View Poll Results: Where are you when you check in and/or post?
School 0 0%
Work 4 33.33%
Home 6 50.00%
Any combination of the three. 2 16.67%
None of the three--other. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #31  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks so much to everyone for your words of advice and encouragement...it really helps! The "rehab" won't have an opening until Tuesday, so Aunt Hazel is still at home unless something opens up before then. The good thing is that she is feeling better. I'm starting to wonder if her heart went back into A-fib night before last and then reverted back to a normal rhythm yesterday. That would explain why she was feeling so awful and the grim outlook that she had. The same thing happens to my dad from time to time and he can't explain the feeling either...he just feels "done in", can't do anything and wants to stay in bed. There's no way to know if that was the case or not without having her pacemaker read, but it is a possibility and would explain a lot. I'm sure she has some depression going on too. Just like your mom, Allison, I think she thought that she was going to bounce right back and be better than ever and with the setback from the CHF it hasn't been as easy as she thought. So anyway, for now we are keeping a close eye on her and just waiting for the "rehab" to call.

Debbi ~ I am taking some time for myself this weekend (that is if things stay relatively calm ). Tomorrow morning is the kids sewing class that I help teach once a month and after that is over I am going to go pick up my new sewing machine! Hopefully I will be able to find a few hours to learn how to work it this weekend!

Janice ~ I'm so sorry to hear about Doug's accident! I'm assuming that he is really sore, but is he ok other than that? No broken bones or anything?

Cheryl ~ Your story reminds me of the Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers"... You are SO right about the growing up we do in those younger years! (Congratulations on the A!)

Dee ~ Happy birthday to Jay! It is amazing how much they mature in just a few short years isn't it? I'm glad that you had a fun evening!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dee--I'm 43 as well, but my kids are 11 and 15 (almost 16)! I guess I waited a bit before having kids! LOL
Old 10-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #33  
Losing it!

Hi girls! First off Cheryl, is there such a thing as a bad vodka martini?? LOL!
I would of suggested Absolut or Sveda ~~Both are moderatly priced. Now, if I knew you had some extra money to toss around, it would of been Grey Goose! I watched a show one night were they used vodka (a neutral liquor) and added it to different drinks. No one could tell the difference between the moderately priced compared to the premium.
CONGRATS ON THE A!!!

Dee, have fun your night out on the town! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO THE J!!!

Deb, good luck cleaning house! I know you will feel better once some of the clutter is removed.

Allison, your doing a great job maintaining considering your busy schedule.

Janice, I hope the wax stuff works for Sheba.

Vouge, if you stick around us old fogies we will be able to keep you away from learning all of the life lessons we have experienced.

Girls.......I have a secret......Shhhhhhhhhhhh....going to happen next Friday the 27th.........any guesses??????
Old 10-21-2006, 08:41 AM   #34  
Janice

Gayle - my guess is you got the promotion, I know you deserve it!
Suzy - I hope you get some me time this weekend, you have been running yourself ragged.
Cheryl - Congratulations on the A,
Doug is sore, but he is really down these days. It scared him that he lost control of his truck and blacked out, what if he had been on the highway rather than a back road!! He hurt himself at work a few weeks ago and he has a bad cold for a couple of weeks. I don't know what to do to make him feel better.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I am cleaning like a mad woman here! Have the washer going and have done a few rooms. Still so much more to do, but the stairs are really giving me a workout. If I am downstairs, I need the broom and that is upstairs. Really need to get two of everything, but that has to wait till the construction is over and we have some extra money again! Guess I should look at it as a workout, but when I just came back down and have to go right back up for something it is a pain in the butt!!

Suzy, hope you are having a good time at the kids sewing class. That really sounds like fun to me!

Gayle, my guess is also the promotion! Fingers crossed I am right!

Janice, hope Doug is feeling better today.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #36  

Suzy, you said
Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if her heart went back into A-fib night before last and then reverted back to a normal rhythm yesterday. That would explain why she was feeling so awful and the grim outlook that she had. The same thing happens to my dad from time to time and he can't explain the feeling either...he just feels "done in", can't do anything and wants to stay in bed.
My experience is that it could be extremly low blood pressure. My mom takes her pressure several times during the day, and while I was there I made up a spread sheet for her to track her pressure readings. Her complaint was that the Dr. had her on high BP meds, but her BP readings were very low. She would take her pressure when she awoke (before her meds) and an hour after her meds and then any time that she was feeling "done in". It was during those times that she was feeling "done in" that her pressure was extremely low. We took her BP log to the Dr. (which he and the nurse really appreciated) and he explained that although her BP was low, she still needed the meds to keep it low in order for her heart to heal properly. He said he'd look at the meds a month later and possibly take her off of them at that time. Anyway, it might be something to look into.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #37  

Gayle, good luck. I hope it is the promotion as well! Keep us informed (I know you will!).

Lynn--I know what you mean about stairs and going up and down endlessly. I'm so happy that this house has no stairs! But on the other hand, it always seems that what I need is on the other side of the house!!! I'd say have fun cleaning, but cleaning during a construction phase is NO FUN! Doesn't it seem that as soon as you're done dusting that the place is covered in dust again? Aargh.

Janice--husbands are hard to care for! I like to be babied when I'm sick--have someone bring me juice and soup without being asked. My DH wants to be left alone. He basically sleeps it off, and doesn't want any human interaction when he's sick. So, my instinct is to baby him and his instinct is to leave me alone when I'm sick. Thankfully we don't get sick much because we're just not made for each other in this one instance!

Cheryl--congrats on the great grade!

It's Saturday morning here. Normally I would be sleeping in a bit, but that black dog woke me up at 5:30 for his breakfast. He's good, he knows that if it's a sleep in day, he'll curl up at the end of the bed and let me sleep for another half hour before bugging me again. But this morning DD had the PSAT test and I had to get her to school by 7AM. So up I got and now I'm back from the hour long round trip to school. It took a little less time because it's Saturday and there isn't much traffic. DH went to work for a few hours and I have time to kill before taking DS to the dojo for his Karate photos (no class today). I really don't have time to do much, and since I haven't showered, I refuse to hit the grocery store early, so I'm thinking of taking the dogs for a walk. Yup, that's what I'm gonna do!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #38  
Losing it!

No girls.....not the correct answer......wanna give it another try?
Hint: A celebration........

Allison, I have a 21 (soon to be 22) year old and a 7 year old! I'm not quite sure whatever possessed me to have them so far apart other then it was a second marriage. I said the Serenity prayer 3 times the other moring before I got Allison dropped off at school. She is a wonderful child, just behaving rather like a 7 year old that day! LOL!

Suzy, I hope Auntie will be ok. Sounds like most heart patients suffer from the same symptoms. The conversations between you and Allison are exactly like what my mother has been through too. How is Aunties blood oxygen level? Also, certain heart meds can give a patient a "done in" feeling.

Janice, I hope Doug is ok. It could of been very serious. Has he done this before? Just curious, because Steve has done this right when he is taking a bite of food or taking a drink. If so, PM me, I may have some info for you.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #39  

Gayle-Your killin' me! What happened to the birthday thread anyway? I can't figure out whose it is.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #40  
Losing it!

No birthday Shelley.....

Keep guessing??????????..........
Old 10-22-2006, 10:09 AM   #41  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

sounds like we all have had our old dogs. Mine WAS rosie . she was a pruebreed golden retriver that my aunt had bread and I basicaly grew up with her. Her hair was as red as mine and pepole often mistaked her for an irish setter. She was the only red one of the whole litter, all the others were blonde. I picked her out of the litter when i was 2 , she was the runt and I felt bad for her ause she couldnt get in to get any milk from the mother ...hah. I grew up with her and just this past may we put her to sleep cause she was in so much pain. She was extremely overweight and had trouble getting up , her hips were shot , she smelled , we never got it checked out but I think she had a form of cancer on her stomache she had a werid tumor thing. But eveyrmoring she would wake up and get herself up and comeover to lick me and smile and wag her tail.....I miss her alot. you know like everyone has that 1 dog in their life where no other dog can replace them , Rosie was definaly mine.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #42  

Oh, Vogue, what a touching story! Yes, I miss my CC, too. My DH and I cried and cried all the way to the vet when we had to put her down. We kept her collar and I bought a shadow box and framed her collar and several photos of her throughout her life. It hangs in my DS's room.

Gayle, no idea.....more hints?

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #43  
Losing it!

What a neat idea for a rememberance Allison.

Vouge, I still remember my first dog growing up. She seemed to be human instead of a dog. She let me play dressup wearing my doll dresses and would even be my patient as she layed in bed on her back eating an M&M every so often. This was way before we ever heard chocolate was bad for dogs.

Another clue:
First comes love, then comes???????
Old 10-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #44  
Janice

Gayle - ITS YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!! Congratulations - Maybe?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #45  
Losing it!

NOPE! Not my anniversary????

Hint: Indecent proposal???????
Closed Thread