights up, says the neighbors are making up for us. LOL Oh well I don't care. I won't do it. I figure for the Christmas stuff, as long as everything is ready by New Years Eve for our New Years party, with the kids, and friends that is what matters.

Gosh wish I was soaking in your hot tub now, we will get there one of these days, in the meantime go ahead and drink the Buttershots, we can always get some more.

How is everyone else doing this Holiday Season? Post and let us know how you are doing. PLEEEEEEEESE, Me, CJ and Kim are getting so lonely without you. So get to your computer and post with us.

Take care guys, Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 12-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #20  

Hi CJ and Sharaon!

It's about a quarter to 11, and everyone in the house (except me of course) is in bed. I worked at my regualar job, and then did three hours at H&R Block tonight. I was sooo sleepy, that I decided to get a boost from a frozen coffee drink before going to H&R Block, and now I am wired from all the caffeine. I think I am more awake now than I have been in weeks!

Hannah is sick with a cold. She didn't sleep well last night, so I told mom to keep her home from school today and let her rest. I'm so worried she still has mono, and don't want her over doing it. Mom said she laid around some this morning, and then was a bundle of energy the rest of the day. Kids can bounce back from things so easily, can't they? Should of had mom send her to school today.

School is over for the quarter. I don't start my classes back up until Jan. 2. I passed both my classes. One with an A, and the other with a C, which I will take with pride, considering at midterm I was failing that class (public speaking--do I need to say more? lol). I passed both Finals with a 90%. Now I just have to work on getting my rehire classes out of the way for Block by the end of the year. I need 24 hours of classes to be officially rehired, and 30 to advance to the next tax pro. leverl. I have 6 hours completed. But, I have the whole week at Christmas time off, so I can live on the computer doing my online tax courses if needed.

Only have worked 37 1/2 hours this week so far. If I work 9 or 10 tomorrow, I will finish the week with less than 50 hours. That almost feels like a vacation. lol. But, not complaining (much), I like the paychecks!!

Finally have the Christmas tree up, and the inside of the house decorated. Now just got to finish the Christmas shopping.

Take care and hope to talk to you all again, soon.

Kim
Old 12-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #21  

Default Where is everyone?

Hi all,
How is everyone's Christmas going so far? I have been busy, just doing all the things that need to be done for the holidays. Had to send son Alan in Korea a box of goodies for his Christmas. It cost $45 just to send it and probably another $75 to $100 worth of goodies. Cheese, summer sausage, crackers, popcorn, snacks and other goodies. I also planned to bake some cookies to send, but thought to myself, what is my time worth. Since I am still working at my other job, the educational study too. So I went online and found this great company called Mucky's Cookies and the lady that runs it, Allison is a housewife who made cookies and brownies for family and friends and someone asked her why doesn't she go into business and she did. She is sending 3 dozen of various cookies and brownies to Alan. And the best part is she is not charging me shipping cause he is overseas, serving his country and so she doesn't charge for an APO address. So I am thrilled, she is just a lifesaver I tell you. So that is done and I am ready to do other things for the holidays. Man now I know why Christmas is NOT my favorite holiday, there is so much to do, you don't get hardly any help, it all falls on you to do most of it. I much prefer New Years Eve, cause we usually have a party with all the kids and their friends, make all kinds of food too. Than I love New Years Day because it means I have another year before I have to go through this all over again and get stressed once again. And I won't even go there about how much we spend on presents for everyone, and go in debt big time. We are trying not to go in debt at all, we all exchanged names and will give $50 gift cards and a $10 gift to open. This way we are not out, cause we give the gift cards and we get the same thing back and it makes it fun, cause we don't know what kind we will get. But it really helps, thank goodness my daughter, Kelly came up with that idea. Now next year of course we will buy for our new Grandson, Tyler. It will be fun to watch him enjoy the holiday, Santa Claus and all that goes with being a child. I do however love being with the family for the holidays, just hate the hoopla that goes along with it. Too much I tell you! LOL

KimV-Wow you did well with your grades this semester. I know you have to be glad you are done with school till the after the New Years. You have earned some much needed rest, but knowing all you do, you probably don't sit much, just like me. There is so much to do during this holiday. I know all you have to go through to get rehired by Block, taking those classes. I am not a tax preparer, but just about All of my friends are. Between everything I know you probably if you are coming or going.

Well that's about all from me. Gotta go, finally got the tree up, just have to go and decorate it now and the rest of the house. Merry Christmas to all!

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 12-21-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #22  

Default Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!
Have a great holiday, and don't eat too much!!

Remember the reason for the season.

Kim
Old 12-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #23  
CJ

Just popping in for a real quick hello here - I hope everyone had a great Christmas - hubby and I have been very very sick here. Hubby was sick for Christmas and before and still is not 100% and he shared with me so I'm now sick for the New Year! I just got up to make a cup of hot tea for my throat. I'm hoping to be able to feel good enough to at least go out for dinner tomorrow nite, but it doesn't look good ... About the only thing I have been able to eat is soft pears - makes the throat feel good. Oh yes, and hot tea. Oh well ... good for the diet I guess - LOL.

So anyways - here's a big HAPPY NEW YEAR for everyone! Hopefully after the new year starts this group will get a big busier ... Well, for now 3 is a good number - me, Sharon, and Kim ... but would love to see all the others back with us - Slyvia! Sherry! Joanna!

OK ... back to bed for me ...

later...
Love, CJ

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #24  

Default Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

CJ-Hope you and hubby get to feeling better. I know what it's like to be sick at the holidays. Definately no fun!

Kim
Old 01-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #25  
CJ

thanks Kim ... yes, being sick over the holidays is NOT FUN! Still feeling bad today but hopefully this shall pass SOON!

OK girls .. going to do something different for the beginning of the year. Since there is only the 3 of us posting at this time I am going to go back to a weekly chit-chat instead of one long thread ... at least until we get more posting in our group. So, every Monday I will start a new thread for the week. Let's at least TRY to post once a day - ok? Even if it's a short "hi - how are you"!

So no more posting on this thread - I am on my way now to start the new chit-chat thread for this week. See you there - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread