S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

You are so very welcome!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Just an FYI (For your Information)

Miss Marti has a sticky that may be of some assistance to some of us who don't know what the acronyms are or just need a brush up. (DD, DH, etc, etc) I figured since Maria was asking that I would just post it.........

Thanks Miss Marti for making a sticky!

Here it is:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36374

Old 11-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #34  
Maria

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies! Well, I really screwed up by eating that muffin yesterday as i gained 2 pounds back. But that's okay. Today, and even last night for dinner, I'm back on track. That's the important part for me, and the hardest part as well. As soon as I eat one morsel of something I shouldn't, I want more. Last night after my son went to bed, I got that "what can I have" thought in my head and had to keep myself from grabbing anything more than a few almonds.

I think what keeps me going is the great feeling I get when I feel better and look better.

Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

We've been having the awful rain pouring down like mad lately! Hate driving at night in it. We don't have any of the flooding like I've been hearing about though. Did have a power outage the other day......from Springfield all the way down to my little town. Thats about 25miles worth of outage! Crazy I tell ya.

Sue--Did you get your new luggage?? Can't believe it's that time of year for you and the family to go to West! Are you wishing you were having Christmas in your new home though? You're house is just beautiful by the way!! Love it.

Maria--Work is a great place to have tempting foods! Especially when it gets closer to the holidays!! Next week I have a meeting in my department and food is always provided. Next month we have a meeting w/a client who plans on buying us all lunch. In between all that, we have the bakers who love to bake for the holidays and share w/everyone! So far, I avoided all the Halloween candy......lets see how I do as the months go on!

Michelle--I really like the avatar you have up! Love your smile. Did you hear that Friday they expect another rain storm? I don't know if you're near where all the flooding is happening......I hope you don't get flooded in your area! I'm wondering if it'll be anything like it was the last time we had major floodings in Oregon?

Sassy--Sorry you've been under the weather lately. Glad to hear that you're feeling much better. Good thing that you got lots of sleep. If you had a fever, sleeping is the best way to not feel so miserable! Keeping good thoughts that you feel even better today!

Cristi--I got your pages yesterday!! Plus all the other mail that I haven't checked in the last week! (The darn box is at the end of my driveway....you'd think I'd check it everyday!) Your pages are great! I need to work on my more this weekend and hopefully I'll get them mailed before Thanksgiving. Thanks for sending them!!

Hello to everyone else that I have missed. Hope you're not having bad weather and if you are...hope you're indoor safe and sound!

I better get myself ready for work. You all have a great Thursday!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #36  
Maria

Thanks for such a nice email Marti. I know that it is so hard around the holidays, so I'll have to be extra strong. I just have a tendency to do really well for about a week or so, then fall flat on my face. I'm tired of that up and down thing.

Gotta get back to work... bye!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Just a quick pop in,

Cristi - thank you so much for the beautiful pages! And the journaling you did in the other thread is so helpful. Your kids are great, and so are you, V, and Ernie dog.

Hello to everyone else!

I lost 3 pounds on my first week with Dr. Oz. The thing is, I don't get hungry. The foods he has me eating include more protein than I had before, and also only complex carbs, which take longer to digest. I have to admit that I miss the taste of some of my favorite foods that I can no longer have, but I sure don't miss the way they made me feel.

Toodles for now, and I'll try to get back this weekend to do individuals.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- I am going to have to get that book by Dr. Oz. It sounds like a good one. Hope things are going okay at your house and with Mary.

Marti- I got luggage and now plan to take it back. Funny...I never used to be so indecisive. We will be in LV for Christmas I think. Either place we can't have the whole family there, so the holidays are not as much fun as years past. So...I guess we will take the warmer of the two places. LOL

Well..ladies...we have 1 less house as of today. Whew, is it a relief. Even though it is quite sad to see a house of 28 years go, a house where our only child together was born. Life does go on. The couple who bought it were so excited today and it was neat to see how much they love the house. Makes it easier..you know?
I didn't walk today, but ate OP. Actually, I probably didn't eat as much as I should have. Stomach ache. Ugh!
Hopefully tomorrow will be grocery day and also laundry day. I am behind!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #39  
ugggg.....

Good Morning Ladies....hear that....that's the sound of me not having to do for anyone else today.... I am coloring my hair this morning(Feria midnight ruby), it really needs to be cut. DD's extra stuff...breakable knick knacks, candles, pictures, extra dresser & clothes (boy that girl has ALOT of clothes) and other misc stuff that we wanted in a more climate controlled place than the storage unit she rented here has got that old empty nesting thing has working again. I took a big bunch of old magazines to work where they can be recycled, I have more and DH is even (gasp!) going through some of his huge amount of car magazines though I would bet money that they don't go anywhere. I have some books and such to donate to a local charity that has a huge book sale twice a year and some other odds and ends. All this stuff is getting to me--definitely downsizing again....
DS's gf wants a crockpot for Christmas and I found a PINK one in the JC Penney catalog..she'll love it--he will hate it and I am wondering if I should get the pink toaster for her too. I thought I would add a "Fix It and Forget It" cookbook. DS wants one or two hoodies, he is down to just one--doesn't know what happenned to the rest??? He is actually easier for me to buy for than DD who is extremely picky. Part of hers is always easy--it a Mom & Daughter thing--we get massages and pedicures--we do it twice a year on her b-day and for Christmas.

well back to organizing and getting another load ready for Goodwill.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #40  
ugggg.....

Sue--glad all went well with the closing--it's nice to have found a couple to love the old place as much as you did.

Jane-WTG on the pounds lost--DH and I watched a program with Dr OZ about improper diet and lack of exercise can actually age your body and changing those things in you life can reverse it. It was really interesting.

Marti--my little area at the workplace is having a brunch to decorate our booths in November and then the Christmas things start--there is our little one, the division one and the company wide one plus several family bdays. Lots of temptations. Cookies are definitely my weakness.

Riacoul--welcome! I fluctuate up and down a few pounds--always have. One think that helps curb my cravings is water though I have to get better at getting enough drank throughout the day. I do feel better when I drink more.

Michelle--It's nice to hear the smiling of your voice in your posts...

Sassy--hope you are feeling better...

Cristina--miss you...hope everything is okay!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #41  
Maria

Thanks Jules. I do try to get enough fluids/water too. It's hard sometimes. I love your avatar.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #42  
ugggg.....

I love yours too, fall colors and a good dog--perfect...
Old 11-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #43  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LADIES...Yesterday DH and I took DD to a college visitation, and we definitely got in tons of walking, but it felt good! The college is about 45 minutes away from our home, but she would live on campus, and we could pick her up on weekends and holidays, if she wanted to. I will definitely miss her, but I said atleast this way, she would be living there, but we would still see her more than if she went off somewhere far away, and she'll still be getting her independence. Hope all of you have a wonderful Friday!!!

MARTI...I think we're definitely getting our storm back today! They said we could be getting wind gusts up to 45 mph and 100% chance of rain all day. I'm so ready for some nice sunshine again!

JULES...Thank you for the kind words. Atleast today is a day for you!
Old 11-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Gals...

Waking up Reeaaallly tired! Wish I could go back to bed! I stayed up way to late I guess. Nothing like a shower and a cup of coffee won't fix right?

Maria--Holidays can be hard to be good when it comes to dieting. I have decided this year that I'm not going to ban all the good stuff. I would just set myself up for failure and binge later on. I figured, a sweet treat every now and then is ok, as long as I'm not losing control. So far, I'm doing ok!

Jane--I'm totally going to check out the book. 3lbs is fantastic!! Hurry back and chat w/us!

Sue--Does your whole family go to LV when you go? Or just you and DH? How exciting for the couple who bought your house. I bet they're thinking that it's a perfect place to create memories w/their family!!

Jules--I have a co-worker who loves pink! Most of her kitchen appliances (small things) are pink. Last year she was looking at pink coffee makers and coffee bean grinders! As for weeknesses.....I was trying to think the other day, what it is that I would over indulge on if I had a table sitting in front of me filled w/tasty treats. What is my trigger? I don't really know!! Carby foods or sweets! Maybe both! No wonder I have a weight issue!

Michelle--It was down right freezing here last night! I hope it's nothing like a freezing rain storm! Right now for us, it's not raining at all. In fact the roads are pretty dry. Scary!!! If we do have the storm they keep talking about....stay safe! I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Well as tired as I am this morning, I'm going to skip my morning walk and just wait until after work. I know it would help me but I at least I'll be walking tonight.

Watched FlightPlan w/my DH last night. Has anyone seen that? It was a good movie. And we had watched Firewall the other night. Liked them both. We recently got NetFlix and started checking out movies we've been wanting to see.

Ok....I better get a shower in and a cup of coffee! Have a great FRIDAY!!

Hugs to all.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #45  
a work in progress

Just a quick hello, ladies...

Haven't been on much lately, same old story -- my arm is sore, I'm down, still at a plateau, nothing new. I did pick up the Dr. Oz book, and I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. Really good info, makes sense -- and the eating plan seems very similar to the WW Core plan.

Welcome to the new ladies This is a wonderful, supportive , chatty group, so if that's your style, you're in the right place

Noah didn't have school today, so he is here early this weekend. If he gets some of his homework done, I told him I'd take him to the mall and out to lunch.

Talk to you soon,
Mary Kate
Closed Thread