View Poll Results: Where should Gayle go for her honeymoon?
On a Caribbean cruise 8 72.73%
To the Canadian Rockies 0 0%
A KC Chiefs game and/or a NASCAR race 1 9.09%
Home to bed 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:17 AM   #31  
Janice

As you can see from my tracker I have gained back almost all the weight I lost. Not very long ago my tracker was 6 lbs to go 23 lbs lost. Now it is totally the other way around.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:27 AM   #32  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Floozies, what are we doing to ourselves? We have all worked too long and hard to get the weight off only to gain it all back by slipping back into those bad habits. Right now, right this minute, take the time to type out your goals for today. Don't make excuses to wait until tomorrow or Monday or whenever...today is Day 1!

Today I will eat healthy and not go over 1200 calories and I will spend at least 20 minutes on the treadmill!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #33  
Losing it!

Hi Floozies!

Sounds like several people are struggling here with eating, myself included.
I agree with Suzy, we all know this will be a life-long battle, so today is #1 in reaching our goal. We will all have situations arise which is out of our control, we will all suffer through PMS monster munchies, we will all have times of nothing sounding so good as a special sweet etc. we will all have times of thinking there is no way in heck I am ever going to reach my goal, then just when by chance, we are sooooooo close, we start right back with the old habits. I think we can all say we have all been there and done that. Today is a new day, rejoice in the day! Instead of thinking everything is bad, lets try to celebrate the good in our lives. Stop and think how each of you have been blessed. I can instantly say I am blessed with the friendship here! I think sometimes we get so caught up in the negative, we forget to look at the positive.
I can think of each one of you and instantly, I can think of several positive things about you!!!

Suzy, I am joining in! I will watch EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth today and make healthy choices. I will also fit in at least 20 minutes of exercise.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, what a horrible day I had yesterday! The internet was down all day at work and I couldn't come and visit!!! Perhaps that's why I sneaked 4 pieces of Halloween candy! Bad me! (Oh, yeah, and I took one this morning, too.) Not great when we had three trick-or-treaters. I always expect the boys next door, and last year they brought a huge group with them, but not this year, so I'm stuck with a bag of mixed Reese's candy bars. Can you believe I didn't eat ANY on Halloween, but something about the next day made me lose my willpower.

I was thinking this morning, I should give up wine again this month (at least until the relatives arrive for Thanksgiving) so I can get close to my Thanksgiving goal. I still have 3 pounds to lose.

Vogue--when is your birthday? My DD's is November 29th. I know what you mean about feeling like a whale. I never want that feeling again (although I felt more like a cow than a whale!).

Janice--here's your kick in the butt! You know you can get back on track.

Suzy--once Aunt Hazel is back to doing well, you'll get back to exercising and those few pounds will simply melt off. I'm confident you'll be able to do it!!

Shelley--I guess you ought to not eat in bed!!!

Gayle--your "rejoice the day" made me think of DD. She told this boy she likes him and he said he didn't like her back. The next day, her AIM away message said "this is the first day of my life." I thought it was quite inspirational--especially from a teenager who was just crushed. But then I found out it is a lyric from a song he gave her.........what's a mother to think?

Everyone have a great day!!! I'm glad to be back!!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #35  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Carpe Diem everyone! seize the day!

My birthday is the 23rd. thanksgiving day. I was having a better day today , was as in past tense. Today en la clase do espanol nosotros celebreta el dia de los muertos , a.k.a the day of the dead and pepole brought in so much good spanish food what the **** was I suppossed to say? No thank you I have been such a whale lately eating so many cupcakes , and am trying to reduce the fact that I am almost 16 and 50+ lbs over weight. Of course not, so I will eat ok for the rest of the day and go for a run or something in a while, prob do an extra 200 crunches today.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #36  

Vogue--you are exactly 6 days older than my DD! She'll never have her bday on Thanksgiving, I think the closest she's gotten is 2 days afterward. She jokes that so many of my family were born on or near holidays (mine is St. Patrick's Day, DS is Christmas day, sister is Veteran's day, Mom is Washington's Bday, and the list goes on!) Anyway, DD is also trying to trim down a bit and it didn't help her when she raided her little brother's stash (actually, she accosted him as soon as he walked in the door from trick-or-treating). She must have eaten 6 full sized treats that night and saved a couple for last night. I don't think she "gets" the whole calories in-calories out thing. She thinks just a few sit-ups a day is all it will take for her to drop 10-15 pounds. But of course, she won't listen to me cuz I'm her mom!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #37  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

hahahha , i was acually born on the day after thanksgiving, I always joke and say thats why I love shopping , I was like ok mommy get me out of here I need to go shopping , then my mom says I creid non stop for like 3 days straight I didnt go to sleep I just screamed , and I say its cause I didnt get to go shopping but in acuallity it was cause I had a colic thingy.
yeah binging on low carb ice cream or not it was lo carb ice cream!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #38  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

I had to take a cpr class today and while I was there there were like 87376768 donuts and I woke up today saying no matter what the tempatation I need to get back on and stay on , i dont need that junk , what happened? I didnt give in , thants right didnt! I am so proud of myself , i am back on and staying on! I am eating some chicken breast then i am going for a run , so im back !!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Not feeling well today at all. Came home sick and have been laying around all day. One minute cold, next minute sweating! Yuck!
Hope everyone else is having a good day!!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #40  

This was posted on the support thread (or was it general chatter?). It sure says a lot.

Quote:
This is an excerpt from Linda Spangle's book 100 Days to Weight Loss. I think this might have been mentioned here before, but it bears repeating.

People who are interested in losing weight:
1. Stick with it until something better comes along
2. Take action only if they “feel like” doing it
3. Need to see results in order to stay motivated
4. Blame people or circumstances for their struggles
5. Easily give up when the face challenges.

People who are committed to losing weight:
1. Stick with their plans no matter what
2. Take action whether they feel like doing it or not
3. Assume that if they stay motivated results will follow
4. Take responsibility for their own actions
5. Keep going in spite of challenges and setbacks
I almost feel like framing it!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #41  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Allison ~ Thanks for passing on those words of wisdom! I've never heard of that book before...it sounds like it may be worth finding and reading.

Debbi ~ I hope you're feeling better soon!

Vogue ~ Way to go girl! I'm proud of you!

Aunt Hazel is being discharged from rehab tomorrow morning, so I will be spending the day getting her settled back at home. I don't have any plans for Sunday and I hope it stays that way! I'd like to have the day to myself and maybe try out my new sewing machine!

What is everyone else up to this weekend?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #42  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Thats great i printed that out and out it on my closet door!

thanks suz
Old 11-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #43  

Please stop!!

A new thread has been started!!!
Closed Thread