Old 10-31-2006, 09:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Happy Halloween Ladies!!! Anyone doing anything tonight? We are taking Carter downtown, they usually have some trick or treating at the stores along the beach, and they have local artists carve pumpkins and they have games for the little guys. So that will be fun. We dont get any kids at our place, so that means I dont have to buy any candy!

Sorry I have been laggin on posting. This whole time change has thrown me off. Carter has been getting up way earlier, and thats just not fun. I am going to try to take him to the YMCAs daycare area again since he has been more social it might work now. He would cry the moment we would walk in the place and they would come get me like 10 mins later. It sucked.

I did go to the gym last night and I did the eliptical for 50 mins and then I went on a treadmill for 10. I had a fellow spin guy tell me I was ambitious! haha.

Seems like so much has gone on with you all since friday! I am going to go catch up and do personals later on. Take care, and make great choices today!!!
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 AM   #17  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Dropping in real quick to wish you all a Happy Halloween! Have to go "pee in a cup" (drug test) and then take DD to a dentist appt. so no time this a.m. for anything.

One good thing (and about THE ONLY) I'm glad we live out here in the desert for.........75 degree temps for trick or treating tonight!!!!

Have a great afternoon guys, BBL!

Danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:51 PM   #18  
I can do it this time.

My workout was good but short I got dropped off late, I was there for an hour and 15mins. I did half an hour on bike and the other half on elliptical. I realized I need to buy some weights maybe 5lb weights? and do them at home, the cardio part is fine but as for my strenth and toneing I havent done any of that.

Hope everyone is doing good.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #19  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone! Well how did your halloween go? Mine was awful, lack of planning and making really bad choices. Noone to blame but myself but I'll turn it around today, I HAVE to turn it around today! I've lost sight of my goals.

Deb...I hope the renovations are going well! Did you avoid the candy?

Stacia...Excellent job on your workout!! You are amazing! How did Carter do yesterday? Did he have a blast?!

Danielle...so you got a job I take it?? Do tell woman! I am really jealous about your weather, we FROZE last night it was like 26 degrees out. Taylor even commented on how she wished we could go to AZ for Halloween because its warmer there LOL!

Sara...an hour workout is short?!! Sheesh girl you are kicking some serious butt!!! Way to go!! The weights are nice to have at home, I should take a cue from you and actually use mine!!

Bonnie and mia...miss you girls!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Be good to yourself and make good choices!! That is my plan for today!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Well, I have no motivation. Everything is so up in the air right now I can't even focus. It's just another excuse. I don't know how to 'snap out of it' though.

Sara - Great workouts! Keep up the good work!

Danielle - peeing in a cup eh? Well, I'm thinking you are either pregnant of taking a new job physical! Good luck either way! LOL

Melissa - Halloween candy got the better of you eh? Thankfully we didn't even have any in the house. Today is a new day!

Okay, right now I am just making the conscious decision to make this a new, better day. Why is it such an "effort" to do what is healthy, right for us, and it comes so easily to eat unhealthy stuff? We have to change our way of thinking. I guess I need to go look in the mirror and tell that to myself before I tell it to you all eh?!
AlaskanMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #21  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Kids Halloween pics!

Nicole

Kori

Alex he didnt dress up, but he's too cute not to show! LOL

Danielle
Old 11-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #22  
Melissa

Hello hello! How did your Wednesday go? I'm not gonna lie, another bust day. I didnt even have the intentions of sticking to plan it seems. Very frustrating what I'm doing to myself. I need to sit down and journal, I think thats what I'll do tonight instead of reading my book before bed. Friday is gonna be ugly I'm afraid!

Melody...how did your day go? I'm looking for my focus too, maybe we can find it together! I think I need to get back to holding myself accountable, I need to know someone is gonna check on me to see if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be. We can do this, noone can do it for us. I'm here for you! We'll win this battle! I hope you've got lots of healthy choices under the belt and are ready to have another great day tomorrow!

Danielle...I cant believe how big your kids are getting! Costumes are GREAT! I am just getting into the book we were supposed to do for the board, so far I'm a bit shocked at the racey talk! Sheesh! I must be getting old and prude! LOL!

Well since Danielle shared I suppose I could share my lovelies too. Here they are in their costumes I sewed for them.

Have a great night everyone!!

~melissa
Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

oh oh! I want to share pics too! Your kids are all so cute!!! I love halloween! Carter got a kick out of it, and did really well! He would go up and ask for a "treat" and then only take 1!! I was shocked!

Sorry it is so big! Photobucket is not my friend right now.

I didnt make it to the gym on tuesday since it was halloween, but I went yesterday. My pilates instructor couldnt make it, so I worked out on the eliptical and then went to spin. She is the instructor for spin too, but she saw me there earlier in the day and then came up to me at spin, and asked.. "you are still here?!?!". I laughed a bit and told her no. I did go home for awhile and I went back. Is she crazy? 3 hours at the gym?? haha.

Melody, that is so understandable. You guys are going through a big move right now, I dont think I would be able to focus either! Relax get in the groove of things and hop back on!

Well, the little man is calling out "mama" guess he is awake early once again this week!! Its 6:40 and he was waking up close to 9 before the time change!
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #24  
Melissa

Good Morning!!! Well you'll never guess what I did! I got on the elliptical this morning and went for 15 minutes! I tried to talk myself out of it but I won the battle! I could have even gone longer but I ran out of time. Leg is bothering me only slightly, nothing I cant live with considering. I'm so proud of myself!! I hope to make this a habit and maybe get on there earlier so i can go longer. We'll see!! busy day today with lunch in the classroom with my littlest, then I have my mock interview then my oldest's orthodontist appt then tonight she is in a parade for Day of the Dead. Busy busy...keeps me out of trouble!

Stacia...your little roo is so cute!!! OMG I forget how adorable they are in costume at that age. and so polite! LOL! Way to go on sticking to that workout even when the trainer wasnt there! You are doing so great!! Keep it up!!

Who watches Biggest Loser? What was up with Kim last night getting on Bob as if he doesnt know how to train....who does she think she is? And what does it say when one of her team actually WANTS to train with the other team. She was just too much, I get the feeling her and bob dont like each other much, they were both making snarky comments. I love bob! LOL!

Okay better get going here! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa
Old 11-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #25  
Danielle-Red Team Member

OMG Stacia, your little one is absolutely adorable!!! Loved the costume! My middle DD was Winnie the Pooh in preschool, I think she was 3 and man, what a cutie! Then at school they put her with a little boy who'd come as Tigger. They were hilarious!

Stacia, GREAT job on the workouts lady!!!! I think someday I would really like to try a spin class. Of course, that'll be in about 100 years since it's taking me freakin forever to lose any weight! LOL You did good girly!!!!

Melissa, yay you worked out!!!! Musta felt pretty good, huh? I've actually been doing my bike the last few days, nothing too dramatic but at least it's somethin. I'm glad the leg is holding up ok, this could be a good sign that maybe the eliptical will be a good workout for you for now. Costumes were awesome! I think next year I will just put in an order to you for my kids????? Seriously woman, you could make some fantastic money doing what you did!!!!

Oh, and do not even get me started on BL!!!!!!! Mel, remember last night when I was telling you how I could not stand Kim??? This is why!!! Ugh, made me sick the way she was after Bob like she was. WTH?? He asked to train with Bob, obviously he wasn't afraid to train hard. And Bob brought up a very good point, the guy he was training (his name escapes me at the moment! lol) had absolutely no upper body strength. It was almost like he was asking what the heck the red team's been doing all these months, yanno? Then her snarky comment about how her team's won more weigh-in's. PUHLEEZE!!!!! They put up the measliest amounts the last couple weeks so she can pound sand for all I care. I really really hope she wont be back for another season, she does not mesh well with Bob in any way. Really is a turn off for me in regards to watching the show. At least Jillian and Bob had a rapore that was competitive but you could tell they liked eachother & were friends. I dunno, maybe I'm just too sensitive since I Bob so much! LOL And OMG, did you see Brian's "after"??? He looks amazing!!!

Okay, *calming down*...all done with my BL grouch-fest I promise! LOL Girls I am seriously at a crossroad this a.m. I am feeling hopeless. I love love love the intuitive eating approach and all that but man, I am feeling really really big. I guess maybe I am not embracing the process 100%? I dunno. I do know that its almost the end of '96 and I am finishing the year bigger than when it first started. This makes me sad. While I love what the IE process has brought me in terms of less anxiety and obsession about food, at the same time I feel as if I'm just gaining and gaining.....I guess maybe I'm being too impatient and want to cut corners in terms of allowing the natural path to occur that is IE. What a pain in the @$$ I am to myself!! LOL Maybe I should just cut off my head and then everything would be ok. Its all that thinking I keep doing that gets me into trouble every time! ARgh!!!!
So yeah, today I am alittle discouraged and not trusting myself much. Hopefully I'll be able to snap outta this and just keep walking straight.

Ladies, have a great afternoon!!!

Danielle
Old 11-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #26  
I can do it this time.

So last night Matt wanted to eat out, he realized that I'm working hard to stay healthy and he said we could go to subway. for some reason i felt rushed and i said the first thing out of my mouth... Chicken bacon Ranch... this morning I went to look up the nutritional value of the sandwhich so I can enter it on selfdietclub.com (they have a great tracking system and its free for self subscribers) 540 calories for a 6in and I had a 12inch! I about died, Yesterday I didn't get to work out yesterday. I told him I never going to have that sandwhich again this morning in an email. I'm deffinately going to be marking down which ones i can eat for next time... he kind of thought it was funny and said i'd have been better off at McDonalds . hehe. Oh well now I know and Luckily I didnt go over 2000 calories, i was at the 1700 mark including the sandwhich. crap hehe. Im deffinately going to the gym tonight!!!

Your kids look so cute in their Halloween Costume
Old 11-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #27  
I can do it this time.

What are you ladies planning for thanksgiving dinner? My mom said I can plan whatever sides I want ( I told her healthy sides) for thanksgiving and she'll go with me to buy the ingredients...

What are you planning or might be thinking for thanksgiving?
Old 11-03-2006, 08:58 AM   #28  
Melissa

Good Morning, good morning!! Well its finally Friday! I kind of feel like, okay lax week is over time to get down to business! Yesterday was a busy day. Orthodontist was...oye! First we were almost late because I couldnt find it, I HATE to be late!! Then we had to wait for 45 minutes before we were even seen. Then the bad news! She can either get a retainer that will fix the one tooth that is causing problems for $600 but that wont fix everything just the one tooth. Or a full set of braces for $4800...OUCH!! Oh and if we want clear thats another $500. But the good news is she'd only have to have them for 18 months. The older they get the more expensive they get!!

My plan is to get on the elliptical again this morning as soon as dd is out the door, that'll give me at least 30 minutes before I gotta hit the showers.

Danielle.....Brian's after was amazing, it didnt look anything like him. Took YEARS off his face. I thought they were just doing another "others" profile when it started. I :heart: bob too!! Maybe we could kidnap him, and all 3 of us run off to a tropical island and he can whip us into shape! LOL!! Hey did you see Oprah yesterday? Dr. Oz was on again, they've got a new book out called "YOU on a diet" I want to read it, perhaps we could do it together? If you are interested anyway. Let me know! NO cutting off of the heads!! You know as well as I do that this journey is chalk full of ups and downs as long as you keep going you are gonna win!! I know you can do this! I know how much you want it! Its just gonna take us some time but we are gonna cross that finish line! Way to go on that bike lately!!! I'm so proud of you Danielle! You inspire me every single day.

Sara...it sounds like you are doing GREAT!! Even with the big sandwich you still came in below calories, that is good news!! That doesnt mean you are skipping other meals though does it? How did that workout go? Thanksgiving around here is my favorite holiday. I just LOVE to cook that meal. I get up early early and get the bird in the oven and enjoy some cocoa while I watch the parade and wait for the monsters to awaken. Because its just the one day I really dont limit myself to doing it healthy. I know I should, I know I'd be better off for it but we just dont. You could have all the same sides just doing it healthier, use chicken broth instead of butter to flavor mashed potatoes, use sweet instead of white potatoes. Steamed veggies rather than the fattening green bean casserole. As long as you cut where you can you will be that much better off.

Okay time to meet the elliptical! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa
Old 11-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #29  
Melissa

Forgot weigh in! Down 1.6 lbs this week. dunno how I did that but I'll take it!!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #30  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Good Morning!!!

Well, not so good a weigh in....up 1.5. Argh!! I know it's only because I am still "figuring out" this approach I'm doing, but man, sorta disheartening, I am human afterall of course the #'s are gonna bother me. Oh well, another week ahead and so I guess I just keep trying.

Sara, you are doing so well with your workouts, keep it up! Bummer about the sandwich but hey, at least you came in under calories still, right! I hope you are eating enough though....gotta keep the "furnace" burning. lol As far as Thanksgiving, I don't really make anything different to fit lower calories at all...just don't like that taste, esp for a holiday. I just watch portions as best I can and go from there. I dunno, call it comfort foods from childhood or whatever, but I make things exactly like how it was growing up for me! Melissa's right though, you can cut alot by substituting broth for butter and controlling oils and sugar. Good luck!

Melissa, definitely would be interesting in reading Dr Oz's book! I saw the preview for it the other day and I totally forgot to watch yesterday. I even had 2 chances to watch--she comes on at 3 and then again at 9pm. LOL Big congrats on your loss this week!!!! You done good kid, I'm way proud of you!!!! I definitely would be in for kidnapping Bob. LOL I swear I wish I could just keep him here and have him telling me what I need to be doing. Also having him just get in my head and motivate me like he does would be awesome! Trying to talk the hubster into letting me go and train with him in L.A.! LOL So far I don't think he's buyin it. And didn't I warn ya about the cost of those braces! Ouchie, huh? Not to mention now our dentist is really pushing for my littlest one to start ortho treatment because she has such severe overcrowding and it's screwing up her bite....ugh, I seriously cannot afford another 6k on the books!!! And I cannot believe yours is charging an extra $500 for clear, that's outrageous, ours said they'd cost the same if that's what Alex had wanted. So I wish you guys good luck in deciding what to do...I know its a rough decision because you're like me, wanna make sure you do what's good for the self-esteem of the kids, but at the same time where the heck does that $$ come from!!!

Alrighty girls, I'm outty....DS has an ortho (speaking of ..lol) appt. and then DD has an awards assembly that she's getting 2 awards at. Then tonight is clothes shopping for DS and for me (begrudgingly)....I hope dh is planning on taking me out to dinner after the week I've had. LOL

Make today a great one ladies!

Danielle